Forest BB

The digital grapevine of The Forest.
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:44 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:29 pm
Posts: 817
there are 3 apps for the monthly grant and one for the quarterly.

Anything else for the agenda?

_________________
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:16 am
Posts: 1111
Location: Edinburgh!
We ended up discussing techie/website issues and the remit of the working group as well as the grants.

Stephen took lots of minutes which I guess will be posted soon.

_________________
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:29 pm
Posts: 817
Behind the scenes 18/12/2008

Present: Mike, Ryan, Dai, IDA, Olivier
Apologies: Nix

Website
: mike is keen to make progress on getting the new site online but needs to get the details and image files etc from chris to design the front end of the website. Milk has made progree with the rest but needs design to make it look good. We can have a dynamic events listing system that automatically updates.

Ryan has heard from people who are keen to help get the website working and has passed on the details.

Login details are needed, Pogo still has some info also Duncan has info on domain name and hosting. It would be really useful to have all techie info in one place for reference so it can be easily accessed should someone not be available.
Also a hosting upgrade is needed to run PHP5 which will cost money.

Maybe other computer stuff should be moved to the BTS group?
- for example some work is needed on action room computers to make more secure and put an end to printing problems. A server should be set up to enable roving user profiles, each with their own documents and printing prefs.

AP Mike to contact Milk to see what stage Website is at
AP Mike to start thread to try to begin collating info in one play for tech stuff- though as some of this needs to be kept secure, should maybe not be posted to public access fora.

Money

Figures now available, haven't had this before and is useful, though hard to tell because grants and EVS confuse things.

ADmin staff can provide these figures and BTS group should be interpreting them. We could look into the incomings to determain what money should be made from Forest on a weekly basis but how would this work?

BTS group should look over the available figures each month.
Would be useful to have an update of WG expenditure vs. Budget to see how things are working out 6 months on from setting the budgets.

Figures will allow us to look into how costs can be brought down i.e. wastage etc.

Grants

After discussion, Monthly grant awarded to Racheal Clarke for european travel to study caberet, on the conditgion of a supporting event and her scholarship being awarded. No quarterly grant awarded.

_________________
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:15 pm
Posts: 1180
Location: Edinburgh
tech stuff - i just suggested a book in locked cupboard in admin office for storing passwords and so on by pm

money - why does grants and evs make it complicated?
but yes, people should be looking at fiqures now we have them.

I apologise for missing this meeting. had to do overtime for my other work


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:22 pm
Posts: 405
I'm sorry I missed this too.

I'd urge more caution on logins, particularly the server access stuff. It's been made a hash of before and I keep it very tight nowadays. I think only Milk and myself have the main details and I prefer to have them passed on directly from me.

Saying that, there are certainly some of them that should be gathered securely where the trusted competents can readily access.

We should make a list.

Off my head, there's :

Server Admin
Router
Joomla Admin
Workstation admin

What else ?

_________________
I love the bomb.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:16 am
Posts: 1111
Location: Edinburgh!
James wrote:
money - why does grants and evs make it complicated?


Ryan will be able to explain more clearly, but I think the gist of it was that when trying to work out how much money we are making, "free money" can confuse the issue.

_________________
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:15 pm
Posts: 1180
Location: Edinburgh
well yes.
basically we have money from grants that makes our bank account look very large
when really it's earmarked for certain things and can't be spent freely
but that's not hard for the admins to take out of money reports before passing on to the committee. 10 mins work.
its really not a problem.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:16 am
Posts: 1111
Location: Edinburgh!
stephengoodall wrote:
Behind the scenes 18/12/2008
AP Mike to start thread to try to begin collating info in one play for tech stuff- though as some of this needs to be kept secure, should maybe not be posted to public access fora.


On the back of this, please could someone with forum admin set up a tech-forum, where we can post all these details?

Cheers,
M

_________________
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:22 pm
Posts: 405
Done, hopefully. The forest dark arts crawls its slimy way back from the void.

_________________
I love the bomb.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group