Volunteermeeting Sunday 6 September

Hannah

Volunteermeeting Sunday 6 September

Post by Hannah » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:06 pm

Deer Volunteers
The next volunteer meeting is going to be next Sunday, 6 September at 5pm in Hall upstairs.
Do you have anything you would like to discuss except the experience of the Festival craziness at the Forest? Please write your ideas/suggestions here!
See you on Sunday

milk

Re: Volunteermeeting Sunday 6 September

Post by milk » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:14 am

bike-racked issues from the last meeting

tbh, no-one will have looked at the volunteer guide for potential edits as homework so i propose we a) go through it section by section to try and think of anything that's missing and b) try and think of how it could be reordered so it's easy to follow and that the important things about each area of the forest are easy to find.
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

milk

Re: Volunteermeeting Sunday 6 September

Post by milk » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:11 am

also, i'll be heading up to Calton Hill (preferably to be on the hill by 8:30pm) to view the end of the festival fireworks. they're synchronised to classical music that is also broadcast on the ForthFM radio station. the show lasts 45/50 mins and i'd highly recommend it.

http://www.eif.co.uk/fireworks/

http://www.edinburghguide.com/events/fe ... rksconcert

oooh, actually, looking at the site; "New for this year - live broadcast of the concert to speakers around the top of [Calton] hill! Now you can enjoy not just the iconic view but amplified sound direct from Ross Theatre where the Scottish Chamber Orchestra and Chorus work their magic."

hmm, actually, i might not head up there as i don't want to go somewhere that's /too/ packed out... and i'm assuming a PA will make more people come..
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku