Forest BB

The digital grapevine of The Forest.
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:08 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:23 pm 

I can't be at the meeting tonight, so if you could discuss this, that would be great.

On the 25th of February a Japanese no G8 activist is coming to the Forest to give a talk on their preparations for this June. A translator will be coming from London to all the different dates as he's not confident enough with his english to field questions and have a discussion on his own. I would like to request travel money for both of them. This will be at least £22 minimum (I found cheap tickets from Edinburgh to Leeds - the next leg of the tour - online last night), but there is also a request to help with travel for the European leg of the tour. He is covering his travel from Japan to the UK, as well as taking time off work, but needs some help with getting to the European leg of things. All of the other spaces will be taking collections and donations, but since we can't do that, I'm wondering if we might be able to cobble together £20-30 extra from the events budget to help with that. I think he will also be bringing t-shirts to sell.

Thanks.