VA minutes 28/01/2010

Working group and other such Forest meeting minutes
User avatar
stephengoodall
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:29 pm

VA minutes 28/01/2010

Postby stephengoodall » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:49 am

Illaria, Mirja, Stephen, Cara

Promotion

Mirja and Illaria went through the details of how to run the promotion of the gallery, this means a few tweaks to the way we currently do things, put it should not take up any extra time and looks like it will improve our exposure massively.

The details of the new process are attached in this thread

We plan to start this ASAP, the new submissions guidelines will be uploaded so that any new submissions will be filtered through the new system, we could begin this new promotion system with the 2 shows mike is doing next or if that is not possible we will begin the new promotion system with the April show.
AP: Stephen to update submissions guidlines
AP: Stephen to contact april artists to get relevant info.

Website update

We have a wordpress blog. It is free but we can't have our own domain name or change the code at all, it is an OK temporary solution for now though. Cara has experience with websites, so she can look into it for us.
AP: stephen to send details to Cara

Proposal for summer slots

everyone seems keen on the idea sent round by email. Go with that, but will split 2 week show for adam burton into 2 one week shows so that Mike's artist can be accomodated. Both shows are easy to put up and down.
0 x
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.

User avatar
milk
Posts: 1798
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Contact:

Re: VA minutes 28/01/2010

Postby milk » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:44 pm

It is free but we can't have our own domain name or change the code at all


it's possible to do this with the current webserver, i.e. use a TK specific domain for a TK specific site.
0 x
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku

User avatar
stephengoodall
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:29 pm

Re: VA minutes 28/01/2010

Postby stephengoodall » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:59 am

yeah i fgured that would be the case, though there is a certain appeal to something which is predesigned and works striaght out of the box-

if you had time milk, it would be good to meet up for half an hour sometime to chat about what can be acheived with the current site- would that be possible?
0 x
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.

User avatar
milk
Posts: 1798
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Contact:

Re: VA minutes 28/01/2010

Postby milk » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:06 pm

by my last post, i mean that you can run a wordpress blog on the Forest server and have a non-theforest.org.uk web address for it.

regarding the existing site - it would be possible to have a separate TK site theme for it's own section. it would also be possible to have things appear a bit more dynamic and have gallery show pages with individual descriptions, media and links.

i sat down with mike last night and helped him take the Drupal red pill by showing him a number of videos. we'll be knocking heads again i'm sure and getting others involved to make changes - maybe this could be a project for the future, but yeah, if you've got a quicksharp solution for soon then Forest server hosting is not a problem.
0 x
hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) | MilkMiruku


Return to “Minutes”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron