Search found 169 matches

by Stephen
Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:36 pm
Forum: Kitchen
Topic: For one night only
Replies: 13
Views: 6419

Re: For one night only

oh yeah.
by Stephen
Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:47 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: FoH Postcard.
Replies: 37
Views: 9520

Re: FoH Postcard.

So maybe its a bit silly and there is not enough about the fact we are looking for artists, Something between what me and stepehen G pulled from the text by Mirija could be used. I also think that by stressing talented and exciting creatives makes us come across as slightly desperate, I say slap em ...
by Stephen
Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:30 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: FoH Postcard.
Replies: 37
Views: 9520

Re: FoH Postcard.

radically independent, DIY open source cultural and social centre, artist resource space, gig venue, urban organism/experiment the kind of space that its really worthwhile to show your work in, the forest is really challenging, and in a way, to challenge as well, just by being there. Totally radica...
by Stephen
Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:26 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: The splash/landing page
Replies: 15
Views: 5058

Re: The splash/landing page

I'm with martin on this one, it would be great if the splash page gave equal emphasis to everything we currently do. I guess the thing is to chose the ones that are most permanent and set, EVENTS WORKSHOPS CAVE (practice room) SILKSCREEN DARKROOM BRISTO HALL CAFE TOTAL KUNST (gallery) OLD HAT BOOKS ...
by Stephen
Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:12 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: FoH Postcard.
Replies: 37
Views: 9520

Re: FoH Postcard.

yep, word up mirja.
by Stephen
Mon May 31, 2010 11:16 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: Artists to make the forest fab for the fringe
Replies: 4
Views: 1521

Re: Artists to make the forest fab for the fringe

I really like the tent piece. would be ask her in and see what she thinks she can do with the space. what was her reaction when you asked her, is she interested.
by Stephen
Tue May 25, 2010 7:03 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: meadows fest
Replies: 33
Views: 7913

Re: meadows fest

Ordered the beer today, 12 in all that is aprox 80 pints per barrel which is 960 pints in all, i think. 3 midnight sun 3, birds and bees, 3 Fraoch and 3 assorted kegs. They will deliver them on the friday night, hopefully the tents will be up by then, maybe we should call the medows fest to find out...
by Stephen
Tue May 25, 2010 6:18 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: FoH Postcard.
Replies: 37
Views: 9520

Re: FoH Postcard.

So does any one have any good quality pictures of the forest that they would be willing to let people design with, I like the image in foh2 as it is of the walls but maybe not immediately apparent and not a general view of the cafe. This was just a quick idea of something that may work, i don't thin...
by Stephen
Sun May 23, 2010 12:26 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: FoH Postcard.
Replies: 37
Views: 9520

Re: FoH Postcard.

Why dont we go to the degree show and see what we like then approach people based on their work, maybe that then becomes wore like a commissioned piece and the might expect to be paid, Im glad alex is going to do some work on the way down to the bassement, maybe mikey would be up for doing something...
by Stephen
Sun May 09, 2010 12:33 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: meadows fest
Replies: 33
Views: 7913

Re: meadows fest

free market definitely a good idea, workshops too, maybe all interested parties should meet up soon. how does friday afternoon sound.
by Stephen
Sat May 08, 2010 1:11 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: meadows fest
Replies: 33
Views: 7913

Re: meadows fest

We need a bar as we gave the one we had away, anyone got a portable bar they can lend us. Would also be great if we could make the bar tent a bit more fun to be in, like the idea of workshops happening, anyone up for helping with this, i will be away on the saturday but will be back on the sunday to...
by Stephen
Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:05 am
Forum: Kitchen
Topic: new can opener and salad spinner please
Replies: 3
Views: 2858

Re: new can opener and salad spinner please

i went to ikea last week and got loads of candles and ten corkscrews, this should see us for a couple of months.
by Stephen
Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:07 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: web meet-o-rama?
Replies: 46
Views: 16760

Re: web meet-o-rama?

damn and id formatted it so nice,
well i may bring a picture tomorrow. today if your reading this over breakfast.
by Stephen
Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:01 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: web meet-o-rama?
Replies: 46
Views: 16760

Re: web meet-o-rama?

Don't run away just yet jaochim, I think all we need to talk about is what do want from a website, how it will work and what is the best way to implement those ideas. This is my lay out for an easy to navigate website that looks good. """""""""""...
by Stephen
Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:20 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: web meet-o-rama?
Replies: 46
Views: 16760

Re: web meet-o-rama?

What a splendid compromise!
I agree
by Stephen
Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:52 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Crafty room thurs 18th and sun 21
Replies: 1
Views: 642

Crafty room thurs 18th and sun 21

Any one up for cleaning renovating the crafty room into a screenprint art lab, we will be there from 12 on thursday the 18th of march and nix will be there on sunday 21st of march, i hope that is right and loads of people will turn up to claim free stuff that will otherwise be thrown into the bin.
by Stephen
Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:54 pm
Forum: Kitchen
Topic: Cafe and events minutes 8th march 2010
Replies: 2
Views: 1835

Cafe and events minutes 8th march 2010

present Scoutt kata anne sophie catalina stephen p Agenda points project beano Sanding floors Prices of food Menus Event types, dj/live music Equipment use at events Sound team action day Cups and pots Project Beano.. Kata... Nix has got some beanos (old comic) suggestion for toilet, tullals work no...
by Stephen
Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:09 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: status feb 2010
Replies: 2
Views: 1678

Re: status feb 2010

Hey there, so the crafty room is slowly being decluttered, the next day for doing some work will be in the second week in march. Hopefully we will clean totally the room, then we can start painting and setting up. We will probably need another skip. I will set a date and post it up soon then we can ...
by Stephen
Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:51 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Looking for VJ/video artist
Replies: 1
Views: 1980

Re: Looking for VJ/video artist

Hi there i might be interested in doing some thing with, i have been doing the visuals for plastick fork, i am into simpler clitchy distortion rather than fancy 3d effects. Maybe we should meet up, if you are around tonight come along to plastick fork, at the forest from 9. Hope to talk to you soon ...
by Stephen
Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:42 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: big IDEA: Jukebox in the Cafe
Replies: 25
Views: 9541

Re: big IDEA: Jukebox in the Cafe

The situation at the moment is that most artists who play at the forest are happy to donate a cd to our already existing duke box. This is made up of local talent and visiting artists, what you are suggesting is we limit this immense catalogue to 15 bands you will choose and charge people to listen ...
by Stephen
Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:06 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: computer fixing again
Replies: 8
Views: 4097

Re: computer fixing again

Hey guys don't forget to talk to lynn about phoning standard life, they have some computers they are willing to donate to us apparently.
by Stephen
Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:18 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Cafe and events meeting 3rd december 2009
Replies: 28
Views: 15411

Re: Cafe and events meeting 3rd december 2009

I for one always try to have two fancy salads on the go.
by Stephen
Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:15 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Cafe and events meeting 3rd december 2009
Replies: 28
Views: 15411

Re: Cafe and events meeting 3rd december 2009

Personally i think we should charge £3 for 3 litter bottles of cider, £1.20 wine, large beers and cider ( 600ml to 3 litters) and 60p for anything under 600ml.
by Stephen
Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:12 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Christmas dinner on wednesday the 23
Replies: 7
Views: 2229

Re: Christmas dinner on wednesday the 23

let us know if you can make it so we can have a rough idea of numbers to cook for
by Stephen
Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:55 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Christmas dinner on wednesday the 23
Replies: 7
Views: 2229

Christmas dinner on wednesday the 23

Hi one and all, christmas and people come and go but you always have to eat, that's why we will be cooking a massive roast on wednesday the 23 for everyone who has just come or have no where to go. Do come along and eat some roast veg stuffing and all things christmessy, Hope to see you there, we wi...
by Stephen
Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:00 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Cafe and events meeting 3rd december 2009
Replies: 28
Views: 15411

Re: Cafe and events meeting 3rd december 2009

We can use both sides of the menu as it will be laminated so there could be more space for having whatever humerus statements we desire, collectively decided. I for one would miss the descriptions and would not be in favour of a menu with just plain descriptions. Appealing to as a wide an audience a...
by Stephen
Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:59 am
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: she's hot and pink and currently live
Replies: 12
Views: 4815

Re: she's hot and pink and currently live

I think one of them for the office is the plan, i guess take the best one, they are not great machines though.
by Stephen
Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:08 pm
Forum: Website/Online
Topic: she's hot and pink and currently live
Replies: 12
Views: 4815

she's hot and pink and currently live

Hi there, thanks and praise must again go Nick flavin and the EUS, there are now two working old I macs, i write this message from one of them, installed in the action room. They seem fine, lots of someoneelses stuff etc, could do with an internal clean, also we could probably do with some usb keybo...
by Stephen
Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:56 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: left over monster bikes?
Replies: 8
Views: 2550

Re: left over monster bikes?

I still have mine in my house, would be up for another spin, she don't get out much
by Stephen
Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:51 pm
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: Tree for Ellie at Forest
Replies: 26
Views: 5512

Re: Tree for Ellie at Forest

Hi there, Just spoke to Saska, she asked me to pass on the message that Ellie's brother can make it for the 9th of January only. Hope this does not cause bother to anyone if the date is changed. Hope i passed this message on correctly.
by Stephen
Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:03 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Cafe and events meeting 3rd december 2009
Replies: 28
Views: 15411

Re: Cafe and events meeting 3rd december 2009

i read it as menu anyway, (hi tove)
by Stephen
Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:45 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Volly WG - 6th Dec
Replies: 2
Views: 3195

Re: Volly WG - 6th Dec

Would realy rather not have the pictures of the people who threaten/ abuse make life hell put up in the vollie toilet, please, in fact i would block this sugestion on the grounds that i want to poo in peace and don't think we should give these people the glory of disturbing what is one of our more v...
by Stephen
Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:34 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Fix and Repair Workshop 13th december
Replies: 3
Views: 1830

Re: Fix and Repair Workshop 13th december

I'll be there,
by Stephen
Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:31 pm
Forum: The Building
Topic: new proposal for the front room
Replies: 19
Views: 5632

Re: new proposal for the front room

i love the fact that it is now officially called the polish corner, i wonder these mannequins will be as much trouble.
by Stephen
Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:06 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: Blender - Raise The Roof!
Replies: 6
Views: 1592

Re: Blender - Raise The Roof!

Has this been done as facebook invitation as well, can we send to peoples inbox, thats how ten tracks got me.
by Stephen
Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:54 am
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Aoife wants to do screen printing free workshop
Replies: 3
Views: 2003

Re: Aoife wants to do screen printing free workshop

hey gio, tell her to send an email to silckscreen@theforest.org.uk, i will receive this and then can chat with her, i'm looking for people to help out
by Stephen
Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:32 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: it is possible to have grant for Gaelic festival 28 nov.?
Replies: 6
Views: 1495

Re: it is possible to have grant for Gaelic festival 28 nov.?

hey there, if you are having this as a forest event then surely you can ask people to pay corckage. Gio i would also talk to mark about trying to find funding, he is after all a Gaelic officer at the Scottish parliament, worth a chat at least.
by Stephen
Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:43 pm
Forum: Front of House/Gallery
Topic: Rear projection after hours in the gallery
Replies: 44
Views: 17300

Re: Rear projection after hours in the gallery

This would be great over the blender weekend, lets hope this happens for then
by Stephen
Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:37 am
Forum: Events
Topic: Free shop!
Replies: 10
Views: 2881

Re: Free shop!

This is sounding great guys, FREEEEEEEEE shop!
by Stephen
Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:23 am
Forum: The People's Forum
Topic: El Bosque---- Missing folk in argentina!
Replies: 7
Views: 1483

Re: El Bosque---- Missing folk in argentina!

marmot,
still a mess, was that casio sk 1 with the red tape round it in the free shop yours, if it was thaks for leaving it there, i also have one of your shirts, feels kinda weird wearing it though, miss you,
by Stephen
Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:41 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: Technical set up / 17th & 18th of october
Replies: 3
Views: 2302

Re: Technical set up / 17th & 18th of october

I'll be there for the Sunday,
by Stephen
Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:16 pm
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Artists Facilities Meeting - Wednesday 7th october
Replies: 14
Views: 7561

Re: Artists Facilities Meeting - Wednesday 7th october

Just to update on the silk screen grant application

No

but it has been short listed for next months appraisal, apparently.

Here's hoping.
by Stephen
Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:57 am
Forum: Kitchen
Topic: the slushie machine
Replies: 7
Views: 2939

Re: the slushie machine

the slushie machine was incredably covered in shit mould, as milk said. will need an extra extra disenfected clean, who knows how the electrics faired having been sat in 4 inches of poo water for two months
by Stephen
Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:55 am
Forum: Minutes
Topic: Artists Facilities Meeting - Wednesday 7th october
Replies: 14
Views: 7561

Re: Artists Facilities Meeting - Wednesday 7th october

Just to mention that we spoke tp Johny about his equipment and envolvement, i hope he will be there, I will not, Also would be good to mention that we are waiting to here if we will get a grant for the silk screen room, will know some time this month, if people want to help then have them contact me...
by Stephen
Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:24 am
Forum: Events
Topic: IMPORTANT: Forest Fundraiser 5-8 Novmber - Coordinaor?!
Replies: 4
Views: 1314

Re: IMPORTANT: Forest Fundraiser 5-8 Novmber - Coordinaor?!

stepping, away, now,
Noise DJ eh, fancy that, ja´ss and noise, bring it
by Stephen
Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:14 am
Forum: Events
Topic: IMPORTANT: Forest Fundraiser 5-8 Novmber - Coordinaor?!
Replies: 4
Views: 1314

Re: IMPORTANT: Forest Fundraiser 5-8 Novmber - Coordinaor?!

Hi there, ive got a night in the cafe on the saturday, 7th i think, should be fun, it's called plastick fork and will include folk drone tv static art noise with food in plastic trays, it's going to be like living on the moon in 1986. I hope we get somthing good organised for upstairs on the friday ...
by Stephen
Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:07 pm
Forum: Facilities
Topic: when r folk sorting the cave?
Replies: 1
Views: 1613

Re: when r folk sorting the cave?

hey there grant, i believe we spoke the other day about the caves, glad to see you on the bb. The situation is elodie, an evs volunteer is back from holiday on monday and she is in charge of coordinating the set up of the cave. We will be needing carpet for floors and sheeting for walls to improve a...
by Stephen
Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:21 pm
Forum: Make/Sell
Topic: Forest records meeting in a pub somewhere
Replies: 2
Views: 1776

Forest records meeting in a pub somewhere

thiss just a note to ask about thaving a meeting to disscuss some record stuff for the future, gareth said we will be having a meeting some time this week maybe we should arrange this? Shubit from white heath also seems to be interested in this, lets do it, who else wants to come and talk about ways...
by Stephen
Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:37 pm
Forum: Events
Topic: Artists Facillities meeting wed 9th sep
Replies: 12
Views: 3105

Re: Artists Facillities meeting wed 9th sep

who said this,

we were thinking about reducing studio space to make space for storage of hall equipment building materials etc,

this will all be discussed at the meeting, nothing to do with fire regulations etc

come come

Go to advanced search