Search found 648 matches

by stephengoodall
Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:58 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: tk festival 2010 (tkx)
Replies: 44
Views: 21073

Re: tk festival 2010 (tkx)

possibly best to do the blurb on an action day if possible outside the meeting i think.

i'm sending a response by email to other thoughts...

As an aside, i think a closing party for TKX could be good and /TKX has a certain ring as a title
by stephengoodall
Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:56 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 69926

Re: The Gallery Calendar

lol yeah i tried to do that before i left on Sunday but the computer ate it.

updated now with all the relevant dates- someone please check if poss
by stephengoodall
Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:59 am
Forum: Minutes
Topic: VA minutes 28/01/2010
Replies: 3
Views: 4650

Re: VA minutes 28/01/2010

yeah i fgured that would be the case, though there is a certain appeal to something which is predesigned and works striaght out of the box-

if you had time milk, it would be good to meet up for half an hour sometime to chat about what can be acheived with the current site- would that be possible?
by stephengoodall
Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:07 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: exhibiting artists- February
Replies: 2
Views: 2103

exhibiting artists- February

Hi all Just a quick note to let you know that the artists that willbe showing in the gallery over february also plan to exhibit some work in th ecafe spaces over that time. I have looked through their plans and it should be pretty unobtrusive and will fit in well with other stuff that is there at th...
by stephengoodall
Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:52 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010
Replies: 43
Views: 24584

Re: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010

1. sadly we don't have a budget at the moment.
2. we discussed it at the meeting and we are proposing to have the show you mention from the 7th to the 13th June...
by stephengoodall
Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:50 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: PROMOTION materials
Replies: 4
Views: 5886

Re: PROMOTION materials

Great work guys, well done!
by stephengoodall
Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:49 am
Forum: Minutes
Topic: VA minutes 28/01/2010
Replies: 3
Views: 4650

VA minutes 28/01/2010

Illaria, Mirja, Stephen, Cara Promotion Mirja and Illaria went through the details of how to run the promotion of the gallery, this means a few tweaks to the way we currently do things, put it should not take up any extra time and looks like it will improve our exposure massively. The details of the...
by stephengoodall
Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:25 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: A Tool to Deceive and Slaughter (2009) - Caleb Larsen
Replies: 2
Views: 3224

Re: A Tool to Deceive and Slaughter (2009) - Caleb Larsen

wow. I see it like a kind of inverse pass the parcel- it sucks to be the person who ends up owning it when its collectibility declines. I like: # Any failure to follow these terms without prior consent of Artist will forfeit the status of the Artwork as a legitimate work of art. The item will no lon...
by stephengoodall
Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:08 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: FIXING/to do
Replies: 18
Views: 8140

Re: FIXING/to do

sounds good (yeah what did happen to the cloth?)

only thing is, Jessica is installed until the 31st and Rich and crew are installing that same day.

Thoughts?
by stephengoodall
Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:41 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010
Replies: 43
Views: 24584

Re: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010

I've let cornelia know, so we can discuss it at the February meeting.
by stephengoodall
Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:39 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 69926

Re: The Gallery Calendar

I don't have his email i'm afraid. So my idea for the summer dates from the email the other day was: Adam Burton for 31st May to 13th June and then the Map project from 14th June to 11th July and then we could use the gallery to exhibit Cornelia's proposal to do a ten year forest exhibition in advan...
by stephengoodall
Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:07 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 69926

Re: The Gallery Calendar

Robert and Brian both confirmed
by stephengoodall
Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:06 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: tk festival 2010 (tkx)
Replies: 44
Views: 21073

Re: tk festival 2010 (tkx)

I don't think that idea is viable at that time myself- too much work for us when we shall likely be working pretty hard anyway- so if we aren't going ahead with that we are pretty much drawing a blank- how can we address this problem?
by stephengoodall
Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:24 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 69926

Re: The Gallery Calendar

sounds good- also fine for icecreamvanman

confirmed Robert for April is cruelest month, waiting to hear back from Brian so we've got at least one artist for that month, should all be sorted by the meeting.
by stephengoodall
Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:22 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: tk festival 2010 (tkx)
Replies: 44
Views: 21073

Re: tk festival 2010 (tkx)

anyone got any ideas?
by stephengoodall
Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:20 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010
Replies: 43
Views: 24584

Re: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010

I would like to discuss the proposal of Adam Burton that we discussed in October- the text based stuff- we said we would book him for the next week show. I met him recently when he was in edinburgh and he seemed pretty in tune with the TK agenda so would be keen to go ahead if we can figure out a da...
by stephengoodall
Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:46 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 69926

Re: The Gallery Calendar

by stephengoodall
Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:22 am
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: potential salvageable parts?
Replies: 1
Views: 2064

potential salvageable parts?

Hi I have an old desktop PC, I'm pretty sure the motherboard and power supply are dead but the RAM and CPU may be salvageable. I'm already using the hard drive for something else. I was always planning to get it fixed but i'm moving house and don't have time. I can drop the box off at the Forest if ...
by stephengoodall
Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:20 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: action day
Replies: 3
Views: 2485

Re: action day

I'll be moving house on the 10th, but you guys can go on without me.
by stephengoodall
Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:10 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Minutes Visual Arts Working Group Thurs 10th December 2009
Replies: 8
Views: 7297

Re: Minutes Visual Arts Working Group Thurs 10th December 2009

I can repost it to that forum- what times are we aiming to have them closed for?
by stephengoodall
Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:23 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Front of House rejoining Visual Arts?
Replies: 10
Views: 5395

Re: Front of House rejoining Visual Arts?

Surely it would not take long to discuss front of house issues during the Visual Art meetings? You'd be suprised lol I can understand the reasoning for suggesting this. I guess it is important that Kata and FOH decisions have a meeting to come to and if FOH isn't sustainable as a group then it shou...
by stephengoodall
Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:11 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Minutes Visual Arts Working Group Thurs 10th December 2009
Replies: 8
Views: 7297

Re: Minutes Visual Arts Working Group Thurs 10th December 2009

did anyone volunteer to contact icecreamvanman to see about a potential future show?
by stephengoodall
Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:34 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 69926

Re: The Gallery Calendar

i say book it in
by stephengoodall
Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:36 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: tk festival 2010 (tkx)
Replies: 44
Views: 21073

Re: tk festival 2010 (tkx)

personally speaking, i'm not a fan but i won't stand in the way if everyone else is keen. also I don't currently have any alternative suggestions.
by stephengoodall
Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:08 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010
Replies: 43
Views: 24584

Re: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010

10th is OK for me
by stephengoodall
Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:07 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Maps and stuff
Replies: 63
Views: 42768

Re: Maps and stuff

hmm, just realised i missed the meeting-

Is there a date for the next one yet?

Is there a name for the project yet?
by stephengoodall
Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:01 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Calls for Submissions
Replies: 0
Views: 1444

Calls for Submissions

I thought we could use a thread to post various calls for submissions that we become aware of- would be useful as a resource, i would wager. My apologies if such a thread already exists. this one came through to the TK email: Hi Total Kunst, One year after the great success of our tram depot exhibit...
by stephengoodall
Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:53 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: tk festival 2010 (tkx)
Replies: 44
Views: 21073

Re: tk festival 2010 (tkx)

Yeah, i will email you anything that comes in and stick it in a folder called 'tkX'

I'm not sure if i can do the promo role- i need to think about it, will decide by the 10th when we next meet (if noone else has volunteered by then.)

Stephen.
by stephengoodall
Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:52 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: tk festival 2010 (tkx)
Replies: 44
Views: 21073

Re: tk festival 2010 (tkx)

some good ideas for marketing/promotion to think about in this email. Hello all, EAF is always looking at ways to expand and extend the Festival platform to show a greater range of visual art. There are a few opportunities in the pipeline, which I would greatly appreciate your feedback on, including...
by stephengoodall
Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:16 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 69926

Re: The Gallery Calendar

Rich has got back to me but i'm afraid he can't really make the january dates work, so he would rather stick to his original dates.
by stephengoodall
Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:48 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 69926

Re: The Gallery Calendar

no reply as of yet
by stephengoodall
Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:08 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 69926

Re: The Gallery Calendar

emailed...
by stephengoodall
Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:28 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 69926

Re: The Gallery Calendar

sadly Rich has confirmed those dates with me- I suppose there is always the chance that we could see if he minds switching? should i do that?
by stephengoodall
Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:27 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Maps and stuff
Replies: 63
Views: 42768

Re: Maps and stuff

i spoke with Duncan Shingleton, who works with RFID tags and he is interested to discuss possibilities about the mapping events. i told him that the next meeting is happening on sunday 8 november, his email address duncan(at)shingleton.org and his website http://www.shingleton.org. perhaps someone ...
by stephengoodall
Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:25 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: artist website/shows of interest
Replies: 3
Views: 1818

Re: artist website/shows of interest

the Museum Of Everything I went to this in London- brilliant collection of outsider art in a mssive labyrynthine venue- permanent i think- really good, with a wide range of different stuff from all over in different styles and formats. some original Henry Darger drawings were of particular interest...
by stephengoodall
Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:20 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: the murals of Janet Braun-Reinitz
Replies: 5
Views: 3401

Re: the murals of Janet Braun-Reinitz

exciting
by stephengoodall
Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:19 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: Artist for the toilet.
Replies: 33
Views: 15237

Re: Artist for the toilet.

by stephengoodall
Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:45 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: promotion promotion
Replies: 79
Views: 29623

Re: promotion promotion

no such thing sadly, what with 'new ways of working'
by stephengoodall
Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:26 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: promotion promotion
Replies: 79
Views: 29623

Re: promotion promotion

one of the things i'm working on is streamlining the promo for the gallery. Im working with illaria on the materials so that the EVS's can do the dissemination: to the press, as flyers and on the web. So, we are figuring how we get the info from the artist in their application, and how they can slo...
by stephengoodall
Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:42 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Maps and stuff
Replies: 63
Views: 42768

Re: Maps and stuff

relevant post from gallery calander thread regarding potential dates for the project... updated with info from Thursday's meeting I have also added future slots (finally got my head round it.) The details are as follows but there is some discussion still to be had here: Quote: 5th april -2nd may tk3...
by stephengoodall
Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:35 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 69926

Re: The Gallery Calendar

updated with info from Thursday's meeting I have also added future slots (finally got my head round it.) The details are as follows but there is some discussion still to be had here: 5th april -2nd may tk31 3rd May-30th May tk32 31st May-27th June tk33 28th June-4th July* tk34 5th July-2nd August tk...
by stephengoodall
Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:09 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010
Replies: 43
Views: 24584

Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010

Hi so this can be a list of the upcoing meetings, detailing what subjects we plan to discuss when. Please feel free to add details as they become apparent November 2009 - Festival ('10) December 2009 - probably no meeting January 2010 - Promotion February 2010 - Forest 10 year exhibition March 2010 ...
by stephengoodall
Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:28 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Art sharing and promo websites
Replies: 5
Views: 3135

Re: Art sharing and promo websites

nice one



I would be glad of a FFFound invite if you have one spare...
by stephengoodall
Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:10 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: the next logos
Replies: 7
Views: 4161

Re: the next logos

exciting- not sure about this weekend, will check.
by stephengoodall
Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:09 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Maps and stuff
Replies: 63
Views: 42768

Re: Maps and stuff

done and done!

I will endeavour to register a flickr, facebook and WP blog for the project at my earliest convenience- unless anyone would rather we use different versions of the same thing for photo hosting etc.

we should decide a name soon...
by stephengoodall
Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:51 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Maps and stuff
Replies: 63
Views: 42768

Re: Maps and stuff

gah, having trouble attaching the file here, will email it out, or you can get it from the site- it's the one called 'transhumance'
by stephengoodall
Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:49 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Maps and stuff
Replies: 63
Views: 42768

Re: Maps and stuff

definitely some great ideas for the use of space there- i imagine this willend up being informed mostly by the participants that aare involved, so at the mo we should push to get the blurb/look/name for the project so that we can begin discussing wuth folks. I really like the look of the David Berri...
by stephengoodall
Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:27 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Visual Arts meeting 29/10/009 agenda
Replies: 2
Views: 2260

Re: Visual Arts meeting 29/10/009 agenda

I didn't realise that stuff had been stolen, that sucks.

Just so i'm clear- what kind of blinds are we thinking? take it they would be fitted in both gallery doors and would have some kind of locking mechanism to prevent entry into the gallery?

Go to advanced search