Forest BB

The digital grapevine of The Forest.
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:11 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:46 pm 

Hello People...

We will meet on Wednesday at 7 in the Action Room.

We will discuss:

TechTeam: welcoming Julie as Bottomliner and finding out how best to help her help us have a coherent team.

Cave: Action Plan! and Who is the new Cave Bottomliner?

Darkroom Update!

Screenprint Update!

Studios Update!

any other business?

who will come... Grant says he will, Gareth says he will... I will ..

lets have a good strong meeting!

see you there!

N.
Attachment:
AF-Dec.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:57 pm 

one question i have is what is the relation between the sound team and tech team?

quoth the latest version of the Volly Guide;

Quote:
Café and Events Working Group

First Thursday every month, 7pm.

Building, Events & Promo, Film, Kitchen/Health & Safety, Posters & Advertising, Sound Engineering

This group plans and promotes events and film screenings in and outside the café. Kitchen issues and health and safety are key issues. Fixing, building and maintaining the café space by repairing equipment, technology and broken things. Those wanting to work in events promotions, sound engineering, and poster making are encouraged to attend.

Artist Facilities Working Group

First Wednesday of the month, 7pm.

The Cave (Music Studio), Darkroom & Photography, Forest Publishing, Forest Records, Library, Computers, Equipment, Technology & Broken Things, Screen Printing, managing the six artist studios (located on the Balcony).

This group meets to welcome newcomers and to maintain and improve The Forest Rehearsal Studio (The Cave) and The Darkroom. This group buys new materials and equipment and repairs damages. It also creates, edits and distributes all Forest Publications, and Forest Records and looks after the swap Library.

is this still accurate? if not, what should be changed?

n.b. the guide still doesn't have anything in it about the sound or tech team. if anyone thinks they could add a few paragraphs regarding this, please feel free to edit the wiki page! :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:00 am 

OK.

so.. I have added a wee bit to the wee Wiki.

Sorry abut the confusion.

We made some decision to change the title of the group from Sound Team to Tech Team. since the responsibilities of the team go beyond just the sound equipment.

a Sound team member is expected to be able to safely operate all Forest Sound Equipment, the Theatre Lighting, the cafe projector and the jukebox.

but Sound Team sounds better than Tech Team, I think, so I've started writing Sound Team again.

is that the right thing?

thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:30 pm 

"Tech Team" sounds too all encompasing to me. i'd go for the happy medium of "Audio & Visual Team" (AV Team).

i'd like to get some momentum going with computery folks and have been thinking of trying to put together an IT Team so that there's more structure and organisation for those who want to help out in that area.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:33 pm 

and thanks greatly for editing the wiki! i see you removed the info regarding The Cave for now - if you could poke whoever might take on the coordinator role to put up something (bb, naturally, & wiki) about Cave person sign-in/whatever rules after that would be fab, thanks :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:01 pm 

i'm afraid i can't make it in, but;

IT Team formation

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=7138

i'll be asking around for help soon.