The Golden Hour: Wed. 20th August: AWESOME LINE-UP!!!

ravanwin

The Golden Hour: Wed. 20th August: AWESOME LINE-UP!!!

Post by ravanwin » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:46 pm

Hello, please pass this to friends or anyone who may be interested. Thanks,
Ryan

Forest Publications Presents:
The Golden Hour
Interesting Words, Arresting Music and Visual Rubbish in a Beautiful Space.

Where: The Forest, 3 Bristo Place
When: Wednesday August 20th - 9.30pm
Why: Because We Can.
How Much: Free Free Free!

FEATURING

9:30 – Nick Holdstock --- prose that pulls no punches.

9:45 – Jack Richold + and Faith Nicholson --- haunting and original music from the Batman and Robin of folk.

10:05 – Cassandra Passarelli - Reading from her aclaimed new novella: GREYBILL

10:20 – NITE FITE! - A Cartoon Sorbet.

10: 25: BREAK

10:35: Jane Flett - She's got poems and she's got prose / spin the bottle and see which way she goes!

10:45 – Billy Liar --- Acoustic Punk from the heart. Get cut!

11:05: Jason Morton --- Stories from the bottom of the ginger wine bottle. Sweetness tempered with proof.

11:20: BREAK

11:30: Erica Duffy - Prose from the Canada. A fresh voice that puts a little birdhouse in your soul.

11:45: Raise Your Hem - Bawdy, drinking songs. A muscular work out of good time music!

00:05: Ryan Van Winkle -- Poems from the Scottish Poetry Library Reader in Residence

00:20: NITE FITE!

00:25: Break

00:30: Les Enfant Bastard - One man. One guitar. And a pocketful of the most beautiful songs.

00:50: NITE FITE!

00:52: Poor Edward - They've played on the street and they've played the Queen's Hall. They've played the Louvre and they can play Claire De Lune. Watch. And be honourred.

1:10: The Exploading DJ! -- After a night of poetry and prose and live music and cartoons - doesn't everyone wanna dance? 2 hours of Golden Hits coming up and at you. Served with a side-salad.

swithun

Re: The Golden Hour: Wed. 20th August: AWESOME LINE-UP!!!

Post by swithun » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:27 pm

neil wrote:why oh why do people insist on posting massive images to the bb?
how many times before you learn?
did your parents not love you enough?
are you 'special' people?
do you have to keep getting new trousers from the free shop?
What you need to do is something like this:

Code: Select all

cp my_big_fat_greek_jpeg.jpg web.jpg
mogrify -scale 500 web.jpg
which makes a copy of your big image, and then scales it, so that it is no more than 500 pixels in its largest dimension. Walah.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chombee

Post by chombee » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:45 pm

But given that not everyone is gonna use mogrify, there is a package for ubuntu called nautilus-image-converter that you can install via synaptic package manager. Resize your images with just a click before you upload them. If someone gets a chance, install this on the forest's computers.

Once the package is installed you need to logout then login again (or run "killall nautilus") and from then on you can right click on an image or images in the file browser, choose resize images from the menu, then you get this:

Oh, P.S., this Golden Hour lineup is fab.
I've had it with you. If I had an image of a laser gun I would absolutely position it right here in my hand...
Ha! I have a real laser absolutely positioned in my hand!

milk

Post by milk » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:28 am

maybe either this or that would work. i'm tired now, will sleep first and look at later.
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:05 am

personaly i post full res , so that people can print it out in good quality and also store the full res somewhere , so that its available to all. that plug in we had for posting images was good . best of both worlds .
Heaven is a disaster

Lambchop , The Saturday option .