Forest BB

The digital grapevine of The Forest.
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:07 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:04 pm 

The Forum for Environmental Volunteering Activity (FEVA) have organised Ecofusion at Inverleith Park on Sunday 10 April. The event gives folk a chance to "explore and enjoy Scotland's outdoors." More details are available on their website, http://www.feva-scotland.org/display/ecofusion. I've asked if we can have a stall at the event or at least have folk handing out the fundraising/SO leaflet. The deadline for registering stall-holders was 25 February but they are considering the request.

Is anyone willing to help out at the event & represent the Forest? This is a good opportunity for us to outreach to a large captive audience, some of whom might not know of the Forest or the current situation. Plus, it is a day out in the sun (PMA at work) and a chance to see various activities, such as Thai fruit carving.

The event is also looking for volunteers from Friday 8th until Monday 11th April to help set up/take down the event structures, assist stall holders & activity providers, promote recycling facilities available, direct event participants and provide information & support. If you’d like to help, then contact Denise Millan (d.millan@btcv.org.uk).

Cut the crap & make it happen.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:34 pm 

I would be happy to help out at the event... Lucy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:55 pm 

Thanks Lucy. That's two of us then. I've just emailed the BTCV contact to see if we can have a stall & if not flyer the event. I hope to have some more news soon. K x

Cut the crap & make it happen.