Search found 1129 matches

by Shannon
Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:51 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: social centre in glasgow?
Replies: 10
Views: 5173

Carnival Arts Centre is still there. But there was also the Chalkboard...don't know where it was??
by Shannon
Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:21 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: desktops in action room
Replies: 13
Views: 8404

How much space would each user have? James mentioned finding file sharing programs on one of the machines - how would we stop that with multiple users? Can you just block them completely?
by Shannon
Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:48 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: desktops in action room
Replies: 13
Views: 8404

desktops in action room

The desktops of the action room computers are a mess. I've been working on cleaning them up, deleting files that aren't needed, putting them in folders, etc. Please - if you're downloading or saving files to these computers put it in a folder with your name, the working group's name, etc. Otherwise,...
by Shannon
Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:49 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: social centre in glasgow?
Replies: 10
Views: 5173

Are you sure there isn't a list already? It might be a little off putting to Glasgow folks if a bunch of Forest people just swoop in like they know how to fix things...
by Shannon
Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:25 pm
Forum: Make/Sell
Topic: Edinburgh Zine Fair
Replies: 70
Views: 34904

I think it is. We just have to book it and get something resembling a projector screen set up. The projector can be set up with a laptop.

What kind of zine workshop is Nix doing? A kind of 'zine in a day' thing?
by Shannon
Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:24 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: chess tuesday evening?
Replies: 17
Views: 7637

Please - no posters on the freshly painted doors and blue walls!! We are trying to keep those surfaces clean. Also, I think poster proliferation means too much clutter and no one reads any of it. Much better to have only a few up in strategic spots. Thanks!
by Shannon
Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:25 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Badge maker?
Replies: 6
Views: 3557

I think it should happen, but it needs to be taken to a meeting and approved under a budget.
by Shannon
Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:59 pm
Forum: Kitchen
Topic: Pre- festival menu changes and volunteer coordination
Replies: 2
Views: 3613

Pre- festival menu changes and volunteer coordination

So maybe it would be possible to think of some pre-festival changes? Prerequisites should be that it will cut down on prep time and be fresh, tasty and inexpensive. Why don't we give everyone a few days to brainstorm and make it a massive part of the Cafe and Events meeting on July 2nd? This could g...
by Shannon
Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:55 pm
Forum: Make/Sell
Topic: Edinburgh Zine Fair
Replies: 70
Views: 34904

All sounds very good. Sounds like it's starting to come together. AK is confirmed, though I'll touch base with them again. Nine from the Skinny wants to bring her own stuff, but stupidly I didn't ask about the paper itself! I'll get in touch with her and ask. Did anyone get in touch with Variant? Th...
by Shannon
Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:58 pm
Forum: Make/Sell
Topic: Edinburgh Zine Fair
Replies: 70
Views: 34904

I contacted a dude in Glasgow that runs a bit of a fair/stall there. No new back yet. We really need people to search out workshop organisers/facilitators so we can get a schedule together...
by Shannon
Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:19 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: Event listings
Replies: 1
Views: 2288

Carlos was doing it. Charlotte and Marion are doing it for the next couple weeks.
by Shannon
Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:49 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Summer Party on Crammond Island!
Replies: 12
Views: 5881

yes, you guys can go elsewhere, but there is still a big party on the island tonight. just letting it be known. personally, i'm going for a greasy fry up and maybe some steam in the turkish baths.
by Shannon
Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:12 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Summer Party on Crammond Island!
Replies: 12
Views: 5881

big party on the island. peoples can still go there. last crossing at 11pm. xxxx
by Shannon
Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:53 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: activist research
Replies: 4
Views: 2626

Email address by pm.
by Shannon
Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:12 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: activist research
Replies: 4
Views: 2626

And another one: Dear Colleague, Please excuse me for emailing you out of the blue like this. I got your details from the EVOC website. My name is Nikki Thomson and I am a part-time student at the University of Edinburgh on the MBA programme. I also work full-time for Edinburgh Tenants Federation, a...
by Shannon
Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:09 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: activist research
Replies: 4
Views: 2626

activist research

This came to info@theforest. Anyone fancy helping her out?? During my honours degree in geography at Glasgow University I am required to submit a substantial piece of work based on a particular area of interest. Thus, considering how current culture contributes to such a gap in wealth between the ri...
by Shannon
Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:12 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: chess tuesday evening?
Replies: 17
Views: 7637

If you are planning on having a regular slot, it could come out of the workshop budget. You could keep it with you like Zi keeps the mbira stuff.
by Shannon
Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:06 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: chess tuesday evening?
Replies: 17
Views: 7637

chess clock will get lost/stolen instantaneously!
by Shannon
Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:04 am
Forum: Make/Sell
Topic: Edinburgh Zine Fair
Replies: 70
Views: 34904

Magda and Jane? Anyone else? No point in having a two person meeting.
by Shannon
Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:12 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: mural in downstairs hall way for august
Replies: 12
Views: 7241

If you've already got a guy, go for it. I think Cyrielle's design is pretty flexible. Could go anywhere.
by Shannon
Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:10 pm
Forum: Make/Sell
Topic: Edinburgh Zine Fair
Replies: 70
Views: 34904

6pm? Don't want to cut into Friday night too much...

I think it's fine that some posters are out without web details, but we should make a new batch as we firm up the schedule. See webstie for program details or whatever.
by Shannon
Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:07 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: we into this?
Replies: 26
Views: 9630

Totally agree with Dai.
by Shannon
Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:41 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: august recycling
Replies: 7
Views: 6926

He didn't mention any extra costs. I will double check when I call back today. I took a look at one of the standing bins and they're not actually that big. We will fill LOTS. But still, let's do it? Need to get on it asap.
by Shannon
Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:37 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: we into this?
Replies: 26
Views: 9630

Sounds like the people have spoken. Again, if they want to be a paying hall customer, fine. Otherwise, let's hook them up with Chakan.
by Shannon
Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:00 am
Forum: Workshops
Topic: Basic Bike Maintenance - Saturday 14th June 2pm.
Replies: 6
Views: 5411

Yes, it is sad. Still, there were seven confirmations last time I checked. Should be good!
by Shannon
Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:54 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: august recycling
Replies: 7
Views: 6926

Contact is Dara at 663 1061. Pick up would be Monday and Friday and the cost is £1.80/bin (the tall kind with wheels). We can mix glass and aluminium and they provide the bins. I reckon we should go for it. This isn't going to be enough to cover it, but it's a start. Bins with lids will help the sme...
by Shannon
Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:44 pm
Forum: Make/Sell
Topic: Edinburgh Zine Fair
Replies: 70
Views: 34904

Can we add something to the poster that let's people know there will be a gig Saturday night? Need to get it up on the website asap. Web details should also be on the poster.

Also, should we try and sort out some crash space?
by Shannon
Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:40 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: A new game
Replies: 12
Views: 5168

as usual, chris lies...lies, lies lies. xxx
by Shannon
Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:39 pm
Forum: Make/Sell
Topic: Edinburgh Zine Fair
Replies: 70
Views: 34904

Are you going to email all individually Dai? I haven't been in touch with any of them. Joey knows the London organisers and may have contacts for peoples who couldn't be included because of space...if there were any? Magda mentioned CrimeThinc today. Harry used to be part of the collective and might...
by Shannon
Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:25 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: how's it going down there?
Replies: 0
Views: 2454

how's it going down there?

Trying to organise things for the zine fair and wondering if the screenprinting room will be up and running and willing to host a screen printing workshop. Dates are 25-26th of July. Anyone up for facilitating it too?
by Shannon
Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:10 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: building day - june 16th or 23?
Replies: 5
Views: 4466

Okay, building will be closed all day Monday. Simone and Emi are doing some doors, we'll do stuff in the main cafe space and any other odds and ends that people can think of. Make a list here.
by Shannon
Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:25 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: A new game
Replies: 12
Views: 5168

It isn't how many, it's how fast. Ryan, Chris and I played and we were amazing. You need an impartial judge to see who gets in first.
by Shannon
Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:24 am
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: visual arts action day 22nd sunday
Replies: 6
Views: 5476

We were thinking building day on the 23rd. Would this work for any of you?
by Shannon
Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:23 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: we into this?
Replies: 26
Views: 9630

Maybe they are the kind of group we want to steer towards booking the hall and paying for it?
by Shannon
Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:22 am
Forum: Make/Sell
Topic: Edinburgh Zine Fair
Replies: 70
Views: 34904

I went to see Elaine at Word Power yesterday. They're away the 25-26th but might give a box of stuff to AK on their behalf. Elaine will try to think of contacts, but doesn't know much about the zine scene and seems to think it's mainly southern based. Are we interested in the book binding workshop u...
by Shannon
Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:07 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: building day - june 16th or 23?
Replies: 5
Views: 4466

Also: a decision on the black doors. Are we getting new ones? Should we attempt to sand down the current doors and repaint black?
by Shannon
Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:07 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: building day - june 16th or 23?
Replies: 5
Views: 4466

Paint bought. Painting will commence as soon as possible. Maybe before now?

Any other thoughts about Monday?
by Shannon
Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:26 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: mural in downstairs hall way for august
Replies: 12
Views: 7241

Done.
by Shannon
Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:05 pm
Forum: Make/Sell
Topic: Edinburgh Zine Fair
Replies: 70
Views: 34904

From Alex: Nick called today and said there are tables in Livingstone ready for collection. He doesn't know who the contact is at Forest. Is this a zine fair thing?
by Shannon
Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:03 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: building day - june 16th or 23?
Replies: 5
Views: 4466

Another question: I'm not sure if we need more rollers or how many to buy. The workshop is impossible to navigate...
by Shannon
Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:00 am
Forum: Make/Sell
Topic: The SHOP NEW LOGO COMPETITION
Replies: 15
Views: 10524

Honest Ed's...Canada's greatest landmark.
by Shannon
Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:56 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: building day - june 16th or 23?
Replies: 5
Views: 4466

building day - june 16th or 23?

The front of house team needs to close the cafe for a day to get going on things. Plus, there are probably a million other things that could use getting done while we're in a quiet period. Events are scheduled solid for the next couple weeks. Can we shut on a Monday and miss a film night? This Monda...
by Shannon
Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:44 pm
Forum: Workshops
Topic: Basic Bike Maintenance - Saturday 14th June 2pm.
Replies: 6
Views: 5411

I can facebook it tomorrow.
by Shannon
Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:43 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: we into this?
Replies: 26
Views: 9630

I don´t really like the sound of it, but if you think it could be good and would like to liaise, go for it.
by Shannon
Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:42 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: mural in downstairs hall way for august
Replies: 12
Views: 7241

I think the foh meeting agreed with the short term caretaker idea. However, we also managed to come to an agreement on something we don´t think is shit and it´s only for a few months anyway. We also have a potential design for the upstairs landing. I think we´re pretty close to agreeing colours. The...
by Shannon
Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:34 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Badge maker?
Replies: 6
Views: 3557

What budget would this go under? It could almost be split between the shop and artist facilities...
by Shannon
Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:32 pm
Forum: Make/Sell
Topic: Edinburgh Zine Fair
Replies: 70
Views: 34904

I heart Jeffrey.

Is there a copy of the London program online?

Do we have any budget for this?
by Shannon
Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:25 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Badge maker?
Replies: 6
Views: 3557

is our badge maker any good? would it be worth getting a super-duper-deluxe version and locking it in our deepest darkest vault?
by Shannon
Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:24 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Night Manager needed tonight or I will cry.
Replies: 4
Views: 2546

it's shannon until 9 and then xabina as the closer. party on.
by Shannon
Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:24 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: we into this?
Replies: 26
Views: 9630

why do they want to work with us?