Search found 1135 matches

by martinmckenna
Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:43 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: promotion promotion
Replies: 79
Views: 21169

Re: promotion promotion

just a wee note about making posters what i need is a good quality image , the dates of the show , name of the artist /title of the show and anything else that needs to be put on it . please send this to me in one email . this makes it easy for me to make the poster . am not going to chase info up ....
by martinmckenna
Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:13 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: promotion promotion
Replies: 79
Views: 21169

Re: promotion promotion

it maybe worth putting one up in your staff tea room .

martin
by martinmckenna
Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:24 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: promotion promotion
Replies: 79
Views: 21169

Re: promotion promotion

you really dont have to use your own printer, the forest has a colour photocopier , heres the flyer for the next show

martin
by martinmckenna
Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:23 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Visual Arts Working Group meeting Thurs 28th October 2009
Replies: 2
Views: 2872

Re: Visual Arts Working Group meeting Thurs 28th October 2009

ive emailed everyone with there respective emails , if ive forgot something . please email me

martin
by martinmckenna
Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:23 am
Forum: Events
Topic: it is possible to have grant for Gaelic festival 28 nov.?
Replies: 6
Views: 1448

Re: it is possible to have grant for Gaelic festival 28 nov.?

the hall should be for free

martin
by martinmckenna
Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:48 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: the next logos
Replies: 7
Views: 2771

Re: the next logos

car boot sunday?

martin
by martinmckenna
Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:20 am
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: Website sorting, tidy up
Replies: 26
Views: 7086

Re: Website sorting, tidy up

still not working , i go create panel , from the menu at the top . i get an error message that the page is not found .

martin
by martinmckenna
Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:40 am
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: Website sorting, tidy up
Replies: 26
Views: 7086

Re: Website sorting, tidy up

the image upload is now working , although when adding the image then trying to put it in the center . my browser crashes ! i did manged to do it via saving the image first then doing it .

the panel thing is a bug .

thanks

martin
by martinmckenna
Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:11 am
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: Website sorting, tidy up
Replies: 26
Views: 7086

Re: Website sorting, tidy up

images - are you clicking the image icon in the WYSIWYG editor then clicking Browse Server? that should bring up the image selector/uploader window. i get an error , There is no valid directory specified for the file browser! adding a page to a menu - in the page editing screen, click on the 'Menu ...
by martinmckenna
Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:13 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: Website sorting, tidy up
Replies: 26
Views: 7086

Re: Website sorting, tidy up

yo Been messing about with the web site today , and it seems that i cant upload images to put in a page . any help with this would be useful . more thoughts on drupal vs wordpress . i redone the tk web page , by including a menu http://theforest.org.uk/tk it was my idea to have a web site within the...
by martinmckenna
Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:29 am
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: Aggregation of other sites onto theforest.org.uk
Replies: 11
Views: 3458

Re: Aggregation of other sites onto theforest.org.uk

nice

there is no hurry for it at the moment . ill have a play about with it and see what i can do .

martin
by martinmckenna
Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:07 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Maps and stuff
Replies: 63
Views: 31959

Re: Maps and stuff

on the use of the gallery . I think having it for month with just ads in it could be a bit boring . It possibly our main resource and attraction And thinking about mirja question why would someone want to be a part of it is related to this . promo is not our strong point but the space is . so some i...
by martinmckenna
Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:19 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: Aggregation of other sites onto theforest.org.uk
Replies: 11
Views: 3458

Re: Aggregation of other sites onto theforest.org.uk

i cant find how to change the panel , or edit them . I thought these kind of things would be listed with the pages . but only pages seem to be visable .


martin
by martinmckenna
Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:29 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: Aggregation of other sites onto theforest.org.uk
Replies: 11
Views: 3458

Re: Aggregation of other sites onto theforest.org.uk

would it help to have width of the block similar to the forpub website . I find its very wide . I cant find how to play around with this .

martin
by martinmckenna
Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:07 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: Aggregation of other sites onto theforest.org.uk
Replies: 11
Views: 3458

Re: Aggregation of other sites onto theforest.org.uk

on the aggregation front , ive added a <img> tag to the allowed tag settings . we now have images . the formating is not great . but its better . if there are any problems then we can change it back . would be possible to have 2 post sections , to have a forest collective aggregation section . this ...
by martinmckenna
Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:53 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: Aggregation of other sites onto theforest.org.uk
Replies: 11
Views: 3458

Re: Aggregation of other sites onto theforest.org.uk

nice one , il keep you updated if its worked . i guess new events should be good .

martin
by martinmckenna
Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:33 am
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: repeating events
Replies: 1
Views: 1858

repeating events

hi it seems to me that the repeating events function is creating problems . I really think it should only be used for events that are trusted and who are able to control it . We are facing having web site full of out of date info possibly leading users to think other info on the web site is crap too...
by martinmckenna
Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:06 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: Aggregation of other sites onto theforest.org.uk
Replies: 11
Views: 3458

Re: Aggregation of other sites onto theforest.org.uk

ive sent an email about the problem to those concerned .

martin
by martinmckenna
Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:39 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: in case you missed it
Replies: 5
Views: 2304

Re: in case you missed it

yeah nice composition

martin
by martinmckenna
Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:04 am
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: Aggregation of other sites onto theforest.org.uk
Replies: 11
Views: 3458

Re: Aggregation of other sites onto theforest.org.uk

sweet , nice work .
is there is any way to get the images in the post too. the ical feed now has details in it , but i can see all the html tags too .

martin
by martinmckenna
Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:01 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: New Forest website beta testing
Replies: 41
Views: 12040

Re: New Forest website beta testing

the aggregation of the blogs would be cool . Its possible the thing that drupal can do better than a wordpress blog . ive tried with mines to aggregate feed with not much success . i guess each feed could have a category . with some being reposted on the front page eg events. i cant help feel we dou...
by martinmckenna
Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:45 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Illustrator volunteer for consensus gesture images?
Replies: 4
Views: 2761

Re: Illustrator volunteer for consensus gesture images?

i dont have the time to do this , but........... a way for someone to do it is to take photos of the gestures , print out the ones that are suitable . trace them with a pen to simplified them . scan them in again .then using inkscape you could then use the tracebit map function to produce a vector g...
by martinmckenna
Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:08 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: taking a break
Replies: 5
Views: 2783

taking a break

yo i feel after the year it would be a good time to take a break from the gallery . ive involved for over 2 years in the day to day running of it without a holiday from it . I did this last year but it didnt last too long . this time it will . So from December on, i wont be coming to meeting until t...
by martinmckenna
Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:17 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: tk festival 2010 (tkx)
Replies: 44
Views: 14163

tk festival 2010 (tkx)

hi this will be the new thread for discussion on next years festival , the November meeting will deal with any issues relating to this . but here we can kick off the discussion about it . this is the old thread for reference . http://theforest.org.uk/bb/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=5424 currently i have...
by martinmckenna
Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:43 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Maps and stuff
Replies: 63
Views: 31959

Re: Maps and stuff

all good ! the golden hour maybe interested in doing something too . old hat books are interested too . also it would be good to have a jiggery fuckery closing party . things to think about how is the gallery space going to be used . can it be used for events combined with some kind of travel agency...
by martinmckenna
Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:16 am
Forum: Events
Topic: IMPORTANT: Forest Fundraiser 5-8 Novmber - Coordinaor?!
Replies: 4
Views: 1243

Re: IMPORTANT: Forest Fundraiser 5-8 Novmber - Coordinaor?!

have you got a noise dj , i know someone who might do it .

martin
by martinmckenna
Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:02 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: tk gallery action 2009/10
Replies: 2
Views: 1839

Re: tk gallery action 2009/10

am cool with extending it . naomi is aware of this . the one week slots are to keep the slots, starting at the beginning of the month . so now and again we have a one week slot to keep the flow right . i agree keep it the same until we know . possibly no need to book the summer as if yet . am up for...
by martinmckenna
Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:03 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: tk gallery action 2009/10
Replies: 2
Views: 1839

tk gallery action 2009/10

hi so at the last meeting it was agreed that we would organise before hand what the meeting where going to be about . I think this is what we should of been doing anyway . with some agenda points set before hand rather then 2 days before the meeting or even at the meeting itself . october meeting ma...
by martinmckenna
Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:48 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: festival 2009
Replies: 40
Views: 16712

Re: festival 2009

shall i unsticky this and make a new one or we use this one for next year .

i suggest a new one


martin
by martinmckenna
Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:30 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: visual arts meeting 24/9/2--9
Replies: 0
Views: 1320

visual arts meeting 24/9/2--9

present martin . mike bowdidge , stephen goodall , naomi . agenda meeting timetables for action meeting timetables for action It is felt by me and agreed , that we are dealing with lots of issues at once without organizing them and giving them time to make good decisions . so............... so this ...
by martinmckenna
Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:34 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: contact pahe on the web site , total kunst
Replies: 2
Views: 1594

Re: contact pahe on the web site , total kunst

thanks milk .

yes maybe in the future something can be worked out . it is nice feature .

martin
by martinmckenna
Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:52 am
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: contact pahe on the web site , total kunst
Replies: 2
Views: 1594

contact pahe on the web site , total kunst

hi total kusnt is now receiving mail via the web sites contact page . concerning submission . i feel this is not a good thing as it means from what ive received that they are not reading the submissions guidelines and i will have to send them an email pointing them in that direction . this makes us ...
by martinmckenna
Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:36 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Spare heater for Forest office
Replies: 4
Views: 1915

Re: Spare heater for Forest office

i think your heater may be in the workshop

martin
by martinmckenna
Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:54 am
Forum: Volunteering
Topic: ● Forest Vounteer Guide
Replies: 35
Views: 16179

Re: ● Forest Vounteer Guide

yeah i l like that ,

martin
by martinmckenna
Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:01 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Art Festival programmes
Replies: 5
Views: 2138

Re: Art Festival programmes

cool ,

i think they have been delivered and stashed in the office .


martin
by martinmckenna
Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:37 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Art Festival programmes
Replies: 5
Views: 2138

Re: Art Festival programmes

sure , if you need them out your way , you can put them in the gallery cupboards untill we dump them . i wont be around until Wednesday to do it .

I think in the future if there are any big stuff for the gallery , it would be best if it was put in the gallery cupboards and tell someone .

martin
by martinmckenna
Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:14 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Art Festival programmes
Replies: 5
Views: 2138

Re: Art Festival programmes

they can be recycled ,

martin
by martinmckenna
Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:21 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: New FoH meeting on the 14th of September COME COME COME
Replies: 13
Views: 4546

Re: New FoH meeting on the 14th of September COME COME COME

regards the floor in the cafe , i feel it needs a quick going over again in and around feb next year . this would be a light sanding posibly by hand and then plastered with varnish . The varnish last used can be mixed with a hardner to make it dry quicker and thus keep disruptions to the cafe to min...
by martinmckenna
Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:09 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: New FoH meeting on the 14th of September COME COME COME
Replies: 13
Views: 4546

Re: New FoH meeting on the 14th of September COME COME COME

i possibly wont be able to make it . on the mural side of things , please talk to magda before doing anything . I feel this could be a foh classic , in that a project never gets finished . Things can take time ,people get frustrated and start something else and you get a clash. The major downside to...
by martinmckenna
Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:50 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: next FREESHOP Wed 16th 12-4pm, in cafe
Replies: 16
Views: 3451

Re: next FREESHOP Wed 16th 12-4pm, in cafe

are the free shop people aware that the web site is advertising that it is this sunday and that it will repeat this for every sunday following , if the nature of the free shop is to be a bit ad hoc , then it would be better to disable this feature for the free shop events .

martin
by martinmckenna
Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:26 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Maps and stuff
Replies: 63
Views: 31959

Re: Maps and stuff

nice

i would love to do that thing the situationists did , going into lots of different cinemas , seeing a bit of a film then leaving and seeing another .

martin
by martinmckenna
Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:39 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: front of house wg questions
Replies: 4
Views: 2116

Re: front of house wg questions

visual arts working meeting tends to deal only with tk . the people involved are also aware of foh issues so its not so split as one might think . where possible we will past stuff on to the foh meeting . foh should do all the public areas unless it decides to delegate responsibility to someone to l...
by martinmckenna
Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:20 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: tk23
Replies: 5
Views: 2470

Re: tk23

this is now sorted , the show before will extend . this is a show supporting a chapbook launch , shoudl be good .

but we still have to bear in mind what ive said before in the choosing of the shows

martin
by martinmckenna
Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:39 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Maps and stuff
Replies: 63
Views: 31959

Re: Maps and stuff

i would also like see the use of the cafe space if possible . this would need a bit of planning , eg booking out it now . also i guess we would wish to this to happen within the annual , riding with there promo . so we need to find when they are thinking of doing it . with regards to podcasts(12 gat...
by martinmckenna
Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:27 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: tk23
Replies: 5
Views: 2470

Re: tk23

the reason this keeps happening is that we are getting a lot of submissions from aboard . i guess via art review . we need to be more aware of this when selecting shows to put on . it a shame as some are really good . ive had a look thru our current ones and they are a few which are from afar . if p...
by martinmckenna
Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:05 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Maps and stuff
Replies: 63
Views: 31959

Re: Maps and stuff

also

getting a few of us together for a meal , maybe in the gallery itself in the next few month would get the ball rolling . a jiggery fuckery closing party for the events would be good too !

martin
by martinmckenna
Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:45 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Maps and stuff
Replies: 63
Views: 31959

Re: Maps and stuff

it's interesting that there is quite frequently a large wedge of critical theory backing these projects up, perhaps it is only because the projects need to stand up as academic but it strikes me that it could be a classic example of the map preceding the territory-who thought it would be so difficu...
by martinmckenna
Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:37 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Action Room - EUS Files
Replies: 3
Views: 1361

Re: Action Room - EUS Files

wow !

martin

Go to advanced search