You have to buy different size moulds if you want other than 25mm:
http://www.blankbadge.co.uk/index.asp?f ... T&catid=19
Consumables are very cheap:
http://www.blankbadge.co.uk/25mm-components-34-c.asp

chris

Re: artists facilities thu 28th aug 2008

Post by chris » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:47 pm

get it..
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:03 pm

yes we need a badge machine , i also suggest getting a circle cutter too . its a real pain cutting out circles with scissors
Heaven is a disaster

Lambchop , The Saturday option .

chris

Post by chris » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:06 pm

selotape craft knife to compass...
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

chris

Post by chris » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:11 pm

but i mean yeah of course...

Jane

Post by Jane » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:24 pm

yeah! yeah! yeah! [get it] xs
"We all tend to idealise kindness and tolerance, then wonder why we find ourselves infested with losers and nutcases." Sebastian Horsley

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:54 pm

chris wrote:selotape craft knife to compass...

youll get a hole in the middle , could be a feature
Heaven is a disaster

chris

Post by chris » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:40 pm

not if you put some blue tack in the middle, and dont use a spike....

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:33 pm

billy really wants his own. so, not sure this helps him. but, you know, maybe that doesn't really matter

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:22 pm

chris wrote:not if you put some blue tack in the middle, and dont use a spike....
any chance of a diagram of this process , it could be in the form of a treasure hunt , to find all the bits .

another way to make badges is just to tape an image over an existing badge ,
Heaven is a disaster

nix

Post by nix » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:43 pm

WAIT A MINUET!

On the 28th was supposed to be Visual arts meeting, not Artists Facilities... that meeting is supposed to be today, 4th Sept,.. what is going on?

I will presume that this is a typo and continue ..

Firstly, My Apologies that I cannot attend the meeting tonight as I am ill and the city seems very far away.

Secondly, Agenda point: Cave
Last week, Pockets and I started to rebuild the cave after Festival carnage. there were a couple of lads registered that Thursday and bookings started again on Monday.

We need to rethink the payment system; how about a voucher system? we print some vouchers and sell them from the café, £5 each. and move the money box back to the cave and collect the vouchers there, and use the stubs from the voucher book to reclaim monies from the forest?
I have already volunteered to do the cave banking and the user list updates. I can implement this system if necessary.

Musletusk amps. So on the Sunday after the robbery, whilst I was probably drunk I spoke to Grant fre Mussletusk. and I said some stuff that I was not entitled to say. He said that whilst the amps where in our care, one got bust and cost £90 to fix. I said the cave would pay him £50 out of its savings. I was not in a position to offer that and should have kept my mouth shut. I am a dick. we need to discuss it. he should be at this meeting. my tuppence worth is that we can offer him £30 towards it, but that he should move the amps, or accept any future costs of them being there. sorry.

Cave revamp. We need to put some time in again to get the facility up to scratch and working good. I propose next thursday, the 11th, as 'cave day'.. where we will spend the day tidying, painting, building that door in the corner! and other such stuff.. on that day we will make the new poster, and buy/fit all the stuff that we need to make the cave great again .. agreed? pockets?

we have about £180 in savings and should have a shit hot drum kit, three mics, three stands, all the cables, two working marshal guitar amps, bass amp and PA. cool?

Oh, the Cave Boss 8track digital recorder, was broken, but has been sent off to be repaired (free of charge as it was still just under warenty, and should be back soon, I am going to Red Dog Music tomorrow and will see)

Agenda Point: Forest Hire PA

So we should have a Makie 12 channel desk, two Makie 450 Active Speakers, 2 mics, 2 stands, all the cables, in a box neatly labeled and ready to be hired to events in the hall and other cool events. we don't. one of the speakers is in Red Dog Music being repaired. The desk is in the Action Room, still not working after having got beer spilled at boxwars. Chris says he will look at it if he dosent We should send it to get fixed.

proposed action point: I will take on getting the Forest Hire PA back in action, hopefully at the Cave Day.

thats all folks.. see you soon, happy meeting.