Calling for yoga mats/teachers

Forest is people. People is you. You is us.
bryony

Calling for yoga mats/teachers

Post by bryony » Fri May 23, 2008 10:35 pm

Myself and few others would like to hold a yoga group in Forest. Ideally we'd like to find someone capable of leading a class who would be willing to volunteer an hour or two a week. If not we'd still like to have the space and matts available for people to use. We're thinking a few mornings each week.

So if anyone knows anyone interested please send them my way. Or if you'd like to donate/lend a matt it would be greatly apreciated.

Thank you muchly.

amelia

yoga idea

Post by amelia » Sun May 25, 2008 9:15 am

sounds good. No help for the immediate future but can guide people through a routine. Have 3 mats. Perhaps I can help out sometimes.

I do an amalgum of various moves and different movement influences but it has the same effect - 'yoga' the union of thought and action, and a way of enhancing and ensuring the body's/being's inner or subtle energy is fully activated and 'filling our edges within us'. As a result of simple positions, we energize ourselves, keep ourselves flexible, maintain our full range of movement, stimulate our inner organs, pay respect to ourselves, and help our mental focus and control be able to be at ease and still while also encouraging ourselves to breathe properly. Moving throughout our range is all the exercise we need to do and surprisingly, how few do this. Cats stretch before they cross a room. I won't even mention Yogic philosophy or spiritual significance.

Good one bryony and the others, I look forward to moving with you !

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Mon May 26, 2008 11:45 am

Someone donated us a bunch of yoga mats once upon a time. Are they still kicking around the old office?

bryony

Post by bryony » Mon May 26, 2008 1:49 pm

Hmmm, interesting. I shall investigate.

beev

Post by beev » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:11 pm

last time i saw them they were in the cupboard underneath the preaching pulpit thing in the hall