Sound and Stage Minutes

Working group and other such Forest meeting minutes
User avatar
pogo
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:30 pm
Location: San Francisco, California
Contact:

Sound and Stage Minutes

Postby pogo » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:39 am

Sound Meeting Minutes :
Majickal , tim and pogo

1st step discussions on PA/Events equiptment
1. lighting
2. pa : what we got/what we want
2c. safety


1. Lighting
forest needs a frontal lighting solution for events
discussed was cost... seems to be within reason to get a basic
3-4 par64 can setup for under £100.
example :
£64
4 par-can lights, disco, theatre, club lighting par64
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-par-can-lights- ... dZViewItem

would also be cool extra for only £10
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DJ-NEW-POWER-CAN- ... dZViewItem

+ the 4 dimmers to control them (or very simple light control deck under £100)

2. PA
main concern is that vocals are seldom if ever clear when bands play.
ideas:
a. make the system mono
b. tweak the gain structure of the pa to the room
c. secure the tower PA speakers for saftey reasons (they are very wobbley and dangerous)
d. possibilities of trimming down the PA (selling and rebuying parts of it) might just be too massive for the size of the room.
e. eventually we will move the PA to the back corner where the kitchen stops
this will require an investment - no doable now
f. lift the monitors off the floor

actions:
-Majickal and i will meetup next week to tweak the PA to the Room.
-tim will build a support structure for the wobbley speakers
-Majickal will gather and post a list of everything we'll need (and costs) to move the PA to the corner.
maybe use the list in a grant request for the student/sound engineer thing that the forest will be doing?
-tim will install some door-stoppers to the base of the monitors to lift them off of the floor
Last edited by pogo on Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

User avatar
chris
Posts: 2638
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:50 am
Location: heartland
Contact:

Postby chris » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:14 pm

hey there,

couple of thoughts on your pa points:

a. make the system mono - seems like a unneccessary bad idea (whaqt do you gain?)

c. secure the tower PA speakers for saftey reasons (they are very wobbley and dangerous)
- i dont really think it is neccessary to have the speakers on the poles, due to the room not being that big. (unless this pa is upstairs and the room is full of people).

d. possibilities of trimming down the PA (selling and rebuying parts of it) might just be too massive for the size of the room.
- i really think this is a crazy idea. this is a very good pa, all of the components are work together real good, which we frequently use on maximum volume (when there is dj and is full of people dancing it is usually on max volume and sounds good and we dont get complaints). its taken us a long time to get something that is so good and reliable.
0 x
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

User avatar
pogo
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:30 pm
Location: San Francisco, California
Contact:

Postby pogo » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:48 pm

Majickal, can we meet up this week.

i've been in daily.
and will be in cafe ~12-4 for the remainder of the week.
0 x


Return to “Minutes”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron