Search found 595 matches

by nix
Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:15 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Freeshop!
Replies: 8
Views: 6411

Re: Freeshop!

I think Freeshop is Action WG.

but if we can have sencible discussion about it, at any meeting, that would be good.
by nix
Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:13 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: plans for the refurishment of Forest Hall
Replies: 4
Views: 5014

Re: plans for the refurishment of Forest Hall

oh, once the Piano is up it needs tned.. James Brown will do it. speak to Marmot.
by nix
Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:11 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: plans for the refurishment of Forest Hall
Replies: 4
Views: 5014

plans for the refurishment of Forest Hall

Hello.. as some of yous know, I am on holiday for a wee bit. so someone else needs to take on this project. I just thought I would share with you my ideas about how we could make the Hall Space fantastic.¨¨ Curtains: so, we should have 4 big bits of black curtain that where put up last zear. these w...
by nix
Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:42 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Sound Team Tasks
Replies: 8
Views: 8521

Sound Team Tasks

This is a list of tasks from the top of my head that I think need doing. am I right? how will we do them? who will do them? 1 - Lable and tidy the Equipment in to 3 destinct colour-coded kits (Cafe, Hall, Cave). I have found the FOREST stencils and pinned them to the wall just inside the Action Room...
by nix
Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:07 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Can we give the Forest a new push???
Replies: 85
Views: 48503

Re: Can we give the Forest a new push???

This is a great discorse.. but the question remains... Who is gonna paint the Toilets?

in the workshop we have a tin of "stain stop" paint, to go over the graffitti, then paint it nice.

go on --- find an artist, give them love and get them to paint it nice.
by nix
Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:02 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Freeshop!
Replies: 8
Views: 6411

Re: Freeshop!

One idea is that the Freeshop Team (a great Idea by the way) run freeshop on a more regular basis, like a couple of hours every afternoon, and therefore there is a faster turnover of stock and less chance of it gettting to choaking point. or, a lockble wee cupbord near the Old Hat Library, that is o...
by nix
Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:32 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: hugs and hellos
Replies: 32
Views: 19733

Re: hugs and hellos

I woke up early this morning in order to do lots of important things.

I chose to snuggle in with my love and spend a good while just enjoying the sound of the rainy morning outside.
by nix
Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:54 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Sound Team Coordinator role.
Replies: 1
Views: 3058

Sound Team Coordinator role.

So, here is a proposal for the definition of the Sound Team Coordinator role. This needs to be refined and agreed by the Artist Facilities Working Group. any feedback? thanks. n. -------------- Sound Team Coordinator role. Project Aims: [/b] To maintain the Forest Stage and Sound Equipment, Providin...
by nix
Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:14 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: floor sanding cafe yeahhhhh !!!!
Replies: 35
Views: 25964

Re: floor sanding cafe yeahhhhh !!!!

Ah yeah!
by nix
Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:34 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: artists facilities meeting, 4th june
Replies: 8
Views: 6118

Re: artists facilities meeting, 4th june

Firstly, sorry. this meeting did not happen. I am having a bit of a personal crisis at the moment, and am taking some time away from Edinburgh. Stephen Paterson, Gareth & Daniel where there and it seems we have a few things to talk about. I would still like to be involved in the Artist Facilites Wor...
by nix
Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:30 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: can anybody teach me to use the sound mixer to make dj set?
Replies: 3
Views: 4353

Re: can anybody teach me to use the sound mixer to make dj set?

ask Elodie... she can help you. please also remember that Forest operates a "No Copyright Music" policy, in an attempt to allow space for music that is new, unsupported and groundbreaking. A lot of people do play DJ sets, and this is cool, people dance, yay! ... but when they play rare, unsigned, in...
by nix
Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:52 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: forest stall rota for Meadows Festival
Replies: 2
Views: 2541

Re: forest stall rota for Meadows Festival

hello.

just seen this.

So, all the stuff will be ready in the action room at 11 on sat.

meet me there for pick up.


On sunday we have Ken's van, doing runs from meadows to here. use Mercedes.


thanks.
by nix
Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:04 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Can we give the Forest a new push???
Replies: 85
Views: 48503

Re: Can we give the Forest a new push???

Ah, the toilets! I reason that, as we have been thinking about this subject for a while, and had many great ideas, now is the time to do something. one idea is to convert the 2 cubical & handbasin into a 5 cubical unisex facility. Mr Ken Smiley, has a plan he has been brewing for a while that I thin...
by nix
Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:07 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: artists facilities meeting, 4th june
Replies: 8
Views: 6118

Re: artists facilities meeting, 4th june

Hello..

due to these guys being unavailable, and us all being hectic to get ready for the Meadows..

I propose we have this meeting next week, THURSDAY 11th.

OK?
by nix
Sat May 30, 2009 11:58 am
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: who is updating the frontpage?
Replies: 6
Views: 6541

Re: who is updating the frontpage?

PLEASE SOMEONE...

PLEASE..

WE NOW HAVE THE PUBLIC MACHINE BACK IN THE FRONT ROOM, AND WHENEVER OUR LOVLY CUSTOMERS START UP FIREFOX, THEY SEE HOW INEPT WE ARE.


THANKS.
by nix
Sat May 30, 2009 11:53 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Public internet terminal
Replies: 1
Views: 2588

Public internet terminal

It is back.

it is not in a good way. but it works.

the keyboard could do with replacing.. and the screen is flickery... that could be fixed with a new cable.. meybe?


anyway.. thanks to all who helped resurect it.
by nix
Fri May 29, 2009 1:39 am
Forum: Facilities
Topic: DRUMS! please?
Replies: 2
Views: 3901

Re: DRUMS! please?

Hello Jane, I also hear from Andy that a kit would be useful at his event in the Roxy on Sat. That might be hard as our drumkits are in a bit of mess at the moment. I heard from Sam tonight that there seems to be only one complete kit in the building. I will have a good look on Friday afternoon and ...
by nix
Wed May 27, 2009 5:04 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: change the film night
Replies: 18
Views: 11788

Re: change the film night

we must do this.

there are so many films that we could show. more than 52 a year!

who is going to take on the role as Films Co-ordinator?
by nix
Fri May 15, 2009 11:46 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: A new meeting!
Replies: 37
Views: 23980

Re: A new meeting!

Hello... I can meet Tove or anyone on saturday during the day .. But I will not be in forest. I will be 2 mins down the road at Solidarity Goods, 35 Guthrie st. or come to a meeting if it is on Monday. (then I am off till the following Tuesday) I plan to hang some A0 posters on Monday. (Including th...
by nix
Fri May 15, 2009 11:42 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: A new meeting!
Replies: 37
Views: 23980

Re: A new meeting!

Hello!!!

so when is the FOH meeting???

and..


aftr much thought and discussion...

the mural would be great in the main cafe space..

what about above the bar? and spreading left and right..

there is a lot of room thre and it would be good to have something vibrant there!\
by nix
Wed May 13, 2009 6:23 pm
Forum: Make/Sell
Topic: wicker chairs
Replies: 10
Views: 9891

Re: wicker chairs

I have moved those chairs to the crafty.

we can not have any "clutter" any where for the Fire Safety Audit tomorrow.
by nix
Tue May 12, 2009 10:26 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: A new meeting!
Replies: 37
Views: 23980

Re: A new meeting!

So..

are we on for the A0s???

shall we do it?

when IS th FOH meeting?

yay!!!

you are all so lovely!
by nix
Thu May 07, 2009 1:59 am
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: who is updating the frontpage?
Replies: 6
Views: 6541

who is updating the frontpage?

hello.

who is updating the frontpage? no-one.

there is an announcement from feb. still there.

this is embarrassing.

can some one empower Ila to do it when she does the weekly program?

or someone do something.

thanks.

n.
by nix
Thu May 07, 2009 12:41 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: artists facilities meeting, 7th may
Replies: 3
Views: 3761

Re: artists facilities meeting, 7th may

:( sorry,

I can not attend this meeting.

please see HERE

thanks.

N.
by nix
Thu May 07, 2009 12:37 am
Forum: The Building
Topic: A new meeting!
Replies: 37
Views: 23980

Re: A new meeting!

the problem with the everchanging a0 is getting the energy to keep that way . if someone has it then that will be great i have that energy. I can get the A0 up by Wednesday 13th if this meeting sees fit. I think the mural from New York is a great Idea, and am up for helping with it. I think it woul...
by nix
Thu May 07, 2009 12:27 am
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Artist Facilities - 02/04/09
Replies: 18
Views: 16337

Re: Artist Facilities - 02/04/09

Hello.. so sorry I will miss this one folks, but here is a review of my Action Points at the last meeting and agenda point suggestions: AP: Nix to fit variable resistor to signal chain to control volume in red room. this is turning out to be too hard for me to do the electronics bit on my own, but M...
by nix
Wed May 06, 2009 11:53 pm
Forum: Make/Sell
Topic: shall we have a meeting?
Replies: 6
Views: 6704

Re: shall we have a meeting?

hello. Sorry, I will not be able to attend the meeting. Stuff to discuss maybe: Shop Security. Advertising in publications. Micro Site, an update of this: http://www.theforest.org.uk/bizaare/bizart/ Researching new stock/artists/organizations Recruiting volunteers. Record keeping/accounting. thanks,...
by nix
Wed May 06, 2009 11:37 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: A new meeting!
Replies: 37
Views: 23980

Re: A new meeting!

no!!! please! let us still do the A0 project, please! If Stephen has not got time to do it. I will. I have drawn my proposal and just haven't had time to scan it. there are plenty of other mural spaces all over the building. the A0 will/do work very well on that wall. let us keep the art on the main...
by nix
Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:36 pm
Forum: Make/Sell
Topic: shall we have a meeting?
Replies: 6
Views: 6704

Re: shall we have a meeting?

cool... meet (no meat) ..

I am away until next Tuesday..

so sometime after that?

thanks.

N.
by nix
Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:13 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Drama needs space
Replies: 7
Views: 7388

Re: Drama needs space

ok, so in the locked room, that was the 'safe room' .. there is now nothing but candles.
I have left this room unlocked.

I propose Drama Drama should use this room for storage of props. is it big enough? will this free up the crafty storage area?
by nix
Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:57 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: how the cave gets its groove back.
Replies: 10
Views: 9282

Re: how the cave gets its groove back.

thanks Pockets for taking this on!

at the cave meeting today we have done a lot to sort out the "shit" in the cave.

If Kim can take the sink out, then I think that would be great.

I will pass on the mail for Grant from Musletusk.

WHEN IS THE CAVE ACTION DAY?
by nix
Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:26 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: Front of House Plans
Replies: 3
Views: 4003

Re: Front of House Plans

What about the A0?

why paint another mural that stays there for ages .. A0s are the way!

Stephen.. are you still up for making this happen?

thanks
by nix
Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:24 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: chairs
Replies: 11
Views: 7191

Re: chairs

Ken has agreed to use his van to collect them.

please let us get them if they are good. Not to heavy, stackable.. an improvement .. nice chairs would be nice.

thanks.
by nix
Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:21 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: shop entry/hallways
Replies: 7
Views: 5757

Re: shop entry/hallways

Susana wrote:
(could we just paint the name 'Biz Art Shop' on the stone around the window and details of its content ???:

Shall we have soon another meeting???? 8) 8)
please don't put paint on stone. at all. this is a listed building.

let us meet.
by nix
Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:54 am
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Artist Facilities - 02/04/09
Replies: 18
Views: 16337

Re: Artist Facilities - 02/04/09

please don't worry.

your precious smoke machine is safe.

nice to see such a informed and impassioned response though.
by nix
Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:19 am
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Forest Fundraiser Minutes - 4 April 2009
Replies: 7
Views: 6977

Re: Forest Fundraiser Minutes - 4 April 2009

ChaoticReality wrote:Nix will be arranging Forest jukebox using Mike's laptop.
this was not quite what we decided.

more like:

Nix will ask mike to help him set up the forest jukebox ...
by nix
Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:08 am
Forum: Events
Topic: FUNDRAISING EVENT Meeting...April, 4th, h 2 pm
Replies: 8
Views: 5661

Re: FUNDRAISING EVENT Meeting...April, 4th, h 2 pm

please can we NOT USE the smoke machine in the Roxy.

please. it is not a nice thing.
by nix
Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:22 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Madame Nana's Cafe JACOBINS - Forest inspired Korean seed
Replies: 10
Views: 8150

Re: Madame Nana's Cafe JACOBINS - Forest inspired Korean seed

Nana rules...

!!!

I will be compiling a "Good Luck Card", to send to Cafe JACOBINS...

please contribute... type some text, draw a picture, whatever.. put it in my pigeonhole... and we shall send a collective greeting..

yay!
by nix
Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:29 am
Forum: Facilities
Topic: ● How To Make A Booking
Replies: 6
Views: 13660

Re: The Cave: How To Make A Booking

Sorry to hear about the unfairness.. I guess we will move back to an online system shortly. (this was thought to be unfair towards those that don't have regular internet - bah! can't win)

untill then, please email cave@theforest.org.uk .. or text me and I will try my best to help!

big love.

N.
by nix
Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:01 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: The Forest Fundraiser Meeting Saturday 14 March
Replies: 10
Views: 6976

Re: The Forest Fundraiser Meeting Saturday 14 March

bunting is confirmed.
by nix
Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:16 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: Plans for front room
Replies: 15
Views: 12578

Re: Plans for front room

Please, please can we keep the zoetropes (wheel sculpture) .. yes it does block light.. but at night it is illuminated... and most importantly.. it is working, installed and cool. the images need a revamp and it needs a clean. (I will do this) there is nowhere else I can think of to put it.. where? ...
by nix
Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:55 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Dark room temporarily out of use
Replies: 5
Views: 4832

Re: Dark room temporarily out of use

this is due to an order from the fire department. as soon as we have extended the fire detection system into that room the darkroom will resume.

thanks.
by nix
Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:14 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: A book for the forest cafe library?
Replies: 7
Views: 5856

Re: A book for the forest cafe library?

F.O.A. Tove,
The Forest,
3 Bristo Place,
EH1 1EY.

thanks.
by nix
Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:32 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: A book for the forest cafe library?
Replies: 7
Views: 5856

Re: A book for the forest cafe library?

Please send your books and a note that says "these are to be reference only books" for the Forest Library.

Thanks.
by nix
Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:13 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: List of Venues to Place Posters for Events
Replies: 6
Views: 5147

Re: List of Venues to Place Posters for Events

boring note: please remind everyone that there can be NO FLYPOSTING! please put posters in shops, cafes, bars, loads of places.... but NOT on lampposts, walls, bins, phoneboxes or any street architecture. The environmental wardens will take us to court and make us cry. They came in yesterday and iss...
by nix
Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:31 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Manager for Biz Art shop
Replies: 1
Views: 1918

Manager for Biz Art shop

Hello! The Biz'Art Shop, in the Forest requires a new manager. Are you the person to take this great project to greater heights? Are you willing to give some regular hours to run the shop, train volunteers, communicate with artists and organisations that sell things through the shop? Please get in c...
by nix
Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:20 pm
Forum: Make/Sell
Topic: Meeting 11th Feb
Replies: 2
Views: 3817

Re: Meeting 11th Feb

I have spoken to Magda. she is cool with not operating outside opening hours. she requests that the shop staff do actually turn up for their shifts on time and open the shop during advertised hours. A personal crisis in her life, means she is away for the next while. due to this we did not renew the...
by nix
Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:59 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Has anyone seen my tall halogen lamp???
Replies: 1
Views: 1459

Re: Has anyone seen my tall halogen lamp???

it is still in the shop.

by the desk.. no?
by nix
Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:58 am
Forum: Events
Topic: free shop sunday
Replies: 3
Views: 3410

Re: free shop sunday

IDA!

I sent you a message about this just now....

THE HALL IS BUSY!

so... watch this space for date and time of next freeshop... or do you want to do it in the cafe?


thanks.

n.