Search found 343 matches

by michaelbowdidge
Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:02 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 41192

Re: The Gallery Calendar

Charles Anderson says that he would like to have an opening and a closing party - he explains his reasons for doing so below - are we ok with this? Personally I don't see any problem with it. Just following up from our phone conversation would it be alright if I had an opening for my show on Novembe...
by michaelbowdidge
Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:02 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: doors for gallery
Replies: 8
Views: 3538

Re: doors for gallery

I have to say that i have no strong opinions on this, but the current blinds are starting to look a bit tatty. Perhaps longer lockable blinds, although if will has decide he is happy then perhaps the decision can be deferred.
by michaelbowdidge
Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:42 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: tk festival 2010 (tkx)
Replies: 44
Views: 9843

Re: tk festival 2010 (tkx)

Erm.... bags that come in boxes with taps attached. for openings. In red and white flavours. At least I thought that was what we were talking about upthread. Or have i got the wrong end of the stick completely?
by michaelbowdidge
Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:47 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: tk festival 2010 (tkx)
Replies: 44
Views: 9843

Re: tk festival 2010 (tkx)

On a similar tip I've had to arrange to hire in a projector for the art late event from Stills as the spare one is broken at present and the one in the cafe can't be moved (and I can't borrow one from the people I've asked as their insurance won't cover such items being taken off their site. I have ...
by michaelbowdidge
Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:27 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Visual Arts Working Group minutes thurs 290410
Replies: 0
Views: 1519

Visual Arts Working Group minutes thurs 290410

Visual arts working group meeting. Thursday 29th August 2010 Present: Caroline, Soline, Stephen, Iain, Simone, Michael, Mirja. Agenda: 1. Funding and what we might want it for Do we want to be supplying artists with a budget? In an ideal world yes – it’s good for closing parties – we haven’t had man...
by michaelbowdidge
Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:17 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Funding Opportunities
Replies: 0
Views: 1976

Funding Opportunities

A rolling thread for funding opportunities... Please post 'em here!
by michaelbowdidge
Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:31 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 41192

Re: The Gallery Calendar

krzysztof brudlo confirmed.
by michaelbowdidge
Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:17 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 41192

Re: The Gallery Calendar

I think Mike Riddell had some quite good text in his proposal which described what he was trying to do.
by michaelbowdidge
Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:11 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 41192

Re: The Gallery Calendar

Hi res image attached below from Heather Tweed.
by michaelbowdidge
Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:30 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 41192

Re: The Gallery Calendar

Heather Tweed has sent in a revised proposal for us to look at - I personally don't see any problem with her changing what she wants to do a bit - though strangely enough she seems to have gone in the direction of the map project withough even being aware of it. I've attached it below if anyone want...
by michaelbowdidge
Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:36 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010
Replies: 43
Views: 13134

Re: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010

Thanks Stephen - I'll let them both know.
by michaelbowdidge
Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:12 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010
Replies: 43
Views: 13134

Re: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010

Hi people, not going to be able to make it this evening - I'm really sorry - got to work - but i have a couple of points to raise: 1. Heather Tweed would like to know if we can offer her any funding - what's the current position on this? I have explained to her already that if there is anything avai...
by michaelbowdidge
Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:35 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Bottomlining
Replies: 0
Views: 1057

Bottomlining

Just to say that I'm sorry, but I didn't manage to make it to the FWG meeting on monday as I got offered shifts at work and really needed to take them. I will try to get along to the next one.
by michaelbowdidge
Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:33 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: action day
Replies: 3
Views: 1238

Re: action day

Am away in London for the art fair that weekend of the 17th - no can do...
by michaelbowdidge
Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:23 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Front of House rejoining Visual Arts?
Replies: 10
Views: 2524

Re: Front of House rejoining Visual Arts?

I also think FOH + Cafe and Events is a better fit than FOH + VA, for all the reason suggested above.
by michaelbowdidge
Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:21 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Minutes Visual Arts Working Group Thurs 10th December 2009
Replies: 8
Views: 4024

Minutes Visual Arts Working Group Thurs 10th December 2009

Visual Arts working Group Meeting, 7.00 pm, Thursday 10th December 2009-12-10 Present: Mike, Mirja, Simone, Stephen. Apologies: Naomi. Mirja suggested that it might be worthwhile to print some postcards as a possible fundraiser – they could be sold in the shop. It was agreed to look at this in detai...
by michaelbowdidge
Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:14 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: tk festival 2010 (tkx)
Replies: 44
Views: 9843

Re: tk festival 2010 (tkx)

That Oxford connection could become a node in the network we were discussing when Paul was here. Definitely worthy of further investigation...
by michaelbowdidge
Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:22 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: tk festival 2010 (tkx)
Replies: 44
Views: 9843

Re: tk festival 2010 (tkx)

With regard to the remaining two festival slots, this is a painter that I'd be quite interested in inviting to show... I think it's accessible but also slightly controversial work, which could be good in one of those slots, perhaps the first one? What does everyone else think? Perhaps we can discuss...
by michaelbowdidge
Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:22 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Minutes: Visual Arts Working group, 26/11/09
Replies: 0
Views: 1637

Minutes: Visual Arts Working group, 26/11/09

Minutes: Visual Arts Working group, 26/11/09 In attendance: Martin, Mike, Simone. Apologies: Stephen, Mirja. Festival slots: we decided to run with 3 approximately 2 week slots. Dates are suggested as follows with Bernard Szajner provisionally booked for the middle slot. APs: Simone to email Mirja,...
by michaelbowdidge
Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:08 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: promotion promotion
Replies: 79
Views: 16986

Re: promotion promotion

Will do, I was thinking that would be a good idea too.
by michaelbowdidge
Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:50 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: promotion promotion
Replies: 79
Views: 16986

Re: promotion promotion

Poster for Toby Lloyd show
by michaelbowdidge
Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:21 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 41192

Re: The Gallery Calendar

I saw Mirja yesterday morning and I think that's the case, as she told me Jessica was very excited about the show.
by michaelbowdidge
Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:50 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 41192

Re: The Gallery Calendar

Mike Riddell confirmed for TK30.
by michaelbowdidge
Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:12 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: Artist for the toilet.
Replies: 33
Views: 6520

Re: Artist for the toilet.

Disco balls seem to have fallen off the agenda. I vote for their immediate re-instatement...
by michaelbowdidge
Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:07 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Mystery Cafe
Replies: 3
Views: 1011

Re: Mystery Cafe

I love this - let's do it!!! Please, please, can we? Please? Just for one night? It would be very beautiful (or at least quite amusing)...
by michaelbowdidge
Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:10 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: This week I've been mostly listening to...
Replies: 216
Views: 161436

Re: This week I've been mostly listening to...

Dragons - Here Are The Roses
Capricorn - Lost In Jellywood
Vangelis - Bladerunner
by michaelbowdidge
Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:07 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 41192

Re: The Gallery Calendar

Heather Tweed confirmed for TK 29
by michaelbowdidge
Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:53 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Maps and stuff
Replies: 63
Views: 25444

Re: Maps and stuff

To summarise the map project meeting the other day (these aren't quite minutes, but are heading in that general direction). We decided to put togther a revised call out text (Mike to do) which would emphasise that we were happy to work with either fully formed proposals for projects or looser, propo...
by michaelbowdidge
Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:33 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 41192

Re: The Gallery Calendar

i think it's important to keep the mapping project in line with the annuale dates, so perhaps we could stick in some shorter shows either side of it if it falls across two month long slots - that might be the easiest solution...
by michaelbowdidge
Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:50 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Two Turquoise G3s
Replies: 3
Views: 544

Re: Two Turquoise G3s

I think I may have a use for the OS9 chappie... I could pick up if required?
by michaelbowdidge
Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:33 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Visual Arts Working Group meeting Thurs 28th October 2009
Replies: 2
Views: 2204

Visual Arts Working Group meeting Thurs 28th October 2009

Minutes: Visual Arts Working Group meeting Thurs 28th October 2009 Present: Martin, Mike, Mirja, Simone, Stephen. Updates: Stephen: contact established with Annuale: provisional dates for 2010: possibly late June? T.B.C. Mirja has met with Ilaria to discuss PR. More information and further meetings ...
by michaelbowdidge
Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:41 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Maps and stuff
Replies: 63
Views: 25444

Re: Maps and stuff

From Kruno... Dear friends! DIY event EEII'09 is looking for people who would like to artistically experiment and collaborate on-line or f2f. All collaborations will take place between 12 h and 24 h at different locations in city of Cakovec, Croatia on 5th of December, 2009. This is invitation for y...
by michaelbowdidge
Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:51 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: the next logos
Replies: 7
Views: 2060

Re: the next logos

15th no good for me I think :(
by michaelbowdidge
Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:34 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: the next logos
Replies: 7
Views: 2060

Re: the next logos

I like.... this weekend?
by michaelbowdidge
Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:39 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 41192

Re: The Gallery Calendar

Toby Lloyd needs to know if we have a couple of dvd players or monitors we can let him use for his show. If not he may be able to source his own - do we have access to anything?

Also, he'd like to know if the darkroom is currently functional?
by michaelbowdidge
Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:49 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Mapping project meeting: Sun 18th October 8pm in the Gallery
Replies: 1
Views: 487

Mapping project meeting: Sun 18th October 8pm in the Gallery

Some of you may be aware that the visual arts working group has been discussing a large-sacle project around the idea of mapping, possibly timed to coincide with next year's Edinburgh Annuale Art Festival. There's a link to this discussion here http://www.theforest.org.uk/bb/viewtopic.php?f=66&t...
by michaelbowdidge
Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:10 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Visual Arts Wrorking Group Meeting Thurs 24th September
Replies: 2
Views: 1413

Visual Arts Wrorking Group Meeting Thurs 24th September

I assume we're meeting next thurs as it's the last of the month?

7:00pm in the action room?

Any points for discussion?
by michaelbowdidge
Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:42 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Maps and stuff
Replies: 63
Views: 25444

Re: Maps and stuff

thanks for that Kruno - good to have you 'on board' :-) Plenty of food for thought there, methinks...
by michaelbowdidge
Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:13 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: 1 x FREE ticket for Eden Festival THIS WEEKEND!
Replies: 0
Views: 548

1 x FREE ticket for Eden Festival THIS WEEKEND!

Due to a ridiculous chain of co-incidences I'm giving away a FREE ticket to this excellent little festival in Dumfries and Galloway THIS WEEKEND. All you have to do is PM me to arrange to pick it up from me in Leith tonight. I was going myself but can't now due to work commitments, and the buyer I f...
by michaelbowdidge
Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:38 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Maps and stuff
Replies: 63
Views: 25444

Maps and stuff

Just a thought.. iIknow we had talked a bit about the idea of doing something quite broadly in the gallery and in the wider forest community with maps/mapping... One of my MFA students in Berlin, a very nice and very interesting/intelligent guy called Kruno Jost, does a lot of work in an around this...
by michaelbowdidge
Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:19 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Paul Matosic
Replies: 3
Views: 1826

Paul Matosic

I had this email and document through from Paul Matosic - he copied in Mirja too but i'm guessing she's pretty tied up in F-land at present. Is he scheduled for the second suitcase series? What do we think about this? Is he suitcase 02? i can't tell from the calender - no name there. Have copied in ...
by michaelbowdidge
Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:01 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: festival 2009
Replies: 40
Views: 13666

Re: festival 2009

Final version of poster with EAF logo - this is the 200 dpi CYMK version for printing...
by michaelbowdidge
Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:35 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: ugh
Replies: 3
Views: 763

Re: ugh

Hurray! Here comes the cavalry New World Order...
by michaelbowdidge
Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:55 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: festival 2009
Replies: 40
Views: 13666

Re: festival 2009

that's right.. Ailsa asked for a two day set up, so it will be opening friday am.
by michaelbowdidge
Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:01 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: TK Group Show
Replies: 29
Views: 6944

Re: TK Group Show

Most definitely :) see you all tomorrow evening.
by michaelbowdidge
Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:58 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: JULY TK Meeting
Replies: 5
Views: 2071

Re: JULY TK Meeting

Can't do thurs or friday - can we run with weds?
by michaelbowdidge
Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:47 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: august to march booking slots
Replies: 21
Views: 6250

Re: august to march booking slots

Done. Awaiting reply...
by michaelbowdidge
Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:07 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: august to march booking slots
Replies: 21
Views: 6250

Re: august to march booking slots

yeah, can do that... thanks for the contact details - am on it!
by michaelbowdidge
Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:09 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: TK Group Show
Replies: 29
Views: 6944

Re: TK Group Show

well done - thanks for doing that :)

Go to advanced search