Cafe and Events WG Meeting March 5th
Present: Swithun, Shannon, Piotr, Martyna, Alex, Jason, Bryony, Nix (apologises profusely for being late, a Dog.
Apologies: Ryan, Saska
People not entering the kitchen
New Menu/Redesign - HJ
Tables and Chairs
New Breed of corkage dodgers - beware they're going clever.
How to deal with nasty sit/police/incident nos.
NM closing list
What you can have sign
Food Poster - Swithun has made amazing posters for the food in the cafe. Some controverisal. Shall we hang them in the Cafe? Any in the Red Room (RR). RR trying to be sorted out, we're aiming to keep the window clear. Shannon's idea for RR will take a while to impliment.
Can we have little shots overhead so we can get portion sizes visually for volunteers. AP SWITH Overhead Shots. SWITH to hang up posters.
Food Preparation - Piotr. People not getting value for money. Too small portions. We're doing photos to solve the problem. Our attitude has changed and we're more open to the customers. Keep an eye on what people are making. Nix suggests volunteer day every month. We used to have building day, but it ended up too few people. Maybe not once a month. One-offs. We need one soon. AP - NIX and ALEX to make training video. Nix would like rent for facility if needed. £40 approved. This is a longer-termed project. AP BRYONY responsibly for making building day. We willl get together on next building day to see how each other makes food.
People not entering the kitchen - Thread on BB. Vollies only on shift should be in kitchen for sake of not seeming rude to customers by ignoring them while making their own stuff. Randoms regularly in the kitchen, vollies should chat to people outside of the kitchen. KMs discretion.
Piotr wants to make a boundary on the floor. Red line Ask Before You Enter. NIX AP
KM/Volunteer newsletter - Alex AP Responsible for making it happen.
Rota - AP Bryony to print new things on rota. Don't sign up for loads of shifts in a row. Commiting your time, please honour that commitment. Speak to KM if you can't sign up for full shift, signing in box for 2 hrs stops other.
Tiolet Rota - Sean and Shannon AP Toilets been good recently.
New Menu/Redesign - We haven't been able to find the old menu on any computer. Shannon and Alex doing a new one ourselves, people can do it more fancy if they want. Anyone have any huge issues with anything coming or going on the menu? Having another meeting, decide on BB AP Shannon.
Kitchen Functionality - This means nothing.
Tables and Chairs - Nix had 3 submissions for tables. People have before stated shouldn't be down to Nix about deciding painting of walls, tables etc. Things can be painted over if they are horrid. FoH issue.
New Breed of corkage dodgers, beware they're going clever - Be more aware. Empower volunteers to go up to people. Crack down on them! We need to do another sign explaining, very clearly, why we need corkage. AP Nix. Nix says alcoholics are alcoholics. Peckhams are £3.
Red Light - There's a motion sensor when someone tries to go upstairs. The red light goes on when sensor goes off. Be aware.
How to deal with nasty sit/police/incident nos. - Police incident numbers are in the front of the Volunteer Contact book. Let's start a new Volunteer Book. AP - Get a book + transfer numbers - ALEX and BRYONY.
NM closing list - People still aren't doing it. Only person who's signed up recently for third section, staying behind, is Blue, no-one else. Nix AP to talk to other people who are staying behind. NMs should feel empowered that they can say no to people staying behind. Nix thinks signing sheet, box for name for people staying behind should be bigger - ALEX AP. ALEX AP to write a speech for NMs should they want to read it out. Shannon says keys shouldn't be handed over to people when they are drunk or otherwise. It's all about personal responsibility, we're all responsible for the space.
What you can have sign - This is important because we need to be aware of our profit margin, it's really tight with stuff like cakes because it's profit low, and sushi because it's easy to pick at. Don't devour fancy salad, they're expensive and vanish quickly. Be aware of stock? AP - ALEX + NIX to make the sign.
Drum kit - Nix says we need new snare and other stuff, £100. Shannon is SHOCKED it went so quickly, a month after we bought the last one. Nix re-proposes that we don't spend £100. £50 may be cool. Shannon says we need a more secure system. Nix says this system is to make it neat and amazing. AP - BRYONY to get in touch with people who let us borrow their drum kit in-case they took the snare.
Vollie Party - Bryony thought it stunk and was self-indulgent and not a volunteer party at all. There was no opportunity to talk to people etc. Volunteer parties should be inclusive, we've learned our lesson. Alex defends that it was accepted at the Working Group meeting and discussed on the BB. AP - BRYONY and SASKA to organise vollie party.
Any other business? - Show-business. Haha!