Search found 595 matches

by nix
Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:05 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Reforestation 27th of september @ medina
Replies: 19
Views: 5114

Re: Reforestation 27th of september @ medina

sorry I missed it...

Great Badges, Batman!
by nix
Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:52 pm
Forum: Sound team
Topic: Sound Action Update!
Replies: 42
Views: 15752

Re: Sound Action Update!

When do you need the transport?

Red Dog will fix it free of charge?

If they are gonna charge, maybe Owen can fit it .. or I can get my good pal Wak who is a professional and will charge a wee bit, but less than the weird guy "brian of Dunfermline" that RD use.
by nix
Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:38 pm
Forum: Sound team
Topic: Sound Action Update!
Replies: 42
Views: 15752

Re: Sound Action Update!

dylanross wrote:Is that the laney acoustic amp? I wasn't aware there was a problem with it?

just a reminder, the Wee Laney is not a Forest Item, it is on long term loan, therefore we have a responsibility to keep it in good repair.

Thanks Alasdair.

Go Sound Team!
by nix
Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:28 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: Preparations for Departure
Replies: 59
Views: 17279

Re: Preparations for Departure

FUCK YEAH!

well done indeed!
by nix
Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:16 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: Preparations for Departure
Replies: 59
Views: 17279

Re: Preparations for Departure

Keni wrote:Yes & yes Mirja. Where are they in the Hall?

just by the font ..


Oh!

the Forest Folding Bar... (also down the side of the font)

Ali Gower of The Chocolate Tree, has asked if he can borrow this for his wedding on 14th of August? if so, we can uplift it whenever is appropriate! thanks!

N.
by nix
Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:13 am
Forum: Sound team
Topic: Sound Action Update!
Replies: 42
Views: 15752

Re: Sound Action Update!

then never let anyone who is not trained use the pa again. Hahahahahahahahahahaha. Sorry, couldn't really respond any other way. So many times we've tried and nobody listens. I'm not just talking about external people, I've had to say to some Forest folk before (when they were doing their own sound...
by nix
Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:55 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: Preparations for Departure
Replies: 59
Views: 17279

Re: Preparations for Departure

nice poster
by nix
Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:20 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: foop meeting 6/7/11
Replies: 1
Views: 2236

Re: foop meeting 6/7/11

ali suggested a recipe zine for recipes that you can make out of the things that foop sells. simone will make a box for people to put their suggestions into. people can also send their suggestions via the e mail, this could be put on facebook as well.


nice!

I would like to help with this.
by nix
Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:04 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: PC in the Front Room Down
Replies: 6
Views: 3230

Re: PC in the Front Room Down

no, its not just on this thread.

I have lost my sense of hummus, generally.
by nix
Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:51 am
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: PC in the Front Room Down
Replies: 6
Views: 3230

Re: PC in the Front Room Down

Sorry, Margarida, I don't think that is the best course of action.

a working public PC is a very important service that Forest offers.

we should try and fix it or replace it.

yay.
N.
by nix
Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:48 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Large rice-cooker anyone?
Replies: 2
Views: 1266

Re: Large rice-cooker anyone?

forest got 2 more large cheap rice cookers for Eden Fest, making the total amount that it has, 3.

you could probably use one of those.

speak to the KMs.

N.
by nix
Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:29 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: This week I've been mostly listening to...
Replies: 216
Views: 162017

Re: This week I've been mostly listening to...

what's for dinner? No curry/chilli left at Forest? lets go to the Chip Shop ...
by nix
Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:28 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: CANDLES ASAP
Replies: 4
Views: 6218

Re: CANDLES ASAP

Looks like they're 1.89x100. But if I recall correctly, you can only buy 5 packs per time, so it's not incredibly convenient to go to there JUST for the candles. one can just go to the checkout a couple of times, well annoying, but possible. also can we get some jugs for water in the hall, quite im...
by nix
Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:00 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: claim...?
Replies: 6
Views: 3144

Re: claim...?

There are (where) 9 small ocular portable TV's that theoretically link together and are reserved for the kind of arty stuff you are talking about. please go ahead and if I can help in any way... the big massive one on the stairs need to be used well. I have more wires and useful things at home, let ...
by nix
Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:50 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: Website meet for anyone that is interested
Replies: 23
Views: 8422

Re: Website meet for anyone that is interested

oh, and I can clean the The Ultimate Mac in the actionroom tomorrow in the afternoon.
by nix
Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:45 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: Website meet for anyone that is interested
Replies: 23
Views: 8422

Re: Website meet for anyone that is interested

also for the fortnightly feature of weird art and writing nonsense- which if it has a big turnout, i'd like to make into a monthly or bi-monthly book- with a cd if there's anything to put on it. Could be sold for forest as well- numbered limited editions. I am hereby volunteering to help with the p...
by nix
Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:18 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: STOLEN BIKE
Replies: 2
Views: 1230

Re: STOLEN BIKE

so sorry to hear that.

will keep an eye oot!
by nix
Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:47 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: Website meet for anyone that is interested
Replies: 23
Views: 8422

Re: Website meet for anyone that is interested

Good work people! Harry and Brittonie to speak to Gordo and others about maintaining the forest's computers and internet connection, need a small team for this. fuck yes, we need to have working machines for the public and in the action room. please! Duncan to do something about our web person adver...
by nix
Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:10 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: On stage gear issue.
Replies: 10
Views: 4118

Re: On stage gear issue.

Quote: One thing we should really have two sets of working turntables in the building for august, four decks and two mixers, this would be good to get sorted soon We've got four decks and one mixer, recently serviced, which are being kept in the Bunker. This needs double-checked, I tried to find a ...
by nix
Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:21 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: Possible display of photos and short stories
Replies: 4
Views: 2378

Re: Possible display of photos and short stories

it is high time to change the pictures up the stairs. enough gazing at ourselves.
by nix
Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:01 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: Hall and Action Room Action Day!
Replies: 11
Views: 4154

Re: Hall and Action Room Action Day!

jamiec wrote:crumbs. we spoke about refreshing the old loos at the last big meeting. we've had beanos for a year time for a change?


fair enough... change is the only constant...
by nix
Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:23 am
Forum: Events
Topic: Volunteers and Bands needed for Forest @ Eden Fest...
Replies: 8
Views: 3603

Re: Volunteers and Bands needed for Forest @ Eden Fest...

THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU,...
by nix
Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:05 am
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Stage needed
Replies: 4
Views: 2445

Re: Stage needed

yes, it is the same stage.
by nix
Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:00 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: Hall and Action Room Action Day!
Replies: 11
Views: 4154

Re: Hall and Action Room Action Day!

-paint the old toilets


do you mean paint over the Beno's? can we not just restore the Beno's? we have more copies on the balcony, we could just paper over the graffiti damaged areas? no?

<3
by nix
Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:25 am
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: Forest's Google Place's Listing
Replies: 2
Views: 2051

Re: Forest's Google Place's Listing

Go Googlies Gordo...!
by nix
Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:20 am
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Cave Cupboard Equipment + Carlsbro Bass Head
Replies: 1
Views: 1738

Re: Cave Cupboard Equipment + Carlsbro Bass Head

The Equipment in the storage cupboard in Cave 1 belongs to Grant of Muscletusk.. there was a deal by which they got free storage in exchange for maintenance.. but I reckon that has expired. Please don't touch it without contacting Grant. I saw the Carlsboro somewhere in the hall... I will look again...
by nix
Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:22 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: Right hand gents toilet
Replies: 4
Views: 2361

Re: Right hand gents toilet

Yeah,

Ken fixed it yesterday.
I will see if I can look at the lock tomorrow.
by nix
Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:31 am
Forum: Workshops
Topic: Contemporary Dance and Improvisation Workshop
Replies: 3
Views: 2768

Re: Contemporary Dance and Improvisation Workshop

lovely poster, by the way!
by nix
Tue May 31, 2011 6:18 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: Volunteers and Bands needed for Forest @ Eden Fest...
Replies: 8
Views: 3603

Re: Volunteers and Bands needed for Forest @ Eden Fest...

Hello Roy, I have sent you a PM also. No, you suddenly didn't stop receiving emails about it. I just went away to do another festival, now I am back. I had made it clear in our previous communications that I had a slot for you and your drummer on our stage at Eden. I don't know what the panic is abo...
by nix
Wed May 25, 2011 9:57 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Tent for Eden fest.
Replies: 2
Views: 1020

Re: Tent for Eden fest.

I have a small one you can have as a gift.
by nix
Mon May 09, 2011 6:15 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: Volunteers and Bands needed for Forest @ Eden Fest...
Replies: 8
Views: 3603

Volunteers and Bands needed for Forest @ Eden Fest...

Hello People... It is on! We are doing the "Forest Musical Banqueting Hall" at Eden Fest! So, it has transpired that we are holding the meeting for planning of this event on Sunday at 2 in the café... We are looking for Kitchen Volunteers and SoundTeam Volunteers to come with us to this fa...
by nix
Mon May 09, 2011 3:16 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: If you move Cave stuff, put it back!
Replies: 5
Views: 2546

Re: If you move Cave stuff, put it back!

if its very loud it would be best in the hall.. but since we have no other serious backline in the Hall... Cave 1 for now, until the Ashdown is fixed?
by nix
Mon May 09, 2011 3:13 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Open/Free Cave Jam
Replies: 7
Views: 3171

Re: Open/Free Cave Jam

I think it could work, if you where up for taking the responsibility.

Speak to Harry as it is now his domain.

But me, I'm behind you!

N.
by nix
Mon May 09, 2011 12:21 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Hitching Advice
Replies: 5
Views: 1608

Re: Hitching Advice

a sign and a smile are the key!

People will stop... eventually.. faith in human nature is essential!

Good Luck!
2653256942_f0e21afbbc.jpg
by nix
Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:17 pm
Forum: Kitchen
Topic: issue to follow up from Saturday 23 April gig in cafe
Replies: 14
Views: 4980

Re: issue to follow up from Saturday 23 April gig in cafe

Isn't the Buckfast issue that it's a fortified wine, so it's too high alcohol strength, and thus causesa licensing issue? as far as I remember, this is correct, I remember talking about this at the licencee training, and that beer and wine are allowed under our BYOB Cafe thing, but not anything str...
by nix
Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:05 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: MIRA's GOOD BYE PARTY :D
Replies: 4
Views: 1488

Re: MIRA's GOOD BYE PARTY :D

Sorry I'm not there.

massive, massive love!

N.
by nix
Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:56 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: Broken microphone
Replies: 7
Views: 3047

Re: Broken microphone

call Owen, Yeah!
by nix
Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:46 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: Broken microphone
Replies: 7
Views: 3047

Re: Broken microphone

Hello, In the past, repairs like this where done by Owen (whose number I am trying to get - wait a minute, is it on an old list in the Sound Team folder?) but I bet Chris could do it! he is a master of the soldering iron!

thanks.
by nix
Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:14 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Forest is Amazing
Replies: 17
Views: 6936

Re: Forest is Amazing

HGiles wrote:Thought it might be worth pointing out
again.


always worth pointing out!

"your amazing, lets keep it that way"

and that ones going out to you Mr. H.
by nix
Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:15 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Bike Raiser
Replies: 10
Views: 2669

Re: Bike Raiser

Yes!

Soon!
by nix
Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:00 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: health and safety feedback - for the building
Replies: 33
Views: 11139

Re: health and safety feedback - for the building

Yes!

I was looking at the Cafe floor today, and I think its time, and the paint on the stairs needs doing.
by nix
Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:01 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: hole spacing and tables
Replies: 11
Views: 4284

Re: hole spacing and tables

alba wrote:Do any of you can give me a hand? On Monday 21th at 10am please.... :)

Yes. I can help you on Monday. but I will have to leave at 11.
by nix
Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:08 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: Front of house, tell me!!
Replies: 13
Views: 4846

Re: Front of house, tell me!!

To the corner on the stairs I thought of doing an installation I like this. In the past we have tried to get artists to use this space. I want to build a tree with fruit, but the fruits will be the heads of the forest people. To you like this idea? What do you think? I'll hang some pictures and som...
by nix
Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:36 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: Front of house, tell me!!
Replies: 13
Views: 4846

Re: Front of house, tell me!!

yeah I can do it! I would love to!
by nix
Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:20 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: SPRING FLING FUNDRAISER: Callout for Performers/Volunteers
Replies: 50
Views: 10303

Re: SPRING FLING FUNDRAISER: Callout for Performers/Voluntee

I have a message for you from "NixyNix" your Gameshow Host for the evening: "Oh Kay! Thanking you so much for all you participation and facilitation during the Super Raffle Extravaganza! You gave great prizes, You won great prizes! We raised some funds! You know it! ... Special thanks...
by nix
Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:47 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: FoH and Fundrasing: Callout for Makers!
Replies: 11
Views: 4205

Re: FoH and Fundrasing: Callout for Makers!

outside:The idea is to cover the 'Forest Fringe' banner with an other mobile one saying something like: 'Forest Lives- come in, be part of it, enjoy it, save it!!!' suggestions, opinions on what should be the text exactly are welcome again. The deadline for this would be also 4th of March...so we s...
by nix
Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:44 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: SPRING FLING FUNDRAISER: Callout for Performers/Volunteers
Replies: 50
Views: 10303

Re: SPRING FLING FUNDRAISER: Callout for Performers/Voluntee

we certainly don't want to look like the only freaks in the house! oh don't worry ... I've got a costume.. :wink: Have any prizez been gathered? or promised? are there some flyers posters, I can pick up on WEDNESDAY morning? I will need them to convince shops/people to give.. I looked in the Cafe t...
by nix
Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:00 am
Forum: Events
Topic: SPRING FLING FUNDRAISER: Callout for Performers/Volunteers
Replies: 50
Views: 10303

Re: SPRING FLING FUNDRAISER: Callout for Performers/Voluntee

I can do the raffle ... yay!
by nix
Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:03 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: jobbies
Replies: 4
Views: 2234

Re: jobbies

My thoughts are with you, dear Scoutt, that realy is a shit job ....

Go to advanced search