Search found 65 matches

by Emma
Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:09 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Next Behind the Scenes meeting....
Replies: 17
Views: 1692

Re: Next Behind the Scenes meeting....

I will come along then. Earlier start suits me too.
by Emma
Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:18 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Next Behind the Scenes meeting....
Replies: 17
Views: 1692

Re: Next Behind the Scenes meeting....

Hey BTS bods, Long time no speak sorry! I've finally carried out an action I had from AGES ago to do a contract for staff. I promised I would do it after I left. Where should I post it? Should I bring it along to this meeting for people to review or is that just gonna be a techy meeting now... What ...
by Emma
Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:45 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Piano Donation - What say you sound and musicians?
Replies: 8
Views: 2429

Piano Donation - What say you sound and musicians?

This came into info today... Shall I say yes? It sounds wonderful! Hello Forest, I love coming to the Forest for live music and poetry. When I first arrived in Edinburgh I needed a piano to practice on but could not find one. Your rehearsal room in the basement did not have one. I am moving from Edi...
by Emma
Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:39 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: Enlighted Ideas - Bowery Friday 7.30pm
Replies: 0
Views: 743

Enlighted Ideas - Bowery Friday 7.30pm

This came into the info address today. Dear all, EID and Enlightened Ideas would like to invite you for a drink a chat at the Bowery this Friday from 7.30pm. Enlightened Ideas helps you keep track of what's going on and find weblinks about what people are doing, but by far the best way to find out m...
by Emma
Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:33 am
Forum: Workshops
Topic: drama drama drama
Replies: 4
Views: 2006

Re: drama drama drama

Does anyone know whats happening with drama drama drama? Or contact details for Robin?

I've had a few enquiries to the info address.

Ta!
by Emma
Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:38 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Peter Brook Empty Space Award
Replies: 0
Views: 397

Peter Brook Empty Space Award

Forest Fringe nominated again for 2009! :D
by Emma
Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:14 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Spare heater for Forest office
Replies: 4
Views: 1425

Re: Spare heater for Forest office

Thanks that would be really really great!

The one in workshop is being used to dry it out and it's from Alex's massage corner.
by Emma
Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:30 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Save Swimming Pools Petition
Replies: 0
Views: 234

Save Swimming Pools Petition

Received to info@forest addres... (apologies for mass email) sign our petition Jimmy Kerr Johnstone and Elderslie Save our Swimming Pools 27 Newton Street Paisley Hello, Some of you may be aware that Renfrewshire Council have recently annouced plans to close Johnstone and Elderslie swimming pools as...
by Emma
Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:26 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Spare heater for Forest office
Replies: 4
Views: 1425

Spare heater for Forest office

Does anyone know of a spare heater we could have? Our old one went missing.

The office is getting colder again and am already getting woolly jumpers on. Can anyone help before the proper winter comes?

Ta!
by Emma
Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:16 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Picture frames delivered to The Forest
Replies: 1
Views: 537

Re: Picture frames delivered to The Forest

Nix has claimed them.
by Emma
Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:52 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Art Festival programmes
Replies: 5
Views: 1630

Re: Art Festival programmes

Cool ta. Would do myself but my back is sore!

I would agree with that too. No idea where they came from.
by Emma
Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:22 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Art Festival programmes
Replies: 5
Views: 1630

Re: Art Festival programmes

We are not recycling at the moment... Can you guys take them away for me?

Ta x
by Emma
Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:49 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Art Festival programmes
Replies: 5
Views: 1630

Art Festival programmes

Am catching the Forest clear out bug!

Did any of you leave these in the office? There are 3 boxes of these. What is to happen with them?

Thanks x
by Emma
Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:47 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Picture frames delivered to The Forest
Replies: 1
Views: 537

Picture frames delivered to The Forest

Was anyone expecting some picture frames? These were dropped off yesterday and are in the office. Noone knows who they belong to though. I will put in free shop if not claimed by Friday.

Thanks.
by Emma
Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:38 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Thurs 17th Sept, Behind The Scenes meet
Replies: 5
Views: 578

Re: Thurs 17th Sept, Behind The Scenes meet

I'll be there for the admins. Can we stick newsletters on the agenda please. Do we know have anyone that can help to produce a nice update on The Forest. We spoke about this ages ago and I asked for help back then cos I really don't have time as part of the admin job. Am thinking like a sort of quar...
by Emma
Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:28 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: heeyyy I'm going Drinky Tuesday 15th
Replies: 2
Views: 391

Re: heeyyy I'm going Drinky Tuesday 15th

Don't leave us! See ya tues for our last shift together x
by Emma
Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:55 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: New FoH meeting on the 14th of September COME COME COME
Replies: 13
Views: 3562

Re: New FoH meeting on the 14th of September COME COME COME

Kata - all sounds amazing and exciting! Just to say on the budget point... we are going to chat about budgets at next FWG for each working group so if you have a good idea on what you need this can help inform the decisions for the next while. No budgets are guaranteed but you can tell us what you t...
by Emma
Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:42 am
Forum: Events
Topic: next FREESHOP Wed 16th 12-4pm, in cafe
Replies: 16
Views: 2556

Re: next FREESHOP Wed 16th 12-4pm, in cafe

Yes I would be up for being on the rota once a month if we think its good to have on a regular day. Maybe we could have a big free shop as Hannah suggests and everyone who is interested could come along help with that. Agree a list of jobs, make a rota, sort out the cupboard and anything else that n...
by Emma
Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:22 am
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Volunteer Meeting - Sunday 6th September 2009
Replies: 3
Views: 1324

Re: Volunteer Meeting - Sunday 6th September 2009

I checked into the A4E stuff a bit more. I have spoken with a guy at A4E that I know. I just asked him questions around how they work and what the links are with benefits etc. I asked him to hold back on the company line and give me the facts. A4E is a private training company that won a tender with...
by Emma
Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:28 am
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Chaning this subforum to "WG Organisation and Minutes"?
Replies: 2
Views: 1238

Re: Chaning this subforum to "WG Organisation and Minutes"?

Sounds good to me or could we have a subforum in each working group for agendas and minutes etc or was there a reason we wanted one big one for all?
by Emma
Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:26 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: Artists Facillities meeting wed 9th sep
Replies: 12
Views: 2148

Re: Artists Facillities meeting wed 9th sep

I thought Dan (can't remember his surname) was looking after the darkroom? He came in just before the Fringe to help deal with flooding and stuff on floor. He also trained someone to use it around 5 weeks ago. I have a vague memory that he was maybe away for a bit. Might be worth dropping him a mail...
by Emma
Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:29 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Who is Boreysza?
Replies: 2
Views: 1230

Re: Who is Boreysza?

Ta Jane! It expires in 3 weeks so bags of time.
by Emma
Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:27 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Action Room - EUS Files
Replies: 3
Views: 1094

Action Room - EUS Files

Good news! I just heard that EUS are coming to clear out their archives in the next few weeks. Yay!
by Emma
Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:02 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Who is Boreysza?
Replies: 2
Views: 1230

Who is Boreysza?

We have received a card from Royal Mail for a Boreysza c/o Forest.

If this is for you please come and see Lynne or myself in the office. You have something to pick up at Russell Road Delivery Office.
by Emma
Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:03 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: BTS meet on Thursday?
Replies: 3
Views: 481

Re: BTS meet on Thursday?

After the festival would be better for me. Also we were going to have a September AGM combined with BTS. Are people still up for this? I will check when our "committee" are free...
by Emma
Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:07 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Your Forest Needs You!
Replies: 1
Views: 393

Your Forest Needs You!

Its Fringe time and we are mega busy but don't seem to have so many vollies around at the moment. If you have a spare few hours please come and sign up for some shifts in the cafe. We really need everyone that loves The Forest to come help share the load. If you can make it tonight that would be esp...
by Emma
Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:52 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Behind the Scenes, 23rd July 2009
Replies: 1
Views: 1034

Re: Behind the Scenes, 23rd July 2009

I love the box office idea! Beltane was great for boosting shop presence/sales and we did get a fair bit of commission too. Every penny helps at the moment. Hannah/Anna - I'm sure that you have this well in hand but can we have a chat through your plans for keeping track of commission and sales? Thi...
by Emma
Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:20 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: computer network issues - café to action room
Replies: 25
Views: 7309

Re: computer network issues - café to action room

This is so wonderful to have everything back up and running.

Thanks!
by Emma
Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:39 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: computer network issues - café to action room
Replies: 25
Views: 7309

Re: computer network issues - café to action room

Any news with this? Ta!
by Emma
Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:35 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: Volunteer Party Saturday 25th July
Replies: 20
Views: 2398

Re: Volunteer Party Saturday 25th July

Is anyone with a car free Friday to help buy booze from Cash and Carry? Lynne's other offer fell through.

Ta!
by Emma
Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:32 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Behind the Scenes meeting, July 18th
Replies: 13
Views: 2704

Re: Behind the Scenes meeting, July 18th

Sorry can't make the 23rd either. Have a good one.

Anna - can you mention it to Hannah please? I will too if see her first. Know she wanted to attend her first BTS meeting. Thanks!
by Emma
Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:29 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Behind the Scenes meeting, July 18th
Replies: 13
Views: 2704

Re: Behind the Scenes meeting, July 18th

Sorry neither Lynne or I can make the Saturday evening meeting.

I think my only action from last time was the charity general meeting. I'm picking this up in September time post Fringe.

Otherwise nothing new to update on. Enjoy!
by Emma
Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:05 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Behind the Scenes meeting, July 18th
Replies: 13
Views: 2704

Re: Behind the Scenes meeting, July 18th

I am not sure I can make this Saturday. What time will it be happening?
by Emma
Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:46 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: What an amazing job it's been done!!
Replies: 5
Views: 1130

Re: What an amazing job it's been done!!

Its soooo bright and beautiful! Everyone should be very proud. x
by Emma
Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:39 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: computer network issues - café to action room
Replies: 25
Views: 7309

Re: computer network issues - café to action room

Also tell me exactly how - am a techie dumb kopf.
by Emma
Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:38 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: computer network issues - café to action room
Replies: 25
Views: 7309

Re: computer network issues - café to action room

Hello,

Any joy with this? If someone tells me things to test etc to figure out what's bust (cable, router etc) I can do this tomorrow when am in next. We really need the printer up and running.

Ta!
by Emma
Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:56 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: pre festival short break
Replies: 7
Views: 1719

Re: pre festival short break

Sounds great! Am not here for next few weeks though so if you go when am away have lots of fun!

x
by Emma
Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:37 pm
Forum: Volunteering
Topic: ● Forest Vounteer Guide
Replies: 35
Views: 12603

Re: ● Forest Vounteer Guide

I'll speak to Hannah (new EVS) about this when she arrives. She is doing the vollie coordinator role and can review this when she arrives as part of her project.
by Emma
Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:31 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Sound Team Tasks
Replies: 8
Views: 2445

Re: Sound Team Tasks

The new projector has arrived. Who is fitting this?

Its in the office cupboard. Can someone please test that it works too?

Thanks.
by Emma
Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:46 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Behind the Scenes - 17 June 2009
Replies: 2
Views: 1490

Behind the Scenes - 17 June 2009

Neil, Milk, Gavin, Anna, Lynne, Gareth, Mike, Emma (Tove, Kata, Stephen P and Stephen M - joined for free shop discussion) Alex came later We started with lots of great chat about how to do minutes and use computers etc. Shop Discussed storage for the shop. Anna needs more space for stock as has lot...
by Emma
Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:58 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Behind the Scenes meeting on Thursday
Replies: 10
Views: 903

Re: Behind the Scenes meeting on Thursday

Me too.

Please add charity admin to the agenda.

Thanks.
by Emma
Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:28 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: New Faces in The Forest
Replies: 0
Views: 287

New Faces in The Forest

We have 2 new EVS vollies this month. Elodie from France (arrived last week): She will mainly be working with the technical team and the Forest Fringe as part of her personal projects. Nix and Pockets are mentoring. Kata from Hungary (arrives tomorrow - Friday): She will be working alongside Tove on...
by Emma
Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:48 am
Forum: Kitchen
Topic: Kitchen Managers Wanted
Replies: 2
Views: 1585

Re: Kitchen Managers Wanted

You probably know this already now - its Natt :(
by Emma
Mon May 25, 2009 2:30 pm
Forum: Kitchen
Topic: Kitchen Managers Wanted
Replies: 2
Views: 1585

Kitchen Managers Wanted

This advert is currently out there and our KMs will be interviewing for this in the next few weeks. If you or any or your friends may wish to apply please send CVs to emma@theforest.org.uk. Kitchen Manager Wanted! Hours - 2 to 3 shifts per week, 10am to 7pm, £6.50 per hour. Come and help make The Fo...
by Emma
Tue May 05, 2009 2:23 pm
Forum: Make/Sell
Topic: shall we have a meeting?
Replies: 6
Views: 2373

Re: shall we have a meeting?

Ida - have you discussed this with Anna? Would say its important she is there for this meeting.
by Emma
Mon May 04, 2009 11:06 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: Garden - our neighbours are miffed :(
Replies: 0
Views: 979

Garden - our neighbours are miffed :(

I had a chat with one of our neighbours the other day. He said he was representing a few of them and wanted to complain about the noise levels and vandalism by Forest people that were in the garden on Friday night. He said that the old picnic bench had been trashed and it had been there for years. I...
by Emma
Sat May 02, 2009 11:32 am
Forum: Events
Topic: FREE SHOP! A WONDERUL BIG FANCY FREESHOP 3rd of april!
Replies: 5
Views: 1197

Re: FREE SHOP! A WONDERUL BIG FANCY FREESHOP 3rd of april!

Dear Allandra and Tove,

Please don't put anything outside! The environ(mental) wardens gave us 2 warnings already if we get a third it could mean a fine.

P.S. I take it you mean May?

x
by Emma
Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:33 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Do you have something special to give?
Replies: 29
Views: 4454

Re: Do you have something special to give?

PMs gone now to Amelia, Gandhi and Jane with names. Sorry for delay got sidetracked yesterday...

x
by Emma
Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:18 pm
Forum: Make/Sell
Topic: wicker chairs
Replies: 10
Views: 3173

Re: wicker chairs

Susana, The Health and Safety police just like the Chair police are nightmares. They told us to take down the hanging ballet slippers in the stairwell because they might kick someone or something so I imagine chairs would be a no. Lynne is away till Wednesday but she is the one with to say for sure ...

Go to advanced search