Forest BB

The digital grapevine of The Forest.
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:44 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:24 pm 

Dear fellow Artists

I am writing to inform you of New Raw Soul Dance Theatres forth coming STUDIO SHOWING. As you may or may not know the company has been extremely fortunate in gaining residency space at the New Howden Park Centre in Livingston. During our time here (September - November 09) the company has delivered FREE company class every Sunday from 3 - 4.15pm (and will continue to do so up until and including 29th November). This has proved to be a success with all company members and several external professionals and students participating (for more information please contact myself, Fiona, on the above address). Thereafter NRS has had the invaluable opportunity of developing new work within the studio space which is due to be premiered next spring/summer 2010 as part of the Foundations Dance Collective Tour.

Choreography this term is lead by Lauren Anderson King, NRS Principle Dancer and involves four of the companies current artists:

Rebecca Cameron
Amy Fraser
Laura Gilmour
Hayley MacDonald

NEW WORK:

DARKEST BEFORE THE DAWN

People say that it has to get dark in order for you to see the stars shine, but in the darkness, who is there to guide you through?

This piece is based on the struggle of dealing with life’s obstacles, little or large…they all matter. Everyone has their own individual way of dealing with things, whether it is surrounding yourself with people you love and can trust or locking yourself away from the world and battling through by yourself.

My inspiration for this piece came from choreographing with a chair, using it to support my weight and work with it rather than against. The chair represents whatever you want it to…yourself, your problem, your family and friends or simply just a chair that you need to rest on.

The primary intention behind this choreography is to deal with life’s problems and know that sometimes it’s ok to break down. In the end, if your run alone in the dark your more likely to fall - and who will be there to catch you…..?

To catch the beginning stages of this exciting and daring new work as well as an open opportunity for all audience members to comment, question, investigate New Raw Soul Dance Theatre invites you to an informal studio showing:

HOWDEN PARK CENTRE

HOWDEN

LIVINGSTON

EH54 6AE

SUNDAY 29th NOVEMBER @ 6.oopm

Showing and discussion approx. 30mins

I sincerely hope you are able to attend and thank you in advance for your kind support and interest in this diverse and inspiring new company. Your feedback is vital in helping to continue, develop and enhance the companies future productions.

Yours faithfully

Fiona Fyfe

Artistic Director

NRS Dance Theatre