Forest BB

The digital grapevine of The Forest.
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:20 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:35 pm
Posts: 1084
ACTION WG MEETING 13/4/08

Present: Nix, Martin L, Meghan, Graeme, Gandolf, Olivier, Ras, Amelia

Agenda

1. Use of action room

2. Workshops

3. Bikes

4. Knockengorroch

5. Action room door


USE OF ACTION ROOM

Poster now in action room explaining use of room. Kudos to whoever did it.

Cleaning rota for action room - once a week? Did whoever cleaned it last see Gandolf's black beret?

Piotr:

Background:

Memory went missing. Piotr said he installed extra memory in one machine to use for rendering, that was lying around across the room.

System logs show that half of this was taken from another machine.

Nix confirms Piotr was clear in his claims on where the memory came from in front of everywhere.

Hence: he lied about where the memory came from, and shouldn't have been opening the machines anyway.

Nix moves he be banned from this room.

Has been told several times about abusing this room.

Nix: Piotr needs to be shown at a that he has to treat us with respect, best way to help him may be to support him less, he can't live off the forest.

Takes the piss, has an attitude, taking advantage of us.


WORKSHOPS

Meghan interested in doing photography workshops, complete beginners want help using cameras etc.

E.g. two-part course, one on shooting B&W film, one on developing/printing in the darkroom


(Technical interruption: Milosch has taken a shit at the top of the stairs)

Is it a protest shit, or a pragmatic shit?


(Relevant interruption: review of last meeting)

LAST MEETING

Ras had us review minutes of last meeting. None of same people here this month. No idea if action points have been followed through.

Lots of people come in with ideas for workshops etc, how serious are they?

Ras reminds us people need to make things happen.

Amelia asks: What is the function of the group here, when people come in and propose a workshop?

Gandolf: To determine if the idea is appropriate, and to offer support where possible.

Nix: Also, to reach out to the community.

Graeme: To decide how the budget should be spent.


BACK TO: PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP

AP: Meghan to make posters, contact others regarding loan of cameras.

Budget for some film?

Dates: Sat & Sun on a weekend early in May?

Use craft room for initial introduction.

Budget: could allocate April workshop budget (£20) for film, share cameras in small groups say 12 shots each, and ask for donations too and ask people to bring their own if they can.

AP: Martin to deal with film supply etc.



BIKES


We have bikes we loan... Graeme doesn't know how many or where they are. Nix says he knows... he thinks. We have seven, eight if you count Alex's. Or maybe nine.

Bike book exists, system should be to see ID and take £20 (£10 volunteers) deposit, maximum loan is a month. EVS vollies have been given bikes free of deposit.

Most are with repeat users. Three currently available, maybe?

AP: Graeme and Nix to do bike census.

April+May budget to buy cheap combination locks.

AP: Graeme to buy locks.


Bike storage: All on organ balcony, except for some bits and some more things to be moved.

AP: Nix to speak to Bloo & co about building bike shed in garden?

Shouldn't be many bikes here, they should be out being used!


There will be bike workshops.

AP: Graeme to organise and advertise a bike maintenance workshop, on Saturday 26th.



KNOCKENGORROCH


Festival Thurs 22 May - following Sunday

Has been agreed that forest supports zine & indy publishing stall there run by Nix.

Not a grant, Forest supported project.

Nix's plans:

Use forest money to pay for:

A van or the cost of using someone else's van, e.g. Bill has shown interest.

Provide: Large dry stall with: photocopier, laser printers, computer.

Produce: Daily newssheet with Forest name on it.

Festival currently does a magazine with contributions showing up the next year.

Daily thing would be much cooler.

Also: take zines.

Also: pay for one voluteer to come to festival to help out on stall.

Costs? 200 quid?

BTS WG said this was more than 100 and that money should be sought from Action WG.

Decision: Two month's community action money (£50) plus £50 Action WG money, total £100.

Nix can now go back to BTS WG to look for monthly grant to get £200 total.

AFWG/Forest Free Press have agreed to support by printing stuff.



ACTION ROOM DOOR


Nix to paint ACTION ROOM on action room door.

Ras: Why not done already?

AP: Nix to paint the fucking door already.




Meeting ended 9pm.


Piotr was then brought in and told the situation. He says he didn't tell the truth about where the RAM came from for fear of being accused of stealing the missing stick. He agreed to be barred from the room until further notice.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:08 pm
Posts: 4936
Location: edinburgh
sounds good guys.

may I propose with respect and love that our wonderful friend Nix NOT be allowed to take anymore action points until he finishes his artwork in the foyer. Nix works his balls off for the cause but obviously needs us to lock his balls down to get him focused on completing his project. This is not a reprimand but a suggestion out of love for nix and in the interest of someone getting the time to get his personal work developing.

r

_________________
-----
www.ryanvanwinkle.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:12 pm
Posts: 2734
Location: there and then
I haven't been in for a few days, but thought I better pass this on.

Last Friday the fire brigade stopped by for their usual visit. They were EXTREMELY unimpressed with the pile of computers and tvs on the upstairs landing. VERY VERY not to code. I promised they would be moving ASAP. So uh, have they moved yet?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group