Posters where?

lucky

Posters where?

Post by lucky » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:53 pm

I never know where to put posters outside of The Forest.

Can people please suggest where good places are, and also if you would put things up if we handed you posters.

A*
Bohnenflaschen!

ruairidh

Post by ruairidh » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:10 pm

Round Universities? Near libraries? Think of the people you want to attract and advertise where they congregate!
Hello there!

chakan hislop

Post by chakan hislop » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:31 pm

Places to put poster

Hostels.. (in most cases a4 sizes only)
Internet cafes (in most cases a4 sizes only)
Cafe's that promote charities, cycling, and environment issues..
The universities as mentioned (in most cases a4 sizes only)
organisations like ACE (up to a3)
There are at least 15 stores that have areas inside the doors which allow for posters, I'll try to get you a list over when i can find my old one, which may be a bit out of date, but i'm updating it for my own reasons over the next 3 weeks (send me email) (up to a3)

as long as the poster looks good, many record shops don’t mind you putting them up... (up to a3)

Dependant on the content of that periods poster, if there are cultural events or issue based events, you may also be able to put them up at shops and churches which have issue based or cultural leaning areas inside them, as long of course that you are not attacking them as part of the forest values package...

Be aware that most people are amenable to an organisation that promotes community and artistic values, but you need to really chat to the owners and managers of these venues to tell them what its all about, focus on the things which are most relevant to each location, and of course don't forget to invite them down to anything they might be interested in, (this will mean finding out a little bit about them, and what they are about)

What i did was get on my bicycle and had a good old chat with the people that ran outlets on the main roads and destination points around Edinburgh.. and that seems to work... but it is alot of work for one person, so it might be best to designate specific areas to different people to break it up a bit... once a decent list has been collated it should be no problem for one person to in one day, or two people to do in half a day...
--------------------------------------------------------
Q. what´s the difference between insight and insightful actions?
A. maybe, possibly, probably...

nix

Post by nix » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:08 am

next week I will be distributing loads of posters for the Reel Afghanistan Festival..

I will compile a list and post it here.

keep the suggestions of poster locations, and posters to put up coming!