Present: Mike, Nix
Apologies: Sam (rescinded)
1) Tasks to achieve today
2) Ongoing tasks
1: Tasks for today
Nix: Finish building Sound Desk cover, buy and fit locks for the same. Test+label all cables and put away in correct place. Fix laminator(?). Tidy Cave. Amps?
Mike: We should get the amps out and turn them off, they've not had a break for a year?
Nix: 3 years
Mike: Yeah, let's give them some downtime and a good clean. We need to try and get a switch set so we can turn them off more, power wastage is stupid.
Nix: People will break it.
Mike: But it's being used for a few hours a day and on for the rest. Still massive power wastage.AP: Nix to investigate feasibility of locked panel on stage for access to ampsAP: Everyone to work through tasklist. Sound team GO!
2: Long term tasks
Nix: Lets set a goal of having them done in a month. "Deadline" of 2nd Thursday Feb. Sound team meeting to be arranged.
Mike: Sounds good. Todo is Cave PC, membership cards and training/guide.
Nix: Will do membership cards when laminator fixed
Mike: I'd like the Cave PC to be temporarily relocated to action room so I can get easy network access.
Nix: Make sure there's a sign so people know not to use it.AP: Mike to move Cave PC and get it up and running
AP: Nix to make membership cards for Cave users
AP: Mike/Nix to finish "Idiot's guide to sound" and Equipment sheets.Sam Arrives. Mike gives recap of previous discussion.
Sam: Suggestion: permanent monitor(s), with talkback mic for the sound desk
Nix: Good idea, can cable tie current monitor in place and put a sign up.
Mike: We can use the DJ mixer to provide a mic input to the deskAP: Added to tasklist for today
Mike: Some EVS interested in basic sound training so they can possibly be "Events managers" on nights with a lot of bands booked or whatever. This was discussed in Cafe and Events yesterday, see minutes for more detail but I said I would do training when people were available. Some people also coming in today around 5pm.
Nix: Cool, let's also make a "Sound Team List" to put up on the wall by the sound corner with names and emails
Mike: Good plan, can we get a firstname.lastname@example.org
email set up to forward to all interested?
Nix: Milk should be able to do that today.
AP: Nix to liase with Milk about setting up email address/forwarding.
End of meeting! Hooray!
Addendum: Milk arrived and has been APed to fix the laminator today so we can have shiny things, yay!