cumulative effect

Forest is people. People is you. You is us.
wavecycle

cumulative effect

Post by wavecycle » Fri May 06, 2005 9:34 pm

Hi there, i want to try and discuss the cumulative effect of concepts generated by the social ideology, for example the concept of 'convenience',
and the effect such concepts have had on different generations of people.
In an attempt to open this up, I noticed that i thought my parents were affected badly by the concept of 'convenience'. One aspect of that would be most obviously food, and food preparation. This idea of convenience, in a sense, appears to actually deprive them of the present moment of time.
Wavecycle

Fils d'Abeille

Post by Fils d'Abeille » Sun May 08, 2005 1:53 pm

I'm really sorry... but upon a second reading I'm almost certain none of that made any sense... either that or it's entirely incoherent...
I propose that "communication skills" constitute a necessary convenience.

off to see a woman about a spanner

wavecycle

Post by wavecycle » Sun May 08, 2005 6:56 pm

The idea is to discuss the way in which propaganda is absorbed by one generation and then passed on to the next, thus sustaining an interlaced fabric of propaganda. The purpose of the exercise should be to see more clearly precisely what it is we as individuals or groups are thinking.
I propose that few of us are thinking thoughts that are generated by our own powers, the majority of that activity is generated for us by the mechanisms extant in society.
Wavecycle

beev

Post by beev » Mon May 09, 2005 1:22 am

wavecycle wrote:I propose that few of us are thinking thoughts that are generated by our own powers, the majority of that activity is generated for us by the mechanisms extant in society.
True, but not necessarily a bad thing. The wisdom of ages seems to get passed along in the same passive sense. For example, I was about fifteen when Kant's philosophies went rambling through my head - not because I had read Kant, or even heard of him, I was just pondering upon various things to do with life. I'm no Kant, but what information had come my way in those fifteen years was sufficient to propel my young mind independently into the world of Kantian philosophy. The collective consciousness moves slowly on!

Propaganda is powerful, but stay close to nature and you will see through it. (& human nature -- I don't just mean trees & shit)

wavecycle

Post by wavecycle » Mon May 09, 2005 6:20 am

Of course that is true. It is important as well to recognise the merit of continuous vigilance, for the reason that the process of indoctrination is ongoing. That perhaps includes some sort of review process to examine what elements of behaviour (in thought or otherwise) are generated by source or system that consciously or otherwise doesnt have your best interests as its motivation.
Wavecycle