Search found 239 matches

by Lynne
Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:50 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Drink?
Replies: 5
Views: 937

Re: Drink?

Aw, cool guys. If we do move on before 7.45pm I'll tell the Night Manager where we are.
by Lynne
Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:21 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Drink?
Replies: 5
Views: 937

Drink?

Hey

It's my last day tomorrow. Anyone who wants to come out for a beer is more than welcome!!!

We'll be in the cafe until 7.00pm (ish). Come join us :D

xx
by Lynne
Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:51 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: web site aims?
Replies: 12
Views: 4058

Re: web site aims?

Em... Noe isn't into the technical side of computing - he's far more into graphic design.

But yes, Chris is his Project Supervisor, so maybe everyone could work together to create something lovely that we all like?!

Ah, that is the dream anyway!!!
by Lynne
Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:27 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Cafe & Events meeting 1st July 2010
Replies: 12
Views: 4700

Re: Cafe & Events meeting 1st July 2010

The Police will not let us take drinks outside when we are licensed! I tried to apply for off-sales for our last Occasional Licence because our lawyer had advised us to do this, as taking a drink outside is classed as an off-sale. They Police weren't happy with this at all and I had to agree not to ...
by Lynne
Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:55 am
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Cafe & Events meeting 1st July 2010
Replies: 12
Views: 4700

Re: Cafe & Events meeting 1st July 2010

Just two wee points:

The festival rota, think the 2nd EVS box is meant to be 10pm - 4am? Or was it decided that 12am - 4am was better?

Paper cups - we won't need them as no drinks can be taken outside this year due to new licensing laws.
by Lynne
Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:53 am
Forum: Volunteering
Topic: New term for evs?
Replies: 1
Views: 1733

Re: New term for evs?

Hi there

Thanks for getting in touch!

We aren't looking for any new EVS volunteers until the 1st November 2010 deadline for 2 projects starting in April 2011.

If you want to apply for these projects, send your C.V. and Motivation Letter into 'projects@theforest.org.uk'.

Cheers!
by Lynne
Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: The splash/landing page
Replies: 15
Views: 3426

Re: The splash/landing page

We have a new EVS volunteer - Noe - who is really into computer graphic design. This is what he wrote about his skills: - I worked as a designer and layout designer for a newspaper. - As a teacher of computer graphics in various academies of the subjects of: Edit video, Flash, photo editing, vector ...
by Lynne
Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:13 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: wow, that was fun, do you have my helen love?
Replies: 7
Views: 1751

Re: wow, that was fun, do you have my helen love?

I saw him lying on the ground when me and Stuart were litter picking on Saturday night.

I think he may have got thrown away :shock: :(
by Lynne
Thu May 20, 2010 12:59 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: meadows fest
Replies: 33
Views: 5463

Re: meadows fest

What David means is that we have floats sorted out for the bar and the merchandise stall! I will bring these down on Saturday before we open. I've promised to be 'responsible person' for the bar, so I'll be there all day. Just let me know if you need me to do anything! It all sounds great so far :D ...
by Lynne
Wed May 19, 2010 6:05 pm
Forum: Volunteering
Topic: EVS
Replies: 5
Views: 3575

Re: EVS

You will know by Friday, I promise!
by Lynne
Wed May 12, 2010 12:05 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Something nice :)
Replies: 0
Views: 397

Something nice :)

sula sent a message using the contact form at http://theforest.org.uk/contact.

Greetings. Sometimes the light falls in a way, that makes me remember, a day spent in the Forest. Sooo much love to every body and their every bodies.

Kindest wishes from Vietnam.
by Lynne
Tue May 11, 2010 4:18 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: Bits & Bobs Closing Down Sale 4th - 14th May
Replies: 1
Views: 940

Bits & Bobs Closing Down Sale 4th - 14th May

Greetings! Top Bits and Bobs will be havng a closing down sale in store from Tuesday 4th May to Friday 14th May- usual opening time apply. We will also be open on Monday 10th May from 10-3pm. Official last day of trading 14th May 2010 We will be offering generous discounts on all materials and produ...
by Lynne
Wed May 05, 2010 1:02 pm
Forum: Workshops
Topic: Project idea - Drums?
Replies: 19
Views: 7057

Re: Project idea - Drums?

Milk, can I pass this one over to you?

I will PM her e-mail address to you.

Thank you!
by Lynne
Wed May 05, 2010 10:55 am
Forum: Workshops
Topic: Project idea - Drums?
Replies: 19
Views: 7057

Re: Project idea - Drums?

Okay, I think I will tell her it's a no go then as she wants to bring up '70 drums or so'.

Thanks guys.
by Lynne
Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:02 pm
Forum: Workshops
Topic: Project idea - Drums?
Replies: 19
Views: 7057

Project idea - Drums?

Hey Got this e-mail today: Hiya, My name is Michelle Giesbert and I was wondering if you would be interested in having a free drum circle at forest's? I could bring up to 70 drums or so, plus small percussion. What would be needed is chairs (easier for djembe drums than sitting on the floor) and a p...
by Lynne
Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:00 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: Charity Gig, Thursday 22th July
Replies: 5
Views: 1305

Re: Charity Gig, Thursday 22th July

We don't have a Public Entertainments Licence which you need in order to charge entry.
by Lynne
Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:27 am
Forum: Events
Topic: Charity Gig, Thursday 22th July
Replies: 5
Views: 1305

Re: Charity Gig, Thursday 22th July

If it's going to be in our upstairs hall (Bristo Hall), e-mail Cornelia at 'info@theforest.org.uk'.

If you want to do it in the cafe, call the cafe direct on 0131 220 4538.
by Lynne
Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:01 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: meadows fest
Replies: 33
Views: 5463

Re: meadows fest

Because Ryan was Licensee by himself for the whole fundraiser, I totally don't mind being 'responsible person' for the Meadows fest. That is if we need a Personal Licence Holder? Will find out...
by Lynne
Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:11 pm
Forum: Volunteering
Topic: Beltane tickets for sale!
Replies: 0
Views: 1419

Beltane tickets for sale!

Hey lovely vollies! We've got Beltane tickets for sale now in the cafe. They're £6.50 each. If you sell a ticket, you MUST log the sale in the little red book that's in the till drawer beside the tickets. It is very important that you write down all the information in the little red book. We need to...
by Lynne
Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:37 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: content from the old joopla(?) website
Replies: 8
Views: 1946

Re: content from the old joopla(?) website

Eh... ? As far as I'm aware the scanner on the photocopier does work, even I can use it!
by Lynne
Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:25 am
Forum: Minutes
Topic: forest "Do the Loo" campain meeting 4/5/10
Replies: 5
Views: 2691

Re: forest "Do the Loo" campain meeting 4/5/10

Oh, I love Mary! She always used to look out for me when I was getting up to nonsense in the Port hahaha... such a long time ago...
by Lynne
Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:46 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: forest "Do the Loo" campain meeting 4/5/10
Replies: 5
Views: 2691

Re: forest "Do the Loo" campain meeting 4/5/10

I will be away during this time, but I fully support building new toilets!

Not because the council are telling us to, but to simply make our space nicer/better...
by Lynne
Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:11 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Forest Fundraiser in April - We need you!
Replies: 4
Views: 928

Re: Forest Fundraiser in April - We need you!

Unfortunately I've had to cancel the first round of training this week.

But I will be doing the second round beginning Monday 5th April.

Please come!
by Lynne
Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:13 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Forest Fundraiser in April - We need you!
Replies: 4
Views: 928

Forest Fundraiser in April - We need you!

We are hosting another Forest Fundraiser to raise money for new toilets. We will be selling alcohol until 3.00am from Thursday 22nd April - Sunday 25th April , If you want to be able to serve alcohol during those days, you will need to do your Licensing Training! We will be holding Licensing trainin...
by Lynne
Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:39 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Gypsy/Traveller e-petition to the Scottish Parliament
Replies: 0
Views: 476

Gypsy/Traveller e-petition to the Scottish Parliament

AXE THE ACT Using Scottish Government guidance, local authorities and police forces are using section 3 of the ancient Trespass (Scotland) Act 1865 to move on Gypsy/Travellers from transient/temporary/halt sites. Section 3 empowers police officers to arrest, detain and present before a magistrate Gy...
by Lynne
Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:18 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Printer in Action room
Replies: 4
Views: 1503

Re: Printer in Action room

It's fixed!

(apparently, I can't print from the office anymore, so I haven't actually tried it yet...)

Let me know if you have any problems.
by Lynne
Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:56 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Giant Marble Run
Replies: 45
Views: 9192

Re: Giant Marble Run

Wow!!!
by Lynne
Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:38 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Printer in Action room
Replies: 4
Views: 1503

Re: Printer in Action room

Okay, the engineer is coming to fix the printer on Monday (22nd) at 10.00am.

Yeh!
by Lynne
Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:03 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: web meet-o-rama?
Replies: 46
Views: 11646

Re: web meet-o-rama?

I don't wanna, I'm scared! I should have said where I was coming from, i.e., I'm trying to see things from outside both sides' arguments. To me, each side seems to be arguing from a totally different perspective and that is resulting in a stalemate. (But I think Sean already said that, and Jane alre...
by Lynne
Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:42 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: web meet-o-rama?
Replies: 46
Views: 11646

Re: web meet-o-rama?

Oh fuck, forget it!!!

This is why I didn't want to get involved :wink:

On you's go guys, I won't be saying another thing!
by Lynne
Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:00 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: web meet-o-rama?
Replies: 46
Views: 11646

Re: web meet-o-rama?

I've reeeeeally been trying to stay out of this as I didn't want to get involved, and I don't feel that I'm informed enough to contribute. BUT...in my humble opinion, I agree with what Sean and Ryan say and I like what Nix just suggested for the tumblr site (as well as Chris and Gareth's suggestions...
by Lynne
Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:25 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Borrowing a PA on Friday
Replies: 1
Views: 981

Re: Borrowing a PA on Friday

Can you PM Nix and Cornelia Mike?

Ta! x
by Lynne
Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:19 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Printer in Action room
Replies: 4
Views: 1503

Re: Printer in Action room

Have phoned Danwood again...am waiting for them to get back to me to say whether they've got the part yet...
by Lynne
Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:30 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: events listing posters
Replies: 13
Views: 2238

Re: events listing posters

Yeh, and thanks for the info Jane! I will point Catalina in this direction...xx

Or maybe you would like to work with her? That would be awesome!
by Lynne
Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:29 am
Forum: Events
Topic: events listing posters
Replies: 13
Views: 2238

Re: events listing posters

Guys, can you remember to keep Catalina in the loop with this please?!

She is the Events & Promotions person now and can be contacted on the bb as 'Catalina'.

Thank you xx
by Lynne
Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:02 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: black out curtains for the hall!
Replies: 17
Views: 3283

Re: black out curtains for the hall!

Great idea Dan! I will direct Cornelia to this link...
by Lynne
Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:21 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: our website, so big and scrolly
Replies: 100
Views: 18657

Re: our website, so big and scrolly

Just as a total side issue - It would be great if the Hall hire information was easy to see/get to as well!
by Lynne
Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:03 am
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Printer in Action room
Replies: 4
Views: 1503

Printer in Action room

Just to let everyone know, the Danwood engineer came yesterday.

He said that we need a new motor for our machine and that it will take 3 - 4 days to come, then it will need to be installed.

So I don't think we can expect the printer to be up and running until at least Monday...

:(
by Lynne
Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:40 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: our website, so big and scrolly
Replies: 100
Views: 18657

Re: our website, so big and scrolly

Chris, I like your blurb about the Forest, but - aaargh!!! - I don't think we should advertise ourselves as chaotic! (Even if we are).
by Lynne
Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:49 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Behind the Scenes - thursday 25th February
Replies: 5
Views: 2754

Re: Behind the Scenes - thursday 25th February

B.t.w., we didn't mean that any of the things we've dropped from BTS cannot be discussed there anymore!

Of course everything can always be discussed by everyone :wink:

Anyone who is interested can come to the office and look at the new contract for the paid staff.

Ta!
by Lynne
Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:52 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Behind the Scenes - thursday 25th February
Replies: 5
Views: 2754

Behind the Scenes - thursday 25th February

Behind the scenes - Thursday 26th February Present - Neil, Emma, Lynne 1. Staff Contract 2. Re-organisation of projects that BTS covers 1. Emma created a new staff contract and brought it in for the group to look at. Those present decided the contract was suitable for the Forest staff's needs and d...
by Lynne
Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:05 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Next Behind the Scenes meeting....
Replies: 17
Views: 1790

Re: Next Behind the Scenes meeting....

Is it not usually Thursday?
by Lynne
Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:16 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Thanks from the Vibrations Crew
Replies: 3
Views: 665

Thanks from the Vibrations Crew

Just a quickie to say a gigantic, huge and indeed totally obese THANK YOU to everyone who came and shook their tailfeathers on New Years Eve and made it such a great party! Extra thanks of course to everyone that played or helped out in any way - you know who you are. There are too many stand out mo...
by Lynne
Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:28 pm
Forum: Volunteering
Topic: Heriot-Watt Volunteer Fayre
Replies: 1
Views: 1806

Heriot-Watt Volunteer Fayre

Any takers for this? I've posted this info on the EVS forum as well. --------------------------------- Happy New Year! I am writing to invite The Forest to host a table at the Heriot-Watt Volunteer Fayre taking place at the Student Union, Riccarton Campus on Thursday 21st January from 10:00-15:00pm....
by Lynne
Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:40 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: The 2010 Middle East Festival Retreat/Workshop Events
Replies: 0
Views: 810

The 2010 Middle East Festival Retreat/Workshop Events

The 2010 Middle East Festival Retreat/Workshop Events 1. Event: Day Workshop: The History and Themes of Egyptian Cinema. Facilitator: Dr Walter Armbrust, Albert Hourani Fellow, St. Antony's College; University Lecturer, University of Oxford. Venue: Sanctuary, Augustine United Church, 41 George IV Br...
by Lynne
Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:49 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Front of House rejoining Visual Arts?
Replies: 10
Views: 2546

Re: Front of House rejoining Visual Arts?

simone wrote:as far as i can remember it was not meant to have a seperate meeting but to get people together to discuss foh informally. a few of us met tove earlier in the year to discuss the cafe and tables etc and help get the group of the ground.


Thanks for that Simone! Good advice :wink:
by Lynne
Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:47 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Front of House rejoining Visual Arts?
Replies: 10
Views: 2546

Re: Front of House rejoining Visual Arts?

Thanks for your thoughts folks!

So, am I right in thinking the consensus is that it would be better if FoH joined Cafe & Events?

That sounds fair enough to me.

:)
by Lynne
Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:06 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Front of House rejoining Visual Arts?
Replies: 10
Views: 2546

Front of House rejoining Visual Arts?

Hi folks I would like to propose that the Front of House Working Group re-joins the Visual Arts Working Group. The Front of House Working Group has never gotten off the ground. Kata who is bottom-liner has only had ONE meeting where other people have attended (Ryan and Tove!). I think it would be be...
by Lynne
Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:44 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Behind the Scenes meeting December?
Replies: 13
Views: 1341

Re: Behind the Scenes meeting December?

Well, I'm cool with waiting a wee bit longer to see who else wants to come.

I'm pretty sure David would be up for it too?
by Lynne
Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:43 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: UK noise regulation and sound safety
Replies: 2
Views: 1947

Re: UK noise regulation and sound safety

Hi there!

Are you a new member of the Sound Team?

Go to advanced search