Search found 46 matches

by Julie
Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:04 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: Fire Safety Training Party!
Replies: 12
Views: 2676

Re: Fire Safety Training Party!

I'm up for danger the 17th! Waaaarrrgggghh!
by Julie
Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:23 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: THANK YOU TO FOREST CAFE from She'koyokh
Replies: 1
Views: 453

Re: THANK YOU TO FOREST CAFE from She'koyokh

thanks chris and meg! :)
by Julie
Tue May 25, 2010 7:30 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: meadows fest
Replies: 33
Views: 5483

Re: meadows fest

Hey all - I just started a new thread: "Meadows fest - can you help out?"
Please read it :o)
by Julie
Tue May 25, 2010 7:28 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: Meadows fest - can you help out?
Replies: 2
Views: 987

Re: Meadows fest - can you help out?

There will be a van - don't worry!

Declan and Fernando are up for helping on saturday.
by Julie
Tue May 25, 2010 7:27 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: Meadows fest - can you help out?
Replies: 2
Views: 987

Meadows fest - can you help out?

Hey all! We need people with muscle power to help carry PA / set up stage / take it all down again / etc. for the Meadows Festival! Are you up for helping? Saturday morning or sunday afternoon. Saturday 5th June 9am-11am: we need musclepower! Bring your friends and help out! Meet at The Forest. 11am...
by Julie
Mon May 17, 2010 11:48 am
Forum: Events
Topic: meadows fest
Replies: 33
Views: 5483

Re: meadows fest

I don't mind stage managing - i'm sure Catalina can help too!
I'll talk to Nix today...

-Julie
by Julie
Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:55 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: Artist Facilities Working Group Meeting - come!
Replies: 1
Views: 795

Artist Facilities Working Group Meeting - come!

Artist Facilities Working Group Meeting Wednesday 7th April, 7-9pm in the Action Room Artist Facilities Working Group meets to welcome newcomers and to maintain and improve: The Forest Music Rehearsal Studio (The Cave) photographic Darkroom Screenprinting Room the Tools Workshop Artists’ Studios (in...
by Julie
Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:30 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Sound Team Action Day!
Replies: 3
Views: 1316

Re: Sound Team Action Day!

Yes, well done all !! Everyone else - come along to the next sound action day - it will be soon, and we'll do more amazing stuff! I have a few things to add to the list.. We fixed: *The speakers in the cafe are now tested, fitted and working! Wall is painted and holes from previous speakers are fill...
by Julie
Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:50 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Artist facilities working group meeting 3 feb 2010 minutes
Replies: 2
Views: 2227

Re: Artist facilities working group meeting 3 feb 2010 minutes

Darkroom Project Outline: Project Aims: To maintain and improve the Forest Darkroom and Equipment, Providing opportunities for people to develop skills and gain experience with Photographic Printing, Film Developing and related arts. Responsibilities of the Bottom Liner: - to ensure that the Forest...
by Julie
Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:24 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Artist facilities working group meeting 3 feb 2010 minutes
Replies: 2
Views: 2227

Re: Artist facilities working group meeting 3 feb 2010 minutes

Nix, can you post the "project descriptions" we discussed in the meeting? Or give them to me and I'll do it.
by Julie
Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:23 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Artist facilities working group meeting 3 feb 2010 minutes
Replies: 2
Views: 2227

Artist facilities working group meeting 3 feb 2010 minutes

Artist facilities working group meeting 3 feb 2010 minutes Julie (minutes), Jude, Nix (facilitator), Shirley, Lucilla, Rachel, Sam, Grant, Gandolf, Stephen, Simon P: Proposal AP: Action Point Agenda: Updates (including project descriptions) Bunker-project Hall project Pianos Darkroom update (Lucill...
by Julie
Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:01 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: GUIDE - read this before any other posts called "Guide..."
Replies: 0
Views: 780

GUIDE - read this before any other posts called "Guide..."

Hi all! I would like to have some sort of official guide to the Forest sound equipment. Why? It can be used when we train new sound engineers: They should know how to use the equipment safely. Not damaging anything or hurting themselves. It is also good for sharing skills. Help me make the guide, co...
by Julie
Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:53 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Guide p3
Replies: 1
Views: 774

Re: Guide p3

I would like someone to add more to this page as I don't really know much about the main controls.

Thx!
by Julie
Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:51 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Guide p7
Replies: 0
Views: 646

Guide p7

(Download the attached file to see images) Hearing: Something that is often forgotten in the world of music is the anatomy of humans. Many people suffer from hearing impairments and many people don’t know that they are risking their ears. So in a place like The Forest, it is important to understand ...
by Julie
Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:48 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Guide p6
Replies: 0
Views: 691

Guide p6

Microphones: Dynamic vs. Condenser: The most common kind of mics are the condenser and the dynamic microphones. These are two different architectures in construction. To be brief about the difference, dynamic microphones have the same construction as most loudspeakers you find, only that it’s in re...
by Julie
Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:45 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Guide p5
Replies: 0
Views: 707

Guide p5

(Download the attached file to see images) Sound and acoustics Keep in mind that sound is waves of air. Sound has a couple of common parameters you have to know. Amplitude : Measured in dB (deci Bell), this is the volume of the sound or how high the sound waves are. dB is a logarithmic scale which m...
by Julie
Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:41 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Guide p4
Replies: 0
Views: 739

Guide p4

Example – getting it to work: Now you know the basic controls of the mixer in theory. The best way to learn it is learning by doing, but since this is only an instruction the next best thing is to have an example so that you get the sense of when to do what. In this example it’s only one person sin...
by Julie
Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:40 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Guide p3
Replies: 1
Views: 774

Guide p3

(Download the attached file to see images) Main controls: These are the controls on the right hand side of the mixer. There are some basic controls that you need to know here, these are: • The main faders – Furthest to the right (lower corner). They control the volume of the whole mixer! (red) • The...
by Julie
Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:35 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Guide p2
Replies: 0
Views: 678

Guide p2

(Download the attached file to see the pictures) Basics: The mixer is used to mix different sounds together. For instance: It is used mostly to mix three microphones in to two speakers in the café. To understand it, you must know the basic layout of it. Our mixer has 12 channels, which means that we...
by Julie
Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:31 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Guide p1
Replies: 1
Views: 939

Guide p1

Beginning a gig BEFORE THE GIG: Allow half an hour for set-up and sound check. Turn on circuit breaker labeled “AMPS/PA” on the stage. Whenever you turn the mixer, compressor and equalizer ON or OFF make sure that all channels, effects, FBs and masters on the mixer are muted and down, and that lead...
by Julie
Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:26 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Where is the sound equipment that belongs to the hall?
Replies: 1
Views: 884

Re: Where is the sound equipment that belongs to the hall?

Found it.. it is still in the hall, just no longer on it's right place...
by Julie
Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:23 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Artist Facilities Meeting 13/1 2010
Replies: 0
Views: 1699

Artist Facilities Meeting 13/1 2010

Artist Facilities Meeting 13/1 2010 Nix, Gandolf, Julie, Will, Melonie, Grant, Hamish, Stephen KM, Sam P: Proposal AP: Action point Agenda : Updates: Heater Budget Cave Tools and workshop update Balconies Screenprinting Café-equipment Sound Team Hall Heater: is broken. David is working on getting a...
by Julie
Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:33 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Where is the sound equipment that belongs to the hall?
Replies: 1
Views: 884

Where is the sound equipment that belongs to the hall?

Mixer, mics, leads, amps everything is gone!
Anybody knows where it is?
Last event in the hall was the hogmanay party.

-Julie
by Julie
Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:46 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Artist Facilities WG meeting, postpones to wed 13th Jan 7pm
Replies: 0
Views: 694

Artist Facilities WG meeting, postpones to wed 13th Jan 7pm

• WHEN: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 7:00pm • WHERE: In the Action Room • WHAT: The Cave (Music Studio), Darkroom & Photography, Forest Publishing, Forest Records, Library, Computers, Equipment, Technology & Broken Things, Screen Printing, managing the six artist studios (located on the Balco...
by Julie
Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:43 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Artist Facilities Working Group Meeting wed 6th Jan 7pm
Replies: 0
Views: 815

Artist Facilities Working Group Meeting wed 6th Jan 7pm

• WHEN: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 7:00pm • WHERE: In the Action Room • WHAT: The Cave (Music Studio), Darkroom & Photography, Forest Publishing, Forest Records, Library, Computers, Equipment, Technology & Broken Things, Screen Printing, managing the six artist studios (located on the Balco...
by Julie
Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:40 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: Weekly Programme @ The Forest 4-10/1 2010
Replies: 0
Views: 647

Weekly Programme @ The Forest 4-10/1 2010

Monday 4th January 5-6.30pm - Book reading By Spanish poet 7-8.30pm - Will Gresson Soundscapes made on pedals and pc Check him out at myspace.com/willgresson 9-11pm - Film Night Wednesday 6th January 7pm - 8pm - Gramophone Hour Music from ’78 from 7-8 9-11pm - Blue Wednesday The Bluesfather present...
by Julie
Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:25 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Café Equipment List
Replies: 2
Views: 1121

Café Equipment List

Café Equipment List 8 x XLR-XLR 2 x XLR-TRS 4 x 1/4”-1/4” 2 x phono-1/4" adaptor 2 x phono-phono 1 x minijack-phono 2 x DI 3 x Dynamic mics 3 x micstands with clips 1 x drum kit + chair 2 x guitar amps (Crate 15 Watt and ???) 1 x bass amp (Behringer 60 watt) This is the equipment that must be ...
by Julie
Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:42 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: We need ... for The Cave
Replies: 2
Views: 1557

We need ... for The Cave

Hi all!

This is what we need to get The Cave going:

1 Speaker stand
3 Kettle plugs
1 Speaker cable
Cymbals
Snare skin
Mic stands
Mics
PA speaker needs fixed
Vent needs put in


We have some of the stuff lying about in The Forest, Nix will take a look at this on saturday.
by Julie
Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:19 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: other cool foresty organisations
Replies: 84
Views: 69831

Re: other cool foresty organisations

Name: Dødsmaskinen
Where: Denmark, Copenhagen
See: http://www.dortheavej-61.dk/english-info.aspx
What: Aoutonomus youth Centre in Copenhagen
by Julie
Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:01 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: other cool foresty organisations
Replies: 84
Views: 69831

Re: other cool foresty organisations

Who: Christiania Where: Copenhagen, Denmark What: An independent part of DK's capital Copenhagen, From Wikipedia: Christiania, also known as Freetown Christiania (Danish: Fristaden Christiania) is a self-proclaimed autonomous neighbourhood of about 850 residents, covering 34 hectares (85 acres) in t...
by Julie
Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:56 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: other cool foresty organisations
Replies: 84
Views: 69831

Re: other cool foresty organisations

Who: Gimle

Where: Roskilde, Denmark

What: Volunteer run culture and arts space. café, big venue, small (!) art gallery, night club.

See: http://gimle.dk/
by Julie
Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:17 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Fix and Repair Workshop 13th december
Replies: 3
Views: 1338

Fix and Repair Workshop 13th december

Hi Forest Sound Team!

You are invited to a Fix and Repair Workshop Sunday 13th December 2pm in the Forest's Hall.
If you have any tools for fixing sound equipment, please bring along!

Come come!

-Julie EVS
by Julie
Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:05 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Volly WG - 6th Dec
Replies: 2
Views: 2395

Volly WG - 6th Dec

Present: Milk, Julie, Neus, Hannah, Jonny-chan, Donald Agenda points: * Previous Volly meet Action Points * Barring people * Forest Volunteer Guide * Volly Party!! Xmas? NYE? * Volunteer mailing list * Previous Volly meet Action Points We went through previous APs, only outstanding issue is regardin...
by Julie
Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:18 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Cafe and events meeting 3rd december 2009
Replies: 28
Views: 12119

Cafe and events meeting 3rd december 2009

Cafe and events meeting 3rd december 2009 Present is: Julie, Hannah KM, Stephen NM, Milk, Maxime, Hannah EVS P: Proposal AP: Action Point Agenda New menu? Till When are we closed for Christmas? Co op with language school? Photos of barred people in vollie toilet Julie - changed her project. Photo o...
by Julie
Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:05 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Artist Facilities Meeting 2/12 2009 minutes
Replies: 4
Views: 2677

Artist Facilities Meeting 2/12 2009 minutes

Artist Facilities Meeting 2/12 2009 Present: Julie, Dylan, Frank, Hamish, Sam, Lucia, Jimmie, Grant, Stephen KM, Nix, Sascha AP= Action point AGENDA: TechTeam: welcoming Julie as Bottomliner and finding out how best to help her help us have a coherent team. Cave: Action Plan! and Who is the new Cav...
by Julie
Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:31 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: The forest needs soundengineers
Replies: 0
Views: 833

The forest needs soundengineers

Are you one, or do you know one? Then read this, and tell your friends! We offer you: - A great space to develop your skills in sound engineering - Experience with live music - As a volunteer at The Forest you get discounts on food and non-alcoholic drinks at our café - A free meal when you are doin...
by Julie
Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:27 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: 22nd november 2009 Cafe is closed!
Replies: 0
Views: 589

22nd november 2009 Cafe is closed!

we have a building day at the forest on the 22nd. There is a band who have booked a slot in the evnets book but they didn't leave any contact details... I need to canel their event.. Can anybody help me?

The bands name is Sahaj Dhara
it is cello, guitar and vocals...
by Julie
Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:24 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: cancelling the Queer Mutiny café event plz
Replies: 1
Views: 645

Re: cancelling the Queer Mutiny café event plz

I can't find it in the events book, so somebody probably cancelled it!
by Julie
Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:43 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Minutes from Café and Events meeting 4th November 2009
Replies: 4
Views: 2550

Re: Minutes from and Events meeting 4th November 2009

@mike

thanks! that would be brilliant.
by Julie
Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:40 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Minutes from Café and Events meeting 4th November 2009
Replies: 4
Views: 2550

Minutes from Café and Events meeting 4th November 2009

Minutes from and Events meeting 4th November 2009 Present: Julie, Ilaria, Hannah (KM), Steven (KM), Tove, Elodie, Kata The agenda: WHEN is the meeting? We need more NightManagers We need more vollies for the night shifts Health and safety Vegetable/bread Review: We need more sound engineers. The fun...
by Julie
Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:09 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Minutes from Volunteer Meeting 11 October 2009-10-11
Replies: 1
Views: 2528

Minutes from Volunteer Meeting 11 October 2009-10-11

Minutes from Volunteer Meeting 11 October 2009-10-11 Present at the meeting: Agnes, maria, Hannah, tove, katie, milk, natalie, serena, Ilaria AGENDA: • Hand signals: AP: Milk will print out a sheet with the hand signals and put it on the wall in the Action Room • A4E At the last meeting we had a com...
by Julie
Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:17 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Artists Facilities Meeting - Wednesday 7th october
Replies: 14
Views: 5516

Re: Artists Facilities Meeting - Wednesday 7th october

Elodie told me that you also spoke of the workshop I would like to arange the 1st november. It is about introducing KM, NM, admins and EVS to the mixer and the projector. Alex (sound engineer) said he might help out with the mixer part and there were some who was against this. I just want to explain...
by Julie
Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:53 am
Forum: Events
Topic: Weekly Programme 5-11 october 2009
Replies: 0
Views: 516

Weekly Programme 5-11 october 2009

Monday 5th October 8.30pm - 10pm - Beyond a visual showcase Six Spanish short documentaries are shown. All made by CinemaAttic, a cultural collective that is programming a Spanish audiovisual showcase. Tuesday 6th October 7pm - 8.30pm - Jen’s and Kim’s songs Acoustic songs Wednesday 7th October 7pm ...
by Julie
Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:17 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Action Working Group Meeting September 13th 2009
Replies: 1
Views: 1268

Action Working Group Meeting September 13th 2009

Action Working Group Meeting September 13th 2009 Present: Milk, Julie Ilaria -Action Room Problem: Messy and nasty. Needs cleaning and rearranging. Action point: Milk arranges a cleaning day 27th September 2pm - if you don’t move your stuff before this date it goes to the Freeshop. Milk will arrange...
by Julie
Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:39 pm
Forum: Make/Sell
Topic: Shop Info + Shop Meeting (16 July - 7pm)
Replies: 3
Views: 1804

Shop Info + Shop Meeting (16 July - 7pm)

Hej dear Shop volunteers I'm Hannah, the new EVS. My personal project is the shop, which needs some "evolution" in order to get more attractive and more popular. i would like to keep you updated with my ideas for the shop, our plans and of course i want to hear what you think! first, thank...
by Julie
Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:18 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: Volunteer Party Saturday 25th July
Replies: 20
Views: 2444

Volunteer Party Saturday 25th July

Hello lovely people! What : Thank you for help making The Forest much nicer! So let's finally have a volunteer party for every volunteer at The Forest! When : This will happen Saturday 18th july in the hall from 9pm to 3am Dresscode : Wear a hat! Be creative ;-) Bonus : You can meet the new EVS! Han...

Go to advanced search