Gotta share the photos I took of the Forest...help please

Forest is people. People is you. You is us.
amelia

Gotta share the photos I took of the Forest...help please

Post by amelia » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:26 am

Wow, the photos I was taking have turned out so well. I took snap shots of sections of murals and here and there as the fancy took me. The`colours are amazing. An entire wall covered in photos of photos of forest artwork I think would be really cool and look great. Like a smaller wall, like the immediate right hand side as you go in...

But, the biggie but, is how do I send, covey,transport them in a digital state?? I am so non techno as to not have been able to do the avatar - it always says my file is too big, though I was creating new folders to just have that one image. A folder is no file I've figured. I am using microsoft windows xp and I think the` photos are a pdf file but that is just off the top of my head at the moment.

I took a lot of them and I would love for you to see them. I may get them put another disk and posted if necessary.

chris

Re: Gotta share the photos I took of the Forest...help please

Post by chris » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:32 am

probably the easiest way is to join facebook, and become a friend of forest, then post them there....
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

amelia

Post by amelia » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:13 am

Ok, vaguely familiar with facebook - a friend sent me an email of her's and I have to join facebook myself to see it and communicate with her via that space or something.

So, once I've joined how do I then use that space to relate to forest - does the forest have it's own facebook thingy?

What I was really hoping was for images to be used if people wanted - print out - able on paper. If I was there, I would ask if I could stick up images and cover a small wall area. I took bits of murals, sections and angles, and at different angles - no edges. The colours are so good. The artwork is so good. Some people would have no idea of it if they didn't venture around. Even an area in the window to Bristo Place for anyone who passes to glimpse the creativity that is inside the forest.

So, the facebook idea...can they be downloaded this way if anyone wanted? I will join this facebook.

Jimmy Bastard

Post by Jimmy Bastard » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:16 am

Yep,
there's an unlimited photo section where you can upload as many folders as you see fit.
In turn they can be uploaded to The Forest Group.
More folk should do this.
Pep Up The Turmoil

thehemulen

Post by thehemulen » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:24 am

why does forest condone facebook when it purged myspace?
"If something is boring after two minutes, try it for four. If still boring, then eight. Then sixteen. Then thirty-two. Eventually one discovers that it is not boring at all." --John Cage.

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:23 am

oh dear god no...not the Facebook argument again!!!!! :x
It's like God's vagina!

chris

Post by chris » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:32 am

cos forest has multiple personality disorder.
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:01 pm

yeah we hate Myspace and Facebook because they are evil, but they are too easy and useful to use and therefor blah blah blah
It's like God's vagina!

neil

Post by neil » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:10 pm

i think it was because myspace is owned my murdoch, who is perceived to be more evil than other people

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:58 pm

i think face book is more easily to control , and this was a problem with myspace that it wasnt . . i like the events feature on facebook it good for the gallery . the dream would be that we could do this with our web site . but as yet it not possible . the amount of double handling to do events promotion is crazy . tk has 3 web sites uses facebook and has a mailing list . it would be nice if you could do it once and everything got updated , as mike hinc said in august we have the means of production but not the means of distribution . this is still in the hands of others .

we have enuf problems maintaining the equipment we have already . facebook does all the maintenance for us and there is a price to pay for this . am not a big fan of it , but it works . but am always on the lookout for a better way .
Heaven is a disaster

Lambchop , The Saturday option .

amelia

Post by amelia » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:45 am

Well I have joined facebook but have not been able to find forest in it.

I needed to register in Australia and it gives me Australian anything to do with forest - all with australian addresses/localities.

Any clues on how to override this, or, does the forest have an actual site/address thereof that I can connect to through the facebook --------(whatever the correct techno term is) :idea:

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:24 am

this should do it.

looking forward to seeing the photos!

http://www.facebook.com/inbox/#/group.p ... 238&ref=ts

amelia

Post by amelia » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:22 pm

Ok I'm back from where I've been. Couldn't do any computer stuff. I had a wonderful time though which included dancing in Hungarian national costume (black material skirt with big colourful embroided flowers) to a gypsy orchestra. My uncle and aunt were visiting from uk.

When I checked this out briefly before I went away, at a glance it seems I can only post 5 photos? When I next have time I am going to attempt to put all the photos I want to show you. Please let me know if there is a trick to it.

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:09 pm

have java script enabled. or - post 5 at a time. you can post as many as you want.

amelia

Post by amelia » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:47 am

I did it! A leach, a few ticks and a 2nd degree rope burn to my neck from a freak accident with a ride-on mower, and I was given opportunity to post the photos. It is very time
consuming doing it 5 at a time but I couldn't figure the java script enabled thing.

I couldn't resist posting 5 of the fireworks I watched from the meadows.

I am careful always to respect privacy so I have not posted any that I feel may require approval from those in them. I have so many beautiful photos as I find Edinburgh so photogenic but I have stopped at the number posted, mainly because it is getting dark here and I have much to do.

I hope you enjoy them.