The Forest Fundraiser Meeting Saturday 14 March

Emma
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:38 am

The Forest Fundraiser Meeting Saturday 14 March

Postby Emma » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:01 pm

Forest Fundraiser Event

Present – Alex, Torstein, Graeme, Jamie, Gareth, Ilaria, Tove, Nix, Jess, Lynne, Emma, Era, Steven, Ida, Simone, Magda, Taskin, Sephi.

We discussed the format of the event and where it will be held:

Where – The Roxy (we can sell booze and the council have lifted the “no dancing” ban.)
When – Towards the end of April
What – An awesome ticketed night (£10 and discount for volunteers) that will blow all the senses. We'll have a carnival atmosphere and lots of stuff happening on the night including; village fete activities, music, free food, booze for sale and games.

Actions:

Date – Alex
To be confirmed with Dan when event can be held. We will try for the end of April.

Smells – Alex
We will have great smells on the night.

Food – Ida, Jamie and Kitchen Managers
Will be free. Big pots of curry, rice and salad suggested.

Produce stalls/competitions – Nix
Best cake, jams, beer, wine, veggies and pretend livestock competitions to be arranged.

Décor – Simone (Nix, Alex, Sephi)
Will include bunting, stalls, gazebos, tents, yerts.
Nix to check on bunting and yerts.
Alex to arrange entrance.

Booze – Jamie
Home brew tasking.
Order booze for sales.
Ask Williams Brothers for donations.


Bar – Gareth
To organise volunteers to staff bar


Bands/Acts/Music – Gareth, Alex, Ilaria
Gareth to speak to Blue re band and White Heath
Alex to speak to Jane and Ruth re potential bands
Ilaria to co-ordinate with Alex


Art Sales – Era
To arrange printing of A0 prints for sale


Forest recordings for sale - Nix/Emma
Emma to check with Nix


Ukelele spot – Alex/Pockets

Alex to speak with Pockets


Newsletter – Emma, Ilaria, Lynne
To design and distribute a newsletter to promote event and current plight of Forest.


Slushie machine – Graeme
To get it working for night to sell frozen margaritas.


Smoke machine – Dai/Simone
Simone to speak with Dai


Laughing gas balloons – Jane/Alex

Alex to speak with Jane


EU settlement contacts – Emma/Lynne
To contact our contacts to promote event


Website/facebook promotion – Ilaria

Ilaria to speak with Milk to arrange.


Raffle prizes – Emma/Sephi
Source prizes, donations, books etc.


Massage area – Alex
Organise masseurs/masseuses for the night.


Stocks – Taskin
Speak with Ryan, get other volunteers and organise stocks.


T-shirts – Steven
Will screenprint t-shirts for selling on the night. Need donations of white t-shirts and ideas for logos.


The Skinny – Magda
Magda to speak with her friend re possibility of advert in The Skinny.


Hair braids/Face painting – Alex/Simone

To arrange people to do this on the night.


NEXT MEETING 28 MARCH 2PM ACTION ROOM

Other actions and points for next meeting:

    Running further events to fundraise over the month
    Selling Art in The Forest
    Making posters to promote the event

User avatar
dan
Posts: 1410
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:04 pm

Re: The Forest Fundraiser Meeting Saturday 14 March

Postby dan » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:36 pm

(almost) All sounds good to me.
here's the few issues:

Dates - the one Alex suggested to me was fine

Bar - we would need someone who knows how to bar manage to do it on the night. Some people who could do this are Jane/Ruth/some of their suggests/Robin Naumann/someone who's had lots of experience in this.I'd need to know who this would be.
Also no homebrew sales - all sorts of wierd tax/licensing implications with this

Laughing Gas - no no

Door Staff - would need someone on main outside door all night (doesn't have to be the same personall night but needs to be someone very good - no noise on street, no taking bottles outside, no nothing) Again I'd have to know who was going to be managing this. Our neighbours are already on the warpath.

Dancing - in the process of getting this sorted, so lifted for the weekend right now and hopefully from then on. I'll keep you all posted. I reckon end of april should be fine though.

Sound - need to use house sound engineer or someone Chris Palmer reccommends (we're using his kit). Alsosince we get some noise complaints before can't be tooooooo loud... unless people wnat to help us do some more soundproofing?!

Nice one, go team!

D xxx
Our big brother's got no heart,
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose

User avatar
nix
Posts: 1231
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:49 am

Re: The Forest Fundraiser Meeting Saturday 14 March

Postby nix » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:01 pm

bunting is confirmed.

User avatar
ChaoticReality
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:16 am
Location: Edinburgh!
Contact:

Re: The Forest Fundraiser Meeting Saturday 14 March

Postby ChaoticReality » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:26 am

I can help with sound and/or running the bar (I used to run a pub).
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

User avatar
ravanwin
Posts: 5060
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:08 pm
Location: edinburgh
Contact:

Re: The Forest Fundraiser Meeting Saturday 14 March

Postby ravanwin » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:48 am

i will probably be on euro tour. but the plans sound great.

good to hear "straight dan" coming into his own. No Gas. I've been saying that for years, Mr. Silk.

R

User avatar
dan
Posts: 1410
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:04 pm

Re: The Forest Fundraiser Meeting Saturday 14 March

Postby dan » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:49 pm

silky dan vs disciplinarian dan are not the same person..
Our big brother's got no heart,

when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose

User avatar
Jane
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:10 pm
Contact:

Re: The Forest Fundraiser Meeting Saturday 14 March

Postby Jane » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:28 pm

yes, obviously there is no laughing gas in that building....
"We all tend to idealise kindness and tolerance, then wonder why we find ourselves infested with losers and nutcases." Sebastian Horsley

User avatar
milk
Posts: 1798
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:02 pm
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Contact:

Re: The Forest Fundraiser Meeting Saturday 14 March

Postby milk » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:22 pm

what the heck was the dancing ban? i heard vaguely about the gaza gig - who was enforcing it? if it was to do with former church premises, would that not have applied to the forest hall also, or has it been desanctified or somesuch?

for anyone who doesn't know; nitrous, like poppers, legal to own but illegal to inhale (though they do go so well together). cameras ready, prepare to flash!
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

User avatar
Lynne
Posts: 1343
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:35 pm

Re: The Forest Fundraiser Meeting Saturday 14 March

Postby Lynne » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:30 pm

Mike, I'd be happy to run the bar with you.

User avatar
lucky
Posts: 1460
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Re: The Forest Fundraiser Meeting Saturday 14 March

Postby lucky » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:23 pm

We need a rota for people standing outside making sure people aren't being loud or glassy. And a big warm coat for them.

A*
Bohnenflaschen!

User avatar
lucky
Posts: 1460
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Re: The Forest Fundraiser Meeting Saturday 14 March

Postby lucky » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:32 pm

Dan- we're having a meeting tomorrow, so I can give you names and stuff then.

A*
Bohnenflaschen!


Return to “Events”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests