Search found 648 matches

by stephengoodall
Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:39 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Lazy Sunday Comics
Replies: 0
Views: 1226

Lazy Sunday Comics

Hey all This Sunday TotalKunst Gallery is hosting a drop in and draw session in partnership with The Edinburgh League of Comics . We will be in the gallery 2 till 8 so If you feel a burst of positive creative energy after The Save The Forest meeting why not pop down and express this via the time hon...
by stephengoodall
Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:06 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: gallery last 10 days of August
Replies: 15
Views: 5118

Re: gallery last 10 days of August

ok cheers- hopefully we will be able to fit everything into the available time.

Stephen
by stephengoodall
Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:41 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: gallery last 10 days of August
Replies: 15
Views: 5118

Re: gallery last 10 days of August

cool- how long did you envision showing the work for brittonie?
by stephengoodall
Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:53 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: gallery last 10 days of August
Replies: 15
Views: 5118

Re: gallery last 10 days of August

judging by the other stuff we have, the drop and draw can be reduced to a single day without any great detriment to the event. I would like to be able to book and confirm a date with the league of comics ASAP and would propose that it is held on Thursday the 25th August, if noone has any objections-...
by stephengoodall
Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:38 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: gallery last 10 days of August
Replies: 15
Views: 5118

Re: gallery last 10 days of August

all sounds good to me.

Stephen- did you have any preffered dates?
by stephengoodall
Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:38 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: gallery last 10 days of August
Replies: 15
Views: 5118

gallery last 10 days of August

Hi all so there are a few plans currently underway for programming the lasty 10 days of the gallery (22/08/2011-31/08/2011), i think it would be good if we could start getting an idea of what these plans may be and what dates they would be in the gallery. The plan at the moment is to have a range of...
by stephengoodall
Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:43 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Event in the gallery 23/07
Replies: 2
Views: 1039

Re: Event in the gallery 23/07

good call thanks- i'll do that
by stephengoodall
Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:16 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Event in the gallery 23/07
Replies: 2
Views: 1039

Event in the gallery 23/07

Hi all the current TK artist Malcy Duff was hoping to have an event in the gallery on saturday the 23rd of July he plans to start the event at about 3pm with a couple of readings from one of his comics and then finish off with a set from his band Usurper in the gallery. He expects the whole thing to...
by stephengoodall
Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:49 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 41143

Re: The Gallery Calendar

updated
by stephengoodall
Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:34 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 41143

Re: The Gallery Calendar

archived, more dates added up to july.
by stephengoodall
Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:07 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: info for the weekly programme
Replies: 1
Views: 1773

Re: info for the weekly programme

great, thanks for that, its the meeting tonight so we can update our promo process then.
by stephengoodall
Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:04 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Swedish woodcarver from Berlin
Replies: 3
Views: 2412

Re: Swedish woodcarver from Berlin

Shannon wrote:Pretty unlikely that TK will be free in February. I think it books in a lot further in advance than that.


This is correct, sadly.
by stephengoodall
Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:23 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: meeting this thursday 16th
Replies: 2
Views: 2049

Re: meeting this thursday 16th

catch you this eve
by stephengoodall
Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:17 am
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: total kunst website
Replies: 1
Views: 1074

Re: total kunst website

will do.
by stephengoodall
Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:48 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010
Replies: 43
Views: 13111

Re: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010

i will be there
by stephengoodall
Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:31 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010
Replies: 43
Views: 13111

Re: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010

cool see you there.

I've been doing the email for a while -i'd like to discuss someone else taking over for a while if poss.
by stephengoodall
Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:19 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: vandalism in the gallery
Replies: 14
Views: 2187

Re: vandalism in the gallery

shitebags! also forwarded the smae email onto mirja from tk yahoo account- so hopefully she managed to get in touch with gary.
by stephengoodall
Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:53 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: tk festival 2010 (tkx)
Replies: 44
Views: 9839

Re: tk festival 2010 (tkx)

i think that sounds fair and duly approve! anyone object?
by stephengoodall
Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:17 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: tk festival 2010 (tkx)
Replies: 44
Views: 9839

Re: tk festival 2010 (tkx)

technically there is a budget for the shows, we should try to keep this to a bare minimum, we should decide at a group, perhaps you should propose exactly what you would like to spend.
by stephengoodall
Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:08 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Back to Forest
Replies: 26
Views: 18928

Re: Back to Forest

Interesting thread- i think espescially since the gallery group seems to have moved again from having several members who are actively involved with FWG/ forest issues to a point where the majority of members' main interest is solely the gallery. We have moved from a budget that was in suspense, to ...
by stephengoodall
Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:45 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: photos&stories for 10th anniversary exhibition july
Replies: 2
Views: 2059

Re: photos&stories for 10th anniversary exhibition july

yeah, the 10 year exhibition begins on Monday the 12th July- are the ForestX team working on this? if not, it would be great to collate various ephemera to exhibit- the barred book is a great idea. the photos currently on random rotation on the website are great- whose are they? perhaps some could b...
by stephengoodall
Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:46 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: action weekend 10-11 july
Replies: 1
Views: 1757

Re: action weekend 10-11 july

I should be about, so will be able to help.
by stephengoodall
Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:58 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Visual Arts meeting 24/06/2010
Replies: 0
Views: 1601

Visual Arts meeting 24/06/2010

Present
Simone, Caroline, Mike, Stephen, Mirja, David

next three slots for gallery filled in.

will start a thread for action day
by stephengoodall
Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:04 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: FoH Postcard.
Replies: 37
Views: 5685

Re: FoH Postcard.

what about Opportunity for artists We would like to find exciting and talented creatives to exhibit their inspiring and engaging works on a semi permanent basis within The Forest, a vibrant and radically independent DIY open source cultural and social centre, artist resource space, gig venue and all...
by stephengoodall
Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:02 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: betamaps budget
Replies: 3
Views: 2204

Re: betamaps budget

seems fine to me- we can just see what kind of costs arise- i don't anticpate them being to great

also we have yet to agree on what our budget is
by stephengoodall
Wed May 26, 2010 11:15 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: FoH Postcard.
Replies: 37
Views: 5685

Re: FoH Postcard.

What about people who exhibit in Total Kunst? Could be good to let all of them know the possibilities too, right? As far as I was aware, TK have always told artists that they should contact foh@theforest or speak to Nix/Kata/Cornelia if they want to do art in Forest, outwith the galery. Hay, VAWG.....
by stephengoodall
Wed May 19, 2010 9:38 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: artist website/shows of interest
Replies: 3
Views: 673

Re: artist website/shows of interest

Dunno about anyone else, but I am really looking forward to the next show due on at The Fruitmarket.

I saw his most famous film Dial HISTORY a while back and it was excellent- so i'm looking forward to seeing his newer and older works.
by stephengoodall
Wed May 19, 2010 9:34 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 41143

Re: The Gallery Calendar

so what do we reckon- niceify the gallery prior to ten year show or directly before festival?
by stephengoodall
Wed May 19, 2010 9:31 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010
Replies: 43
Views: 13111

Re: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010

So the next meeting is next Thursday- we said we were going to talk about potential projects for the future- unfortunately i have a late shift that day so probably won't be able to make it. Which is a shame cos i was looking forward to it.
by stephengoodall
Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:38 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: during august!
Replies: 3
Views: 2452

Re: during august!

Hi Chris, the following is pasted from our application to be in the Edinburgh Art Festival (which we are!) Our festival programme (a showcase on three 2-week exhibitions) has been planned specifically with the EAF in mind. It presents contemporary work that spans a number of mediums and genre and is...
by stephengoodall
Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:04 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 41143

Re: The Gallery Calendar

sounds good

or would it be better to move the 10 year exhibition a couple of days earlier and have 2 days directly before the festival show installs? i.e. move beginning of 10 year to 10/11th but finish 2 days early freeing up 24th/25th for making the gallery spic and span.
by stephengoodall
Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:38 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: forest website etc.
Replies: 1
Views: 1692

Re: forest website etc.

Hi thanks for that, send me the details please, my email address is under my user profile... our current promotion process involves us sending the posters and info to the events@theforest email so that the events can be added to the website and distributed to the listing mags etc- is this correct? t...
by stephengoodall
Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:16 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 41143

Re: The Gallery Calendar

I've just spoken to Mike on the phone and he hasn't contacted the other 2 yet so we can hang fire on those for now. Simone, if you don't mind contacting Ice Cream, you could give him the choice of TK41 or TK42 and when we know which of those if any he prefers we can program the others in accordingly...
by stephengoodall
Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:13 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010
Replies: 43
Views: 13111

Re: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010

Right I think we did well getting through the submissions last night, we are almost booked up to christmas at the moment and we still have a few things on the back burner as well. I propose that we next do submissions again in June, this frees the meetings up to discuss some other stuff... I also pr...
by stephengoodall
Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:06 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 41143

Re: The Gallery Calendar

Hi I've updated the details with what i recall from the meeting last night, i think i got it right. The only problem is that we completely forgot to book in the ice cream guy, who we have had on the back burner for ages trying to find a suitable slot for. Sorry, this slipped my mind in the haze of t...
by stephengoodall
Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:18 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 41143

Re: The Gallery Calendar

updated with details for tk41 and tk42

we need to think about what to do with the slots after that so we don't schedule a takedown on christmas day or something
by stephengoodall
Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010
Replies: 43
Views: 13111

Re: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010

Thanks Mirja There are alot of submissions to go through and hopefully we will be able to chat about the 10 year show with Cornelia. Is there something specifically about the web that needs to be discussed? if so can we pre-empt it and hopefully reduce the time needed to discuss it at the meeting? a...
by stephengoodall
Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:29 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: current exhibition
Replies: 4
Views: 2471

Re: current exhibition

Current show is the "big picture" in The List this issue...
by stephengoodall
Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:54 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: VAGW : CJ Start
Replies: 2
Views: 1892

Re: VAGW : CJ Start

Hi Caroline I don't think you've met me but i'm also a part of the VA/TK group- thanks for expressing an interest- the next meeting will be the last Thursday in March, when we will be predominantly discussing pending submissions and what we are going to have in the gallery October to December. In th...
by stephengoodall
Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:45 am
Forum: Minutes
Topic: VA Minutes 25/02/2010
Replies: 1
Views: 1855

VA Minutes 25/02/2010

simone mirja stephen mike TK32- go for it.(damien) Perhaps consider a process that we can use to invite artists to exhibit in the space, encourage local practitioners TKX things we can do... Mik Godley? Call for submissions? Darren Farquar? Hans? AP Mike to contact Mik Mirja to contact Darren Stephe...
by stephengoodall
Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:06 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Next Behind the Scenes meeting....
Replies: 17
Views: 1779

Re: Next Behind the Scenes meeting....

btw thursday the 25th is the visual arts meeting, so we are likely to be using the action room- hope this isn't a pain.
by stephengoodall
Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:14 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: FIXING/to do
Replies: 18
Views: 4232

Re: FIXING/to do

sunday 28th 12pm? sounds good. I can do ladders.
by stephengoodall
Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:04 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: FIXING/to do
Replies: 18
Views: 4232

Re: FIXING/to do

It seems that the Glazier can either come on the 27th or the 1st as the 28th is a Sunday- i've asked Mike when Heather can install and she cannot install any later than the 28th. I've contacted Rich from the current show and he thinks he might be able to take most of the stuff away on the 26th, allo...
by stephengoodall
Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:41 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: FIXING/to do
Replies: 18
Views: 4232

Re: FIXING/to do

quality- thanks for the update
by stephengoodall
Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:30 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: exhibiting artists- February
Replies: 2
Views: 1161

Re: exhibiting artists- February

Hi

yeah that would have potentially have been a good idea to get the word out but sdaly that sunday was the final zine fair sunday at least for the moment...
by stephengoodall
Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:20 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: PROMOTION materials
Replies: 4
Views: 3286

Re: PROMOTION materials

This is the current info for artists- but i think we need a new one now. Info For Artists The Space -The gallery space is yours for the duration of the exhibition, do what you want with it (within reason). -The Forest is open 10.30am to 12 midnight each day. -Please introduce yourself to the kitchen...
by stephengoodall
Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:18 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Info for artist and tk logos
Replies: 21
Views: 9490

Re: Info for artist and tk logos

I have unstickied this thread and added the info to the now sticky promotion materials thread
by stephengoodall
Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:14 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: PROMOTION materials
Replies: 4
Views: 3286

Re: PROMOTION materials

Hi

I've made this topic sticky and for clarity i've un-stickied the info for artists and TK logos thread- so that we have one thread that contains all the info.

I've also attached the floorplan and the logos.
by stephengoodall
Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:25 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: new proposal for the front room
Replies: 19
Views: 3946

Re: new proposal for the front room

yeah looks good

Go to advanced search