Search found 211 matches

by mirja
Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:56 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: FoH Postcard.
Replies: 37
Views: 9522

Re: FoH Postcard.

Hey..!! to my mind, thats def more inviting.... I really like that image, too.
mirja
by mirja
Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:53 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: FoH Postcard.
Replies: 37
Views: 9522

Re: FoH Postcard.

Ok, my twopence here even if too late for the meadows festival. We all agree that we do not want bunnies trees etc, so its really good to remind ourselves of this! To put this in a call though will not work to attract serious artists/work tho, it will just make it sound that we will be a bitch to wo...
by mirja
Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:41 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Wayward - plant adoption at the Gallery
Replies: 5
Views: 3617

Re: Wayward - plant adoption at the Gallery

yep, sorry for a slow response... yes the plants go to kitchen and fromthere to the back garden, where they seem to be very well watered at the moment!!!
I will photograph them for the show, and they will be all ready for their new owners!!
by mirja
Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:42 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 52230

Re: The Gallery Calendar

done.
by mirja
Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:51 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 52230

Re: The Gallery Calendar

HI all, sorry not to read this first, i already talked to sam stead and he confirmed he would definitely do september and would like to tie it together with betamaps. what about the two other shows?
by mirja
Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:47 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010
Replies: 43
Views: 17092

Re: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010

yep thats great
by mirja
Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:40 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010
Replies: 43
Views: 17092

Re: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010

nah... i think i'll have to take a leave from the suitcase series... there is plenty there to work with for now... i think the summer has 4 things at least coming out of it so i will be busy. i was thinking of a slot in november as last year but i think it will have to be spring 2011. and i think i ...
by mirja
Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:02 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010
Replies: 43
Views: 17092

Re: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010

can we take a 1/2 hour to talk about the web and then do the submissions ( lets see if we can do them with the new pr ideas...)
the new wordpress site looks really great!! fab job stephen!!
by mirja
Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:23 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Maps and stuff
Replies: 63
Views: 32583

Re: Maps and stuff

We did not fix a next date...?
mirja
by mirja
Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:21 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 52230

Re: The Gallery Calendar

Damian Malone added

mirja
by mirja
Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:53 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: FIXING/to do
Replies: 18
Views: 5820

Re: FIXING/to do

just remembered what it was i forgot yesterday... about the practical... if we install a simple music system, do we have some equipment for this already, or should we just get a (cheap) cdplayer and some decent (cheap) small speakers and drill little holes under the cupboards... ? THe Szajner show a...
by mirja
Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:50 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: FIXING/to do
Replies: 18
Views: 5820

Re: FIXING/to do

i should be able to be there as well, and do not mind ladders etc.
by mirja
Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:37 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: FIXING/to do
Replies: 18
Views: 5820

Re: FIXING/to do

cleared the left cupboard yesterday waiting for jessica.
i left the old wallpapering table still there mike if you want it.
its a surprisingly large space, easily could take some equipment.
by mirja
Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:41 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: PROMOTION materials
Replies: 4
Views: 4276

PROMOTION materials

Hi, here are the promotion materials we went through in the meeting. First is a run-through or what we do now with some tweaks and also a description of the new EVS involvement. It includes a memo-what-to-do for 3 people: -artist contact person -poster maker, and -EVS that is associated with the gal...
by mirja
Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:17 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Maps and stuff
Replies: 63
Views: 32583

Re: Maps and stuff

ok , anybody interested in mapping virtually , heres a talk coming up at the uni, could be interesting? Tue. 26 Jan. 1.00 - 2.00 pm, Common Room, Minto House Hanna Sommerseth (Architecture, University of Edinburgh): "City of (Virtual) Dreams: Urban Space and Narrative Architecture in Computer G...
by mirja
Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:09 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: FIXING/to do
Replies: 18
Views: 5820

Re: FIXING/to do

ah, forgot, nix ( i think? sorry im crap with names) mentioned that the window pane that is broken will be replaced sometime next week or so (nice.) , so it will screw up the paint work inside the gallery windowsill. perhaps we can think of a tlc-day for the space? or half day, or a couple of hours?...
by mirja
Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:01 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: FIXING/to do
Replies: 18
Views: 5820

FIXING/to do

HI, thought that we can have another running maintenance topic going on for the little stuff. i was pointed out yesterday in the cafe that the gallery locks could be fixed, as they attract a lot of wandering folks, they had spotted people marauding the cupboards. One needs screws and both new locks ...
by mirja
Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:17 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 52230

Re: The Gallery Calendar

no, youre right, the dates are - 26th july on for the 1st slot... corrected!
I did contact katalin with the right dates so she knows.
Its just that EAF starts 29th so that must have been the 'reason'.
by mirja
Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:04 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010
Replies: 43
Views: 17092

Re: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010

hi all, the woman in the gallery was me... knowing something about what we are going to talk in terms of promo ( and trying to keep that concise) , i thought cornelia could come along, as it occurred to me that since the book/art shop is much smaller now, maybe the postcard project can be put togeth...
by mirja
Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:11 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 52230

Re: The Gallery Calendar

HI all, I know we are not doing submissions now but I was wondering if I could pencil in a slot for more suitcase stuff - similarly to last year. I remember we talked about this before, in that way I will know when to schedule in my rolling submissions. I was thinking November again - it would be TK...
by mirja
Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:42 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Maps and stuff
Replies: 63
Views: 32583

Re: Maps and stuff

I like 'outwith', i didnt know its scottish!!
also looked the def of 'drift; and really like it, as it refers to movement but also accumulations that result from that movement...
what about just 'Drifts' - like actions (processes), and various forms of accumulations ( the work) ?
by mirja
Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:03 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Maps and stuff
Replies: 63
Views: 32583

Re: Maps and stuff

ok, heres attached some text/questions to start thinking about maps, sorry if this is pretty brick-like, and i know mike is doing something, this is just to throw my 2pence in and get going, please tear apart cut paste and appropriate as you feel beneficial, i trust you help me with the brick-like e...
by mirja
Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:31 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Maps and stuff
Replies: 63
Views: 32583

Re: Maps and stuff

names, how bout 're-drift' as opposed to 're-draft' and 'drift'. I like the idea of drifting in multiples, each time differently.
by mirja
Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:05 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: tk festival 2010 (tkx)
Replies: 44
Views: 14605

Re: tk festival 2010 (tkx)

Katalin hausel confirmed for TKXa, first slot.
by mirja
Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:46 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: tk festival 2010 (tkx)
Replies: 44
Views: 14605

Re: tk festival 2010 (tkx)

i agree about the icecreamguy, like the stuff.
by mirja
Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:46 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: tk festival 2010 (tkx)
Replies: 44
Views: 14605

Re: tk festival 2010 (tkx)

bernard szajner just confirmed.
by mirja
Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:49 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: tk festival 2010 (tkx)
Replies: 44
Views: 14605

Re: tk festival 2010 (tkx)

ok, we still have not scheduled this guy, and what do i know, maybe we do not want him, but as for now his case is still open ( to remind, he came up on his own and saw the space and really liked it) http://www.brendanjamison.com/ And, this woman will put a proposal in, take a look. http://www.katal...
by mirja
Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:29 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 52230

Re: The Gallery Calendar

that sounds great to me, and nice to have pegged a really good show for the festival aftermath already! ( remembering how it got hazy this year) We can drum it up all along the summer too.
by mirja
Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:37 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 52230

Re: The Gallery Calendar

So, TK27 ( jessica) sorted, but is there a reason why TK26 ends on Saturday 9th Jan?
Sunday-monday being the usual switch over days.

Mirja
by mirja
Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:29 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: tk festival 2010 (tkx)
Replies: 44
Views: 14605

Re: tk festival 2010 (tkx)

for szajner,that is...
by mirja
Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:29 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: tk festival 2010 (tkx)
Replies: 44
Views: 14605

Re: tk festival 2010 (tkx)

thanks simone and martin, i got it now, the minutes are outside the visart section...
to check the dates, they must be aug 8-21st (?), they are wrong on both boards( visart/minutes) but im not sure what the date to start is.
by mirja
Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:33 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: tk festival 2010 (tkx)
Replies: 44
Views: 14605

Re: tk festival 2010 (tkx)

Hi guys,
i might be able to take on the festival publicity ( since all i have this time is szajner) , at least i would be ready to do it jointly with somebody else... is this a good idea?
Also, i've been combing the bb but cannot see what is the meeting on 10th we are having? am i missing something?
by mirja
Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:03 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010
Replies: 43
Views: 17092

Re: Agendas for VAWG meetings 2009/2010

Hi guys, im not going to make it tomorrow ( i have the swine flu apparently, its going on forever, and my fever shot up finally...not fun.) but I'm hoping tomorrow we can have decision on Bernard Szajner, the electronica guy from paris. I heard that we are thinking of maybe giving the august for gro...
by mirja
Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:50 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 52230

Re: The Gallery Calendar

i know... my fixation... :)
by mirja
Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:13 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 52230

Re: The Gallery Calendar

Well its no problem, as i said it has to be worked into jessicas show that she is not around the first days of her show. we can ask if the person before would like to extend for a couple of days? we can ask jessica to have a plan where on these dates she has some type of interesting presence in the ...
by mirja
Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:22 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 52230

Re: The Gallery Calendar

well, that would be great if you could check with him, if there is the odd chance he would not mind!

otherwise, as i said, we will just work it out.

mirja
by mirja
Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:44 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: The Gallery Calendar
Replies: 128
Views: 52230

Re: The Gallery Calendar

HI ,yes, jessica confirmed and is really keen but was wondering if she could switch with the next show - this is stephens RDD Cormack show... i do not see its confirmed yet, so stephen is this a possibility? -the reason being that she is from U.S. and is going there over the hols and is coming back ...
by mirja
Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:38 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Maps and stuff
Replies: 63
Views: 32583

Re: Maps and stuff

hi im not making the meeting tonight im feeling ill but would like to know whats up, pls let me know someone,
-mirja
by mirja
Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:26 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Maps and stuff
Replies: 63
Views: 32583

Re: Maps and stuff

about a working title... do we have any thoughts on that?
how bout reroute, or reroutings , its used in traffic and also in electrical wiring and also is just about re-doing 'routes'
by mirja
Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:23 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: promotion promotion
Replies: 79
Views: 21746

Re: promotion promotion

one of the things i'm working on is streamlining the promo for the gallery. Im working with illaria on the materials so that the EVS's can do the dissemination: to the press, as flyers and on the web. So, we are figuring how we get the info from the artist in their application, and how they can slot...
by mirja
Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:02 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Maps and stuff
Replies: 63
Views: 32583

Re: Maps and stuff

hi guys, this CR looks really interesting. i also have a couple of people/works that i think might be really interesting for this, here are 2: - we have a guy David Berridge) with 'situationist' type 'scores' for us to interpret, maybe with him, for making work. The score reads really well, love the...
by mirja
Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:13 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Visual Arts Wrorking Group Meeting Thurs 24th September
Replies: 2
Views: 1836

Re: Visual Arts Wrorking Group Meeting Thurs 24th September

hi all, impossibly im away again when the meeting is supposed to be on ( 21-27)!! its just bad luck. but there are a lot of (good) things to discuss, at least i have, i think... so would really want to catch up with it all... Could we maybe have another time for discussion or another meeting..? What...
by mirja
Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:35 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Paul Matosic
Replies: 3
Views: 2262

Re: Paul Matosic

hi all, the suitcase 2 month has 2 shows, paul matosic and alissa kleist. there is also a one week slot in the end of the october. if we would go with this, we could offer 3 weeks to paul, the one week slot + 2 first weeks of suitcase 2. Alissa might not want to move her show because it has to do wi...
by mirja
Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:10 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: festival 2009
Replies: 40
Views: 17098

Re: festival 2009

I also took a couple of shots of Ailsa's show, and some of her opening that i think were nice, as I happened to be with my camera. I will be in town today trying to get stuff done before i fly so i can see if i can shoot Sommantico as well. The Suitcase Series Garry Hunter is a photographer so i thi...
by mirja
Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:41 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: JULY TK Meeting
Replies: 5
Views: 2506

Re: JULY TK Meeting

simone, all,
it turns out i cannot make it at 7 tonight...

mirja
by mirja
Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:22 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: JULY TK Meeting
Replies: 5
Views: 2506

JULY TK Meeting

im dribbling comments and topics...

Are we having the july meeting on thursday 30th?

I have to be somewhere 7 or 7.30pm, is it possible to do an earlier one?

to discuss - the promo of the festival shows?
by mirja
Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:16 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: promotion promotion
Replies: 79
Views: 21746

Re: promotion promotion

so, im meeting with ilaria tomorrow morning 10.30 for the promo promo brainstorming session. idea is to figure out something that can be done on a permanent basis.
the promo for the festival shows could also be talked about but this could also be done in meeting -we have one on thursday?
by mirja
Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:07 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: TK Group Show
Replies: 29
Views: 9256

Re: TK Group Show

Hi guys, am back from my overloaded trip, is the show coming down tomorrow? If we do not have shots from this, i can take some with my wide angle lens, i took some from the tattoo show just for archive and they looked good. I'm supposed to meet with Ilaria tomorrow morning 10.30 for a discussion on ...
by mirja
Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:03 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: TK Group Show
Replies: 29
Views: 9256

Re: TK Group Show

So, I left 3 little panels in the cupboard in the gallery - one tiny green, and two bigger ones that can go together - a 'double'. And there is a 'bundle' - its meant to sit just like that, taped together, leaning against the wall in the gallery, like its coming/going/bound up in itself. But, since ...
by mirja
Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:57 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: promotion promotion
Replies: 79
Views: 21746

Re: promotion promotion

im going to meet with ilaria when im back from finland to figure out how to streamline the promo for the shows and how to make that work for the volunteers...we can do it but anyone wants to pitch in, ilaria has the details on the meeting... just fyi

Go to advanced search