Film night Monday 20th July - In the Shadow of the Moon

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Martin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Film night Monday 20th July - In the Shadow of the Moon

Postby Martin » Wed May 20, 2009 2:42 pm

In recognition of the 40th anniversary of the Apollo 11 landing, I'd like to show in the cafe on 20th July.

There are a lot of documentaries about the moon landings. You've probably seen a few on the telly. They show all the stock footage and narrate it with tedious details about how much the rockets weighed and how crappy the computers were. I wouldn't show them to anyone but space nerds.

This one is different: it's told solely by the people who did it. There is no narrator, no Discovery Channel Voiceover Man. Just ten aging astronauts sitting back and telling what it was really like to go to the moon; all accompanied by vivid colour film of every stage of the missions which had been rotting unseen in NASA archives for nearly forty years.

It is a stunning, riveting, helplessly uplifting film and I want more people to see it.

ChaoticReality

Re: Film night Monday 20th July - In the Shadow of the Moon

Postby ChaoticReality » Wed May 20, 2009 3:02 pm

Sounds awesome!

milk

Postby milk » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:20 am

sounds tops!

anyone ken if Deborah is back from her travels yet?
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) |

Martin

Postby Martin » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:34 pm

This didn't happen, mainly on account of the July events book not existing when I first proposed it and being full of other stuff by the time I got back to it.

But I've got it sitting about on DVD if you fancy putting it on sometime.

Return to “Events”