Search found 595 matches

by nix
Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:59 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: Artist Facilities Working Group Meeting - Wed 4th Nov. 7pm.
Replies: 3
Views: 3086

Artist Facilities Working Group Meeting - Wed 4th Nov. 7pm.

Artist Facilities Working Group Meeting - Wed 4th Nov. 7pm. Action Room. Artist Facilities Working Group: This group meets to welcome newcomers and to maintain and improve The Forest Rehearsal Studio (The Cave), The Darkroom, The Studios, The Screenprint Room, & The Tools Workshop. This Group is re...
by nix
Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:32 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: Artist for the toilet.
Replies: 33
Views: 24576

Re: Artist for the toilet.

tallulah lines -- 24 October 2009 15:17

"Haha no problem about making it less grim..I have a truly pleasant idea involving the sea, birds and a really lovely dream that my friend had so if the original idea for the toilet space doesn't appeal I can alter it to this new one!"
by nix
Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:53 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: BOTTOM LINER FOR 'TOOLS WORKSHOP PROJECT'
Replies: 1
Views: 2814

BOTTOM LINER FOR 'TOOLS WORKSHOP PROJECT'

Tools Workshop Project. it has been discussed that we need a new and radical approach to the way we use the Tools Workshop. It has been proposed that a project be created to maintain the Workshop and the tools therein, guarantee security and address some H&S issues. There is a new volunteer, Fanny, ...
by nix
Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:39 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: Artist for the toilet.
Replies: 33
Views: 24576

Re: Artist for the toilet.

her mate Simon has no proposal but a link is here:
by nix
Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:37 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: Artist for the toilet.
Replies: 33
Views: 24576

Re: Artist for the toilet.

and these:
sketches oct 09 005.JPG
sketches oct 09 007.JPG
by nix
Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:34 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: Artist for the toilet.
Replies: 33
Views: 24576

Re: Artist for the toilet.

Talulah has this proposal: 2009/10/22 tallulah lines <> hello, i'm sending you a couple of pictures of mine for you to have a wee look at...they're all just photos of stuff from my sketchbook because all my actual good stuff is unfortunately down in newcastle at home...my idea for the toilet space o...
by nix
Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:37 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: Photo Exhibition for landing by Action Room.
Replies: 0
Views: 1893

Photo Exhibition for landing by Action Room.

there is an artist. Peter.

who has a photo exhibition for the landing.

I will post examples ASAP.

thanks.
by nix
Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:32 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: Artist for the toilet.
Replies: 33
Views: 24576

Artist for the toilet.

There is an artist, Talulah, who wants to paint in the toilet area.

I will post as soon as she sends me a proposal.

thanks.
by nix
Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:04 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Behind the Scenes meeting tomorrow 8pm
Replies: 8
Views: 5215

Re: Behind the Scenes meeting tomorrow 8pm

neil wrote:I suggest we try to kick start the newsletter at the next one?
YES big N.

YES!

Lest all try and find a team for this! I'll be there. (I think)
by nix
Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:56 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: LET THE HOMELESS TELL THEIR STORY
Replies: 2
Views: 3247

LET THE HOMELESS TELL THEIR STORY

Saturday 17th Oct at 5pm Old College Quad, South Bridge. There will be an event for UN World Poverty Eradication Day , consisting of words from Edinburgh Makar , Ron Butlin, and video projection of clips from around the world, letting homeless people have a voice (cobbled together by me). Come and ...
by nix
Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:30 am
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Cafe and Events Meeting - 15 October - Minutes
Replies: 3
Views: 6797

Re: Cafe and Events Meeting - 15 October - Minutes

Hannah wrote: Sunday 8th – Nix's Reggae Night (?!)
this is confirmed.

Mad Bands and the Heaviest Dubs this side of Bognor.
by nix
Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:08 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: BOTTOM LINER FOR THE DARKROOM!
Replies: 9
Views: 10650

BOTTOM LINER FOR THE DARKROOM!

Help! The Forest Darkroom Project needs someone to take responsibility for it. Is that you? We are fixing the room itself on Saturday and Sunday 17th, 18th Oct. The responsibilities are: Setting up and maintaining the facility. Inducting new people into the darkroom. taking care of the finances. att...
by nix
Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:06 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: El Bosque---- Missing folk in argentina!
Replies: 7
Views: 5420

Re: El Bosque---- Missing folk in argentina!

mati ... you are the king.
by nix
Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:43 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Forest Computer Day!
Replies: 3
Views: 3092

Forest Computer Day!

Right then! We are having some issues. We have 3 Linux machines in the action room that have serious issues. These need fixed. We have 2 (potentioly more) Sun machines (I think they have Ubuntu installed) There is the problem with the Jukebox Laptop .. can you help? you got computer skills? PLEASE! ...
by nix
Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:28 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: taking a break
Replies: 5
Views: 6348

Re: taking a break

rest well.

and soon back!

good work on the walkman security, by the way!
by nix
Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:59 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: Swine Flu Vaccinations - Protest
Replies: 2
Views: 2590

Re: Swine Flu Vaccinations - Protest

I feel ill. :cry:
by nix
Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:54 am
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Artists Facilities Meeting - Wednesday 7th october
Replies: 14
Views: 16615

Re: Artists Facilities Meeting - Wednesday 7th october

Elodie told me that you also spoke of the workshop I would like to arange the 1st november. It is about introducing KM, NM, admins and EVS to the mixer and the projector. Alex (sound engineer) said he might help out with the mixer part and there were some who was against this. I just want to explai...
by nix
Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:32 am
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: in case you missed it
Replies: 5
Views: 5661

Re: in case you missed it

that Captains Band video is quality... the LIDL bag just makes it for me.
by nix
Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:56 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: Front of house meeting on the 12th of october at 7
Replies: 3
Views: 3995

Re: Front of house meeting on the 12th of october at 7

I will be there.

who else?
by nix
Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:53 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Artists Facilities Meeting - Wednesday 7th october
Replies: 14
Views: 16615

Re: Artists Facilities Meeting - Wednesday 7th october

OOPS! :oops: we didn't talk about Pianos. I propose, we get an electric one for the stage, this new one we have been offerd could go in the cave. and the one in the cave now could be freecycled. Elodie has the number for James Brown the Piano Tuna. yes? We should get him in and pay him to tune the p...
by nix
Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:38 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Artists Facilities Meeting - Wednesday 7th october
Replies: 14
Views: 16615

Re: Artists Facilities Meeting - Wednesday 7th october

HERE ARE THE MINUTES: Present: Elodie, Ken, Gandolf, Alex L, Ryan, Nix, Sam & Mike. Apologies: Stephen & Ila. Agenda: 1) Forest Publishing Update 2) Workshop and Darkroom Update 3) Balcony Studios Update 4) Screen Print Update 5) Black Curtain 6) curtain for sound dampening on stage. 7) Tech Team A...
by nix
Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:22 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Bike repair kit?
Replies: 2
Views: 2496

Re: Bike repair kit?

it needs to be rebuilt.

Action WG could look into finding some one to do it. When we do the Tools Workshop Tidy, we will try and get the bare bone of one back into the designated toolbox in the tools workshop.

thanks.
by nix
Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:43 am
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Cafe and Events Meeting - 15 October
Replies: 6
Views: 9954

Re: Cafe and Events Meeting - 15 October

milk wrote: has the volunteer mailing list been used for such reminders?.
good point Milky... this could have helped.


So, the Artists Facilities WG is requesting a date change. (this is here)

to the SECOND WEDNESDAY, making the next meeting Nov. 11th.

thanks.
by nix
Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:23 am
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Artists Facilities Meeting - Wednesday 7th october
Replies: 14
Views: 16615

Re: Artists Facilities Meeting - Wednesday 7th october

I'll be there!
by nix
Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:10 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: New FoH meeting on the 14th of September COME COME COME
Replies: 13
Views: 10496

Re: New FoH meeting on the 14th of September COME COME COME

Cool.. FOREST ART FESTIVAL! it seems that FoH will take on getting murals on walls and stuff like that in future, not VA... is that so? here are some documents that Ilaria prepared and I have put my thoughts on ... these are not finished. please help get them great. Ilaria has researched Media (news...
by nix
Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:04 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: helping out... how do I get in touch...?
Replies: 1
Views: 2600

Re: helping out... how do I get in touch...?

thanks James!

we will keep you posted!
by nix
Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:18 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: heeyyy I'm going Drinky Tuesday 15th
Replies: 2
Views: 2703

Re: heeyyy I'm going Drinky Tuesday 15th

we miss you already!!!
by nix
Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:17 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: New FoH meeting on the 14th of September COME COME COME
Replies: 13
Views: 10496

Re: New FoH meeting on the 14th of September COME COME COME

no meeting? :(

I was looking forward to it!

not next monday please, as I wont be here. (or any day between now and then)

Let us meet soon.

thanks.

N.
by nix
Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:10 am
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Action Working Group Meeting September 13th 2009
Replies: 1
Views: 3292

Re: Action Working Group Meeting September 13th 2009

- Fire Escape to the Garden Problem: The big pools of water there when it rains makes the ground slippery and dangerous in case of fire. Action point: Milk will try to figure out how to make a cover for the fire-exit. Maybe he will use the metal from old umbrellas. this is an issue with the drains ...
by nix
Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:39 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: New FoH meeting on the 14th of September COME COME COME
Replies: 13
Views: 10496

Re: New FoH meeting on the 14th of September COME COME COME

it would be good to be sure what group deals with this kind of thing so interested parties can get involved and keep the impetus going themselves without having to go through nix who is already overworked. I agree, apart from the statement that I am overworked. ...at forest I have no regular commit...
by nix
Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:25 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Artists Facilities WG Meeting - 9th September - Minutes
Replies: 6
Views: 6836

Re: Artists Facilities WG Meeting - 9th September - Minutes

Bands Storage, is a facility that I think we need to somehow provide.. If a band is playing in the cafe, they need a place to put their instruments ect.

the lockable cupboard in the crafty might be the answer.
by nix
Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:01 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: Artists Facillities meeting wed 9th sep
Replies: 12
Views: 8432

Re: Artists Facillities meeting wed 9th sep

I would like to add this guy, Paul's, request to the agenda... I have advised him to contact TotalKunst, and if that does not work for him that Forest might be able to find a way to do a wee exhibition. --- Hi Nix Good to talk to you on the phone the other day. My new cartoon / activist book 'SPEECH...
by nix
Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:21 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: Artists Facillities meeting wed 9th sep
Replies: 12
Views: 8432

Re: Artists Facillities meeting wed 9th sep

I am looking forward to this one!

sees you there.
by nix
Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:57 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Hello everyone
Replies: 1
Views: 2351

Re: Hello everyone

Welcome Muzza.

BYOB is the current licensing model.

You are welcome to come and get involved!
by nix
Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:50 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: Yas' Leaving Drinkee - Thurs 27th
Replies: 5
Views: 4733

Re: Yas' Leaving Drinkee - Thurs 27th

boo... I'm away!
will you still be around on SuperReggaeSunday?
by nix
Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:54 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: HALL Bass Amp broken!!!
Replies: 2
Views: 2156

Re: HALL Bass Amp broken!!!

is this the Ashdown one or the Bherringer? The ashdown has had some problemsfor a while.. Thereis a nice cabinet in the hall, waiting for us to buy a Head for it... http://www.reddogmusic.co.uk/Basses-Amps-and-Effects/Bass-Amps/Bass-Heads/Hartke-HA2500.html would do it... (don't forget to buy anothe...
by nix
Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:20 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Raise the Roof Campaign
Replies: 2
Views: 2140

Raise the Roof Campaign

People...

Lets launch the RAISE the ROOF CAMPAIGN

http://www.theforest.org.uk/raise-roof-campaign
let us get it out there!

thanks!
raise the roof WEB.jpg
by nix
Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:11 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: We need volunteer, NOW!
Replies: 11
Views: 6365

We need volunteer, NOW!

Hello lovely people!

You all know that you can come to the kitchen any time between, 11am - 7pm, and speak to a Kitchen Manager.

SPREAD THE WORD.

we need people to make this thing work. it is all about people!

thanks!
mad scientist WEB.jpg
by nix
Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:24 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Equipment for bands (Hall and Cafè)
Replies: 3
Views: 4017

Re: Equipment for bands (Hall and Cafè)

Ila wrote: 16 channel PA.
[/b]
this is a slight misinform... the desk has 16 but the Multicore on the stage has just 6

thanks.
by nix
Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:29 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Forest frequently asked and unasked questions - FFAUQ
Replies: 17
Views: 24981

Re: Forest frequently asked and unasked questions - FFAUQ

just to clear this up..

James Brown looked at it since then and stated it was beyond repair.

sorry .
by nix
Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:55 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Need Forest Tech list
Replies: 12
Views: 11545

Re: Need Forest Tech list

we now have a new mixer for the Hall, so there is a 11 chanel Mackie Mixer for the Cafe Stage.
thanks.
by nix
Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:31 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: tables in hall
Replies: 1
Views: 2856

Re: tables in hall

MASSIVE RESPECT TO ELODIE!!!!


again, we will talk about this problem in AF meeting tonight.

you wanna come, Jane? 5pm
by nix
Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:25 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Artists Facilities Working group meeting TONIGHT!
Replies: 0
Views: 1436

Artists Facilities Working group meeting TONIGHT!

Sorry for the late notice...

Due to FestStress, those who seemed interested in the AF meeting Stephen, Nix, Elodie, Mati .. decided to postpone it to today.

Action Room, 5pm

please come along if you can!

thanks.
by nix
Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:19 am
Forum: Facilities
Topic: sound team rota/contacts
Replies: 4
Views: 4840

Re: sound team rota/contacts

yes,
there is a Rota for downstairs behind sound desk

and we will get one sorted for upstairs at the Artists Facilities meeting tonight.

A contact list is in the sound team drawer. NM's should ken this.

thanks.
by nix
Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:18 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: CALL TO ACTION!
Replies: 2
Views: 3334

CALL TO ACTION!

Hear Ye... ACTION WORKING GROUP MEETING Sunday 9th August, Action Room, 19:00 Calling all people who want to be involved in an active Forest. The Action Working Group deals with projects such as, the Action Room, Forest Bikes, The Crafty Room, and other things to do with Community Action and Forest....
by nix
Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:15 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: projector for the café roof
Replies: 12
Views: 10230

Re: projector for the café roof

YES PLEASE SWITH! when can you bring it in? so, last time the projector was attached to a bit of wood that was screwed to a hinged bracket. the rest of this bracket is still on the ceiling. I took it down and passed it on to Mattias who was due to fix it and agreed to put it back on the ceiling. the...
by nix
Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:33 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: Action Room computer fixup, 1pm Tues 28th (tomorrow)
Replies: 8
Views: 7795

Re: Action Room computer fixup, 1pm Tues 28th (tomorrow)

milk is so cool!

he has done loads..


still loads more to do!!!


BIG-Up EVERY ONE !!


lets make the action room fully digital!!!

N.
by nix
Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:23 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: CAVE IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Replies: 2
Views: 3337

Re: CAVE IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

hello..

so the cave was back in operation, thanks to the hard work of Pockets...


But it will be closed again due to Festival madness untill early Sept.


sorry for any inconvenience caused.


Sound Team.
by nix
Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:07 am
Forum: Facilities
Topic: cave will be alive...
Replies: 8
Views: 8421

Re: cave will be alive...

The Cave is working, and Pockets is a SuperStar!

The Cave is due to close for a Theatere event in the latter part of August.
I am unclear about the details, maybe Pockets can clarify?

thanks.