LET THE HOMELESS TELL THEIR STORY

nix

LET THE HOMELESS TELL THEIR STORY

Post by nix » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:56 pm

Saturday 17th Oct at 5pm Old College Quad, South Bridge.

There will be an event for UN World Poverty Eradication Day, consisting of words from Edinburgh Makar, Ron Butlin, and video projection of clips from around the world, letting homeless people have a voice (cobbled together by me).

Come and see this free and unique event.

Serious.

Thanks!

NiX.

amelia

Re: LET THE HOMELESS TELL THEIR STORY

Post by amelia » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:37 pm

Hi :)

Is there any way I can see this from here? Is it going to be in a format so that it can be up online somewhere after it's done? Can I use the images?

Never been into owning homes or land, though I do now. Tried to have an 'earth embassy' one time but there was little support from others. It is very time consuming having housing property and seems silly. Way too much for an individual anyway, or a 'nuclear' family. What an inaccurate concept this was. This is what was originally figured as needed for our core development & support but this was overlooking a lot. We need a community as our 'nuclear'... The whole home 'guardianship' is clearly to me a responsibility of the community, and we naturally want all in our community to be with shelter and warmth.
Fortunately most of these assumptions and 'expertise', relied upon by our developing society, can be demonstrated as outdated. There are many models around the world to learn from.

For our future, I'd like there to be a general community big hut/communal area and then smaller private shelters for couples and interjoining 'rooms' for children, childrens areas, men's buildings, women's buildings, sisterhood areas, brotherhood areas, and celebratory spaces!!

nix

Re: LET THE HOMELESS TELL THEIR STORY

Post by nix » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:07 pm

Here is the video and some info.

http://www.eus.org.uk/2009/10/let-the-h ... eir-story/

thanks.