views on materialism?!

Forest is people. People is you. You is us.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
lorenzo_pickle
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

views on materialism?!

Postby lorenzo_pickle » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:55 pm

I've just stumbled across this rather interesting looking little outfit on the internet whilst attempting to do some research for my project for my art diploma.
I was just interested to get some responses.... very vague I know but I'm creating an instillation under the title 'struggling in the waters of materialism' (which is taken from a William Blake painting 1794) and I'd very much like to get lots of different written responses to the above title... thats if anyone has a spare few minutes to conjure something up! muchos thanks, Lauren

Jimmy Bastard

Postby Jimmy Bastard » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:39 pm

will PM you some thoughts in the next few days.
Pep Up The Turmoil

lorenzo_pickle

Postby lorenzo_pickle » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:00 pm

yup, thats the very picture! amazing isn't it?! thanks for taking an interest, i'm extremely grateful, would be ace to have your view! Warm wishes

Jimmy Bastard

Postby Jimmy Bastard » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:25 pm

Pep Up The Turmoil

milk

Postby milk » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:42 pm

hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) |

Martin

Postby Martin » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:05 am

spark

B.C.

Postby spark » Sat May 17, 2008 11:40 am

The painting seems to depict someone floundering, emersed and slowly integrating with matter itself.
People generally see themSELVES as being of a material nature, or, physical, so is it so surprising that there is so much materialism in the world.
Is there even a crucifixion aspect to this painting? Are these nail marks on the feet?
Consumed by material things. Losing our minds therefore.
Body consciousness.
Chaos. :shock: :cry:
LOVE IS CHANGING EVERYTHING

thehemulen

Postby thehemulen » Tue May 20, 2008 4:19 pm

milk

Postby milk » Wed May 21, 2008 4:07 am

hey, if you don't like it, post on the BB (so you can ask about participating for better) |

thehemulen

Postby thehemulen » Fri May 23, 2008 11:46 am

cheers for that tip milk!!! yeh, id like to read a transcript or hear a recording of daniel dennets talk.

Return to “The People's Forum”