WEEKLY PROGRAM 25th - 31th MAY

Ila

WEEKLY PROGRAM 25th - 31th MAY

Postby Ila » Mon May 25, 2009 1:08 am

MONDAY 25TH MAY

5pm - Post - (Anti) meta Night
Life - sound posticipation by the Post - (Anti) metaband

9pm - Film Night “Stalker”
directed by Andrei Tarkovsky, 1979, 163 min.
An allegorical science fiction filmwas adapted from the novel Picnic by the Roadside by brothersBoris Strugatsky and Arkady Strugatsky. The film follows three men- the Writer (Nikolai Grinko), the Scientist (Anatoliy Solonitsyn), and the Stalker (Alexander Kaidanovsky) - as they travel through a mysterious and forbidden territ-ory in the Russian wilderness called the "Zone".

TUESDAY 26TH MAY

7pm - Tuberians "The Tuberians are a difference - a similarity.To describe them in one sense is to describe them in another - a soundtrack to life - energetic yet placid - colourful yet subtle - turbu- lent yet tranquil - a mystical journey of sound exploration from the undiscovered land of Tuberia." The Tuberians are an Edinburgh- based performance group which consists of large variety and ever changing line-up of instrumentalists and singers, with a cons tantly evolving sound which is invisioned to be both unintrusive yet inspired.

9pm - Live Music
A night with the Edinburgh live Music.
Featuring Danny Mallins & Friends!

WEDNESDAY 27TH MAY

7pm - 78s from 7 to 8
Gramophone Hour 78rpm records played on a portable wind-up.

THURSDAY 28TH MAY

9pm - 60’s GiG
Wordly Bands 60’s Rock !!!

FRIDAY 29TH MAY

7pm - Bob Hillary & the Massive Mellow
This is a band based around the song of one Bob Hillary, formerly lead singer for THE RUFFNESS that toured the uk festival cir- cuit for 4 years and released 3 album. Bob de- cided to build a new band around his more re- laxed acoustic songs. Its sound is deep and mellow with a distinct groove underlying all the songs. Reggae and country rythms support tranquil vocals with soaringtrumpets, organs and ele-ctronics building the songs.
http://www.bobhillarymellow.com
http://www.myspace.com/bobhillary

9pm - Stane Band
Heavy Rock band... All original songs!

SATURDAY 30TH MAY

from 8pm till close - Dinner with DECADES
R&B and Soul band
http://www.myspace.com/thedecadesof scotland onepagewebsites.org/thedecades

SUNDAY 31TH MAY

2pm - Robert Connelly
DJ plus several bands!

7pm - Deadwhore Incorporated Animations
Short Films Animations and Video Clips
Anol Monkey shavedry Contest + Bulling the Jesus

WORKSHOP
(All workshops are FREE and open to everybody)

Tuesday, 6-8pm: Drumgams - Crafty Room
Tuesday, 7-9pm: Forest choir - Hall
Tuesday, 8.30pm-late: Forest Drama Group - Hall Wednesday, 7pm - 8pm: Spanish lessons (Beginners) - Crafty R.
Wednesday, 5-10pm: Bike Generator - Crafty Room Wednesday, 5.30-7pm: Conditioning for Ballet - Hall Wednesday, 2-3.30pm: Gaelic lessons (Beginners) - Crafty Room
Thursday, 8.30pm-late: Music Jam - The Cave
Thursday, 7pm - 8.30pm: French Lessons (Beginners) - Crafty R.
Saturday, 2pm: STICH & BITCH sewing workshop – Crafty Room
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dan

Re: WEEKLY PROGRAM 25th - 31th MAY

Postby dan » Wed May 27, 2009 8:09 pm

hey dudes,

the website event's page is still stuck in February! And it's featured event is from November!
Now i know retro = hip, but this should be sorted/updated every time new events poster made up?

D xx
Our big brother's got no heart,
when I get my chance I'm going to punch him in the nose, in the nose, in the nose

ChaoticReality

Re: WEEKLY PROGRAM 25th - 31th MAY

Postby ChaoticReality » Thu May 28, 2009 2:10 pm

Hey Dan,

We're concentrating all our energy on getting the new site up and running as quickly as possible, so this won't be an issue (auto-updates, yay!) but we're having a few PHP issues which are delaying us.

News and updates in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=80&t=6183

Cheers,
Mike
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

Return to “Events”