Search found 177 matches

by graeme
Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:22 am
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: We could always ask Standard Life for another computer?
Replies: 14
Views: 3341

Re: We could always ask Standard Life for another computer?

Here's a thought. Big companies are all very keen on having a good Corporate Social Responsibility profile and there is a chance that other Edinburgh based companies may operate similar schemes to Standard Life. It might be worth approaching RBS and Scottish Widows to see if they donate computer equ...
by graeme
Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:23 am
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: We could always ask Standard Life for another computer?
Replies: 14
Views: 3341

We could always ask Standard Life for another computer?

Standard Life offer the following services to charities: Giving In Kind PCs, Equipment & Furniture We donate lots of computers to schools, charities and community organisations all over the UK. Would you like to apply for a pc, or need more information? Then please e-mail us. Company Facilities ...
by graeme
Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:13 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: Front room speakers
Replies: 2
Views: 1081

Front room speakers

The speakers in the front room are now connected to a separate amplifier in the a/v cupboard. At the moment they will play whatever is being played through the speakers in the cafe. If there is an event in the cafe we can turn down the speakers in the cafe and still have music in the front room, and...
by graeme
Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:14 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: computer fixing again
Replies: 8
Views: 3091

Re: computer fixing again

I forwarded the Standard Life pc donation contact details to admin@theforest.org.uk during the festive break.

G x
by graeme
Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:26 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Artists Facilities WG Meeting - 9th September - Minutes
Replies: 6
Views: 2292

Re: Artists Facilities WG Meeting - 9th September - Minutes

There isn't really a Forest bikes any more since we stopped lending out bikes.
A few of us still do bike maintenance and the workshop will be the best place to do this when it has been tidied.
I've helped tidy the workshop before (haven't we all?) and will be happy to do so again.

G x
by graeme
Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:51 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Action Room - EUS Files
Replies: 3
Views: 1115

Re: Action Room - EUS Files

If they need any help and it is a day I can help count me in.
by graeme
Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:49 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: CALL TO ACTION!
Replies: 2
Views: 1139

Re: CALL TO ACTION!

Apologies, I can't make the meeting.
by graeme
Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:06 am
Forum: Make/Sell
Topic: wicker chairs
Replies: 10
Views: 3254

Re: wicker chairs

Put them in the window of the front room, Pimms and crustless cucumber sandwiches anyone?
by graeme
Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:01 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: chairs
Replies: 11
Views: 1078

Re: chairs

They sound like the kind of chairs that are used in function suites.
We will have to have speeches and toasts when we get them.
by graeme
Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:09 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Name it!
Replies: 27
Views: 3699

Re: Name it!

For F*@~#?'s sake.
by graeme
Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:25 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Café and Events WG Meeting Wed 4th Feb 2009
Replies: 6
Views: 2376

Re: Café and Events WG Meeting Wed 4th Feb 2009

Thanks Lynne.
Now all we need in the downstairs toilets is hot water and decent lighting :D
by graeme
Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:10 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: hugs and hellos
Replies: 32
Views: 7717

Re: hugs and hellos

For a while this morning the sun was shining on me as I sat at my desk at work, it was warm and lovely.
by graeme
Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:48 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: sculpture above the stage in the cafe
Replies: 8
Views: 2936

Re: sculpture above the stage in the cafe

Red Room?
The danger being that some tosser would torch it!
by graeme
Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:47 am
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: Stand by for action
Replies: 15
Views: 4629

Re: Stand by for action

Excellent work guys.
by graeme
Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:17 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Café and Events WG Meeting Wed 4th Feb 2009
Replies: 6
Views: 2376

Re: Café and Events WG Meeting Wed 4th Feb 2009

I emailed Lynne about buying a hand dryer and it is a goer.
Can someone (KM, Lynne, Emma) please order one of these? http://www.hygienesuppliesdirect.com/pr ... prod110366
Thank you kindly, G x
by graeme
Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:14 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Action Group, Sunday 1st Feb
Replies: 3
Views: 1753

Re: Action Group, Sunday 1st Feb

And I can help with Forest bikes on Wednesdays and some weekends.
by graeme
Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:11 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Action Group, Sunday 1st Feb
Replies: 3
Views: 1753

Re: Action Group, Sunday 1st Feb

What voltage of portable CD player?
I have one that runs off 4 aa batteries if you want it.
by graeme
Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:08 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: Jukebox Issues
Replies: 44
Views: 13378

Re: Jukebox Issues

Good work on this, the jukebox is hugely important to the experience of being in the cafe.
Do you think there are any physical changes that can be made to the layout of the cupboard to make things tidier and easier to use?
by graeme
Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:55 am
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: Jukebox Issues
Replies: 44
Views: 13378

Re: Jukebox Issues

There was/is a drawer under the jukebox where people can put CDs to be ripped.
by graeme
Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:00 pm
Forum: Kitchen
Topic: First Aid Kit
Replies: 9
Views: 2475

Re: First Aid Kit

Check the expiry dates, anything in date will be ok. The out of date stuff can go in the free shop.
by graeme
Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:18 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: September stuff
Replies: 130
Views: 33131

Re: September stuff

Perhaps Biz`Art could sell her pictures, maybe she should speak to the shop folk.
by graeme
Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:55 am
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Minutes - Behind The Scenes - Thursday 16 Oct 2008
Replies: 35
Views: 6847

Re: Minutes - Behind The Scenes - Thursday 16 Oct 2008

I say 2 too.
by graeme
Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:19 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: iMac
Replies: 0
Views: 1293

iMac

I removed the old iMac from the a/v cupboard, it is now in the action room.
by graeme
Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:13 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: September stuff
Replies: 130
Views: 33131

Re: September stuff

There are/were various cables in the a/v cupboard in the cafe and in the area behind the decks.
by graeme
Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:48 am
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Action Group Meeting 14th August
Replies: 9
Views: 2930

Re: Action Group Meeting 14th August

I would like to be involved in bike discussion and help out with bikes when I can.

G x
by graeme
Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:33 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: art on the celling in the cafe
Replies: 19
Views: 5065

Re: art on the celling in the cafe

Cool, looking forward to seeing it :D
by graeme
Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:12 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: art on the celling in the cafe
Replies: 19
Views: 5065

Re: art on the celling in the cafe

I can do Tuesday night, what time?
by graeme
Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:54 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: art on the celling in the cafe
Replies: 19
Views: 5065

Re: art on the celling in the cafe

I can do Tuesday nights.
by graeme
Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:09 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Edinburgh Critical Mass - tonight
Replies: 0
Views: 423

Edinburgh Critical Mass - tonight

Meet between 5:30pm and 6pm between the galleries at the foot of the Mound.
http://www.edinburghguide.com/events/ed ... iticalmass
by graeme
Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:10 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Who wants to cycle 47miles on Sept 14th?
Replies: 23
Views: 3184

Re: Who wants to cycle 47miles on Sept 14th?

Count me in.
by graeme
Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:06 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: sarah foque - installation in cafe
Replies: 11
Views: 2255

As long as the tape would survive any Forest Fringe partying this sounds like a cool way to make our cafe floor less sucky.
by graeme
Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:29 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Adgenda for action working group meeting Sun 13/7
Replies: 1
Views: 1105

A thousand apologies, I can't make it tonight. Bikes: We have (very nearly) run out of bikes! Can we try and get some more, freecycle, police lost & found, council, etc. Would any EVS folk like to administer Forest Bikes? I'm about to go on holiday plus I'm going to be really busy at work for th...
by graeme
Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:17 am
Forum: Workshops
Topic: Basic Bike Maintenance - Saturday 14th June 2pm.
Replies: 6
Views: 2844

If you could facebook it that would be great. I've been facebook lite recently.
by graeme
Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:12 pm
Forum: Workshops
Topic: Basic Bike Maintenance - Saturday 14th June 2pm.
Replies: 6
Views: 2844

Basic Bike Maintenance - Saturday 14th June 2pm.

Workshop will cover things you can learn to do for yourself to make your bike safer and more enjoyable to ride.
Learn how to adjust brakes and change brake pads, adjust gears, set your saddle to the correct height etc.

Not sure where yet, we can find somewhere suitable on the day.
by graeme
Fri May 30, 2008 8:33 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: water
Replies: 2
Views: 1912

The pressure gauge was leaking so I have disconnected it and turned the water back on.
Do we need a gauge? If we do we will have to buy a new one.
I didn't replace the stanky cup because I couldn't find any duct tape :?
by graeme
Mon May 26, 2008 10:53 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Volly Cupboard
Replies: 6
Views: 1320

We had a procedure for this where once a week stuff that shouldn't be in the vollie cupboard is cleared out. I think Swith made a poster to that effect.
by graeme
Wed May 14, 2008 4:15 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: all of those little things that need to be done...
Replies: 12
Views: 3592

As an alternative to bowling we could have a skittles night at the Sheep Heid Inn.
http://www.sheepheid.co.uk/index_files/Page382.htm
by graeme
Fri May 09, 2008 11:18 am
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: action room computer loose cables
Replies: 6
Views: 2012

When dry the glue is like silicon sealant and can be peeled off.
I see there are sata cables with clamps which is another option.
by graeme
Thu May 08, 2008 6:48 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: action room computer loose cables
Replies: 6
Views: 2012

System builders use a blob of glue from a hot glue gun to hold cable connectors in place.
Do we have a hot glue gun?
by graeme
Sun May 04, 2008 10:53 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: action room computer problems
Replies: 8
Views: 2720

Some computer manufactures use a blob of hot glue to fix cables in place. Do we have a hot glue gun?
by graeme
Fri May 02, 2008 11:26 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: art in the cafe july
Replies: 9
Views: 1928

I'm into both these ideas.
by graeme
Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:53 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Cafe & Events working group – 2 april 2008
Replies: 13
Views: 4439

New Music

There is now a tray under the mac shelf for CDs containing music for the mac.
I put all the CDs that were in the cupboard in the tray for the Sunday music action point folk to sort through.
The videos and DVDs are in a tray in the storage room at the back of the old office.
by graeme
Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:00 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Behind The Scenes Working Group - Thursday 20th March 2008
Replies: 4
Views: 2300

The Joker we had at the EVS vollie welcome party wasn't very nice, it was flat and had sediment at the bottom.
May be worth checking that the Forest beer is still ok.
by graeme
Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:35 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: Happy Birthday Blue
Replies: 3
Views: 2484

A year older a year wiser, thou art wise in word and deed
Happy Birthday Blue.
x
by graeme
Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:33 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Photography group outings!
Replies: 6
Views: 2353

Do you seem odd?

by graeme
Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:50 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: POSTER SPOTS
Replies: 8
Views: 2536

yes good
by graeme
Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:32 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Forest Community Action WG meeting, Sunday 9th March 2008
Replies: 7
Views: 2754

Crossed wires on my part tonight. I was in the Action room at 7pm but thinking I was the only one there had left and gone home by the time the meeting started in the old office at 8pm.
by graeme
Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:28 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Action working group meeting - Sunday 9th March
Replies: 2
Views: 1590

Doh, looks like meeting was in the old office.
That'll teach me for being in the right room at the right time.

Go to advanced search