Search found 546 matches

by simone
Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:05 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Fresher's Fair. Art college.
Replies: 113
Views: 83596

Re: Fresher's Fair. Art college.

as a fellow kentish lass i'm not sure i agree with this.....there is nothing wrong with the apron / flip flop look!
i prefer smocks and long beads with strings attached to my glasses
by simone
Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:00 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Any Volunteers Free to Work Saturday Night in Cafe?
Replies: 1
Views: 1137

Re: Any Volunteers Free to Work Saturday Night in Cafe?

i have said to charlotte that i will endeavour to be here but have friend staying so will need to ok it! shall try to enlist her too!
by simone
Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:31 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Who wants to cycle 47miles on Sept 14th?
Replies: 23
Views: 5967

Re: Who wants to cycle 47miles on Sept 14th?

yes please
can we wear matching screen printed tabards?!
by simone
Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:34 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: September stuff
Replies: 130
Views: 54937

Re: September stuff

sure, any kind of party is always good
will there be lasers?
by simone
Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:17 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: lets start!
Replies: 10
Views: 6751

Re: lets start!

ok so i washed the cloth bags and not sure if it will make a blind bit of difference but will maybe have a go printing on them tues or weds next week if anyone around....we could try another logo?
by simone
Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:44 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Visual Art 31/07/2008
Replies: 3
Views: 3111

Re: Visual Art 31/07/2008

marja has confirmed those dates for 29 sept-12 oct
by simone
Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:21 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: lets start!
Replies: 10
Views: 6751

Re: lets start!

prepare to be amazed...we did some test screens and images need to be exposed for 20 minutes on the light box. martin was there today so i'd check with him what the latest is...exciting or what!
by simone
Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:17 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: may to august booking slots
Replies: 98
Views: 35915

Re: may to august booking slots

i can't believe that you just suggested that! this thread is a security blanket and the bible of all things visual!!
i could be persauded to consider laying it to rest come september......
by simone
Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:26 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: may to august booking slots
Replies: 98
Views: 35915

Re: may to august booking slots

downstairs, end of corridor opp the cave if that helps, ask for key at kitchen they'll tell you! may the force be with you!
by simone
Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:23 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Visual Art 31/07/2008
Replies: 3
Views: 3111

Re: Visual Art 31/07/2008

i still have original two dvd's that we chose for the vidfestness.
just so you knows where they are
by simone
Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:20 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: may to august booking slots
Replies: 98
Views: 35915

Re: may to august booking slots

hi, there is a cd player in my space on the balconies if you are desperate, i've not used cd bit but it should work. my space is next to window and organ. someone gave it to me so i'm not precious about it.
have fun
by simone
Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:10 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: may to august booking slots
Replies: 98
Views: 35915

Re: may to august booking slots

hi emi - the launch is at 1pm at the ingleby gallery, 15 calton road (opp train station i'm told) and there will be lunch, artists talks and then gallery openings across city.
have fun and go easy on the pimms....
by simone
Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:06 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Visual Arts Meeting: Thursday 31st July 7pm
Replies: 6
Views: 3555

Re: Visual arts meeting: thursday 31st July 7:30pm

also...the date is right but it starts at 7pm!- doesn't it?!
by simone
Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:05 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Visual Arts Meeting: Thursday 31st July 7pm
Replies: 6
Views: 3555

Re: Visual arts meeting: thursday 31st July 7:30pm

hi i have got: a budget request for john and monica the dvds that we have been sent for the vid fest also it is the street party for opening of festival outside the stills gallery form 6-9pm so lets try and make it a short meeting so we can go and see what's happening and hope there are still free d...
by simone
Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:27 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: sarah foque - installation in cafe
Replies: 11
Views: 4201

Re: sarah foque - installation in cafe

sarah has asked if her friend can film her installing her tape on wednesday 13 august. she will be installing her work in the cafe during the afternoon. as long as anyone sitting nearby who may be filmed is ok with this does anyone else have any objections?
by simone
Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:49 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: may to august booking slots
Replies: 98
Views: 35915

hi tk has received some more videos for vidfest. they are from : andy cranston hans van der kamp john sebastian vitale & alex hetherington i'll bring them to meeting next week....... also the EAF opening is the 31st july at 1pm. the invite is for two people, there is lunch and it continues til t...
by simone
Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:39 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: upstairs landing
Replies: 3
Views: 3702

by simone
Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:36 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: lets start!
Replies: 10
Views: 6751

lets start!

by simone
Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:07 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: job left unfinished...
Replies: 7
Views: 4999

agreed shannon, i'd be happy to help out with some finishing touches especially as festival scarily close now. i have been meaning to finish cleaning stairs too, apologies. i should be around next week. i have checked and there is no one else down to do a mural so emi and charlotte were asking to fi...
by simone
Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:06 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: September stuff
Replies: 130
Views: 54937

hooray, glad she can make those dates after all...
by simone
Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:07 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: sarah foque - installation in cafe
Replies: 11
Views: 4201

sarah will be taping cafe week of 11-17th august..informed xabina
by simone
Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:06 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: may to august booking slots
Replies: 98
Views: 35915

sarah foque has confirmed that she will taping cafe from 11th august, i;ve said until the 17th.
i'm meeting up with her in a week or so to talk it through.....
by simone
Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:35 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: sarah foque - installation in cafe
Replies: 11
Views: 4201

great
i shall let her know and then put the definate dates up that she will be around
by simone
Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:59 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: September stuff
Replies: 130
Views: 54937

by simone
Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:22 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: sarah foque - installation in cafe
Replies: 11
Views: 4201

sarah foque - installation in cafe

hi
we have had a submission for an artist to do an installation in the cafe using tape on the floor. it would be for a week after the 10th august and the tape pulls up fine after.
any thoughts?
simone
by simone
Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:08 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Action Day Sunday 13th august
Replies: 5
Views: 3613

i can come on sunday now so anytime is fine, shall we say 2 o'clock? then definately plenty of time for pub after!
by simone
Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:00 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: sleeping space needed for artists in august
Replies: 0
Views: 970

sleeping space needed for artists in august

hi does anyone have a space for two artists from the netherlands to stay from the 21st - 29th august. they are coming over for free to do a one day show so it would be great if we were able to offer them somewhere to stay.... if you could provide a couple of days that would be great too as it would ...
by simone
Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:05 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: may to august booking slots
Replies: 98
Views: 35915

j s nebe has also sent his lost city dvd. i'll bring it along to meeting.

ok, if no one objects i'll tell sarah she can have week in cafe from 10th - 17th? then there will be small break before rocco...does that sound good?
i'll leave her budget decision to the meeting.
by simone
Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:04 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: may to august booking slots
Replies: 98
Views: 35915

hi have sent information and photees to the sticker project, so hope they are ok. regarding rocca wanting to use the cafe we also have sarah foque wanting to use it. we still need to confirm this with her. she is asking for a week after the tenth of august. i think it looks good and should get her i...
by simone
Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:49 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: may to august booking slots
Replies: 98
Views: 35915

also i have git irina's dvd, i arrived at the forest today and i'm reticent to leave it here. let me know if any of you want it before the 13th, if not i'll bring it along then.
by simone
Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:38 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: may to august booking slots
Replies: 98
Views: 35915

i can do the 13th , i'll be there after 5pm as i'm working.
by simone
Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:27 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: may to august booking slots
Replies: 98
Views: 35915

ok john and monica have confirmed for the 28th august slot. their work will be dismantled and removed by themselves - hooray. also they are wanting somewhere to stay for 21 - 29, shall i just put a plea out on the bb unless anyone has any ideas? would be good to try and find somewhere for them as th...
by simone
Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:47 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: may to august booking slots
Replies: 98
Views: 35915

regarding information for the EAF shall i just send them the artists names, dates and show titles if we have them? they have asked for images too....any ideas? shall i ask artists if it ok to send images that they have sent us? also robyn kidd needs to be informed his last day of show has changed, a...
by simone
Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:29 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: visual arts action day 22nd sunday
Replies: 6
Views: 4385

hi guys have been wondering if the call for submissions for august flier looks as if the work will only be up for one day (as it says can your work be put up and taken down in a day) and this is putting people off submitting? have only had a few e mails and wondered if a poster could maybe go up in ...
by simone
Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:45 am
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Artists Facilities 5th Jun
Replies: 2
Views: 2513

by simone
Tue May 27, 2008 9:29 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: Main Cafe
Replies: 14
Views: 7772

by simone
Tue May 27, 2008 9:27 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: may to august booking slots
Replies: 98
Views: 35915

by simone
Fri May 16, 2008 8:17 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Visual Arts 25/04/2008
Replies: 4
Views: 3735

i think that the idea with the tables is that she will put paper on them and use the grain of wood for drawing, cover them in plastic and then leave them for period of time. i don't think that they are intended to be permanent...... is this right team visual art?
by simone
Thu May 15, 2008 11:11 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: all of those little things that need to be done...
Replies: 12
Views: 6556

may not be able to do hard work day time bit but should be around for the fun evening bit!!
by simone
Tue May 13, 2008 8:28 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Cafe & Events working group - 7 may, 2008
Replies: 4
Views: 3533

yes i can so see you then, have screen printing at 6 so will try to be on time!
by simone
Tue May 13, 2008 8:18 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: may to august booking slots
Replies: 98
Views: 35915

may i say how great the gallery is looking this show!
does anyone know what time the clown performance is on saturday?
by simone
Tue May 13, 2008 8:14 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: getting more equipment and supplies!
Replies: 10
Views: 6764

let me know if you need a hand meghan, also still happy to pick up shelves. am around weds and thurs.
by simone
Fri May 09, 2008 2:47 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Cafe & Events working group - 7 may, 2008
Replies: 4
Views: 3533

tranquility team

by simone
Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:59 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Boiler go leaky leaky
Replies: 1
Views: 2244

when i went down with sabina there was a bucket full just from today, which is a whole lotta water.
can i suggest that when people are in the cafe they check bucket and empty in toilets next door. it looks like it needs doing twice a day. it 's been reported.
by simone
Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:54 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: things to do
Replies: 7
Views: 5452

well done sabina and olivier (hope i have your names right)! on the pva-ing. i'll do some more tomorrow .
also we have offer of cotton bags that are in the craft room awaiting some amazing screenprinted images by us which can then be sold in cafe...how exciting!
by simone
Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:52 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: may to august booking slots
Replies: 98
Views: 35915

nikolaus mantzios was given the 26th may - 2nd june at the meeting, looking at your timetable it should be until the 8th right? i'll e mail him and let him know. i'm waiting for him to confirm.

Go to advanced search