volunteer in new areas

Forest is people. People is you. You is us.
pogo

volunteer in new areas

Post by pogo » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:56 pm

i am getting overloaded with activities causing a dam in my plans. i wish i had eight arms on three bodies with two brains.

maybe you can help.
this is a list of the tasks:
<hr>
forest shop setup : the books
this would be mostly helping out with data input and organization of our newly started 'forest shop'. all done directly on this BB. so if you can type and post here.. you are qualified.
very minimal periodic work - but, as with all volunteer work, you can take it as far as you'd like to go with it.

forest records : online shop
in this, you would be helping with setting up the online records store. writing reviews, making ads for eBay, doing internet research on other online place that might carry the forest music collection. no html or web experience required, just typing.
would be good for those with a knack for words

forest ebay : find and tag...
this would be a very proactive activity. the forest has a great many things that are just sitting around, taking up space and are actually worth something. you'd be hunting for anything deemed not-useful - finding out if it's something that we should sell - then tagging it with a note and tape that it is an ebay item. when we have a few of these unwanteds sorted out, we put them on ebay and see what happens.
forest records : distribution
mostly a research position. the goal is to find a bunch of university alternative and other radio stations that take submissions and will play forest records. i'd like to have a set of our artists CD's getting somekind of distro by january or feburary.

anyone interested in these things, post a reply to this thread stating your interest.

beev

Post by beev » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:58 pm

the forest has a great many things that are just sitting around, taking up space and are actually worth something. you'd be hunting for anything deemed not-useful - finding out if it's something that we should sell - then tagging it with a note and tape that it is an ebay item. when we have a few of these unwanteds sorted out, we put them on ebay and see what happens.
Yo, I'm not sure if this is realistic. We may have on or two things for eBay, but I don't think it counts as a job for someone. Certainly not if the person isn't already highly familiar with us and our stuff.

pogo

Post by pogo » Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:54 pm

strictly point of view. i don't know anything about our stuff. so it would be no different for a volunteer. it is a logical process. certainly it is a job.

step one: spot items of questionable use to us (mark them)
step two: email a description of said items to the groups for review
step three: follow through with the appropriate action

Gandhi

forest radio

Post by Gandhi » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:48 pm

hi pogo
I was talking to Gareth the other day and he said I should talk to u about helping with radio Podcasting. I've got a degree in Bsc Media Technology and did lots of audio work as well as working on my own radio show etc etc. So if you want any help then give us shout. Im the fat one with long hair, glasses and normally wear a big green wooly scarf. wow when i read my own discription of myself i can see why im not to good with the ladies. :cry:

pogo

Post by pogo » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:29 pm

we - the forest - of course want people that can make things happen.
as with any volunteer position, it is what YOU put into it.

mentioned, is that you'd like 'helping with radio Podcasting'.
brilliant! do it.

i have no idea what Podcasting is, or what it can do for the Forest.. although i've heard the term plenty of times.
if you want any help then give us shout.
this is entirely your game. so i am turning the tables and saying to you, "if YOU need any help with that, give ME a shout"

start up the project, give me a list of what you need from me and it will happen.

i am stretched very thin, but i will certainly give support to anything of value.

--

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:49 pm

Cool i'll do some researching, and find out some more about it and draw up some proposals etc etc.

for your info Podcasting is:

Podcasting is a term used to describe a collection of technologies for automatically distributing audio programs over the Internet using a publisher/subscriber model. It differs from earlier online delivery of audio or video because it automatically transfers the digital media files to the user's computer for later use. Podcasting enables independent producers to create self-published, syndicated "shows," and gives broadcast radio or television programs a new distribution method. A small part of the much larger 'ipodverse' (from ipod + universe, a portmanteau, a term freshly coined by the gadget's fans but not comparable in scale, therefore a misnomer).

Any digital audio player or computer with audio-playing software can play podcasts. From the earliest RSS-enclosure tests in 2000 and 2001, feeds have been used to deliver video files as well as audio, and other media such as photographs and text are transferable by podcast. The term "cast", however, still refers largely to audio distribution.

Podcasting's essence is about creating content (audio or video) for an audience that wants to listen when they want, where they want, and how they want.

So we can broadcast radio shows and short films, documentaries, music videos etc(A Forest T.V. show anyone?!!!!?) live, or make them downloadable.

mrkyle

record reviews

Post by mrkyle » Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:03 pm

I'll do reviews and stuff, anything writey im keen for.
I've got a PC at home, but no net- is it cool to give you a floppy disk in PC format?
Are you looking for contributors? or someone to take the project off your hands? I'm more keen to be a contributor as opposed to collaborator, if thats no worries. Give me assignments and deadlines and ill get them done.
email me on mrkylegreenwood@hotmail.com or call me 07914769014.
cheers
kyle

pogo

Post by pogo » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:25 pm

sweet, i'll setup the space and post the details when it is ready.

Gandhi

distribution

Post by Gandhi » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:26 pm

forest records : distribution
mostly a research position. the goal is to find a bunch of university alternative and other radio stations that take submissions and will play forest records. i'd like to have a set of our artists CD's getting somekind of distro by january or feburary.
I'll have a go at this mate if you still need a hand.
It's like God's vagina!

ravanwin

Post by ravanwin » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:39 pm

great kyle and andy. looking foreward to seeing what happens!

pogo

Post by pogo » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:11 pm

yes yes... find the radio stations that take submissions... this would be a great help. thanks andy!

Gandhi

Submissions for Forest Records

Post by Gandhi » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:11 pm

Hi Pogo. Desperately need to speak to you.
I have been emailing a lot of Uni Radio Stations and now they're starting to write back saying they want a CD. So do you have some CD's I can send off with them.
Basically I promised them a free compilation CD from Forest Records, if they promised to introduce each act and direct them to http://www.theforest.org.uk to find out more information. I hope this is ok!!!! uuummm if not im sorry.
Anyways contact me soon, cheers.
It's like God's vagina!

pogo

Post by pogo » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:54 pm

I have written emails to loads of student radio stations up
and down the country. I outlined what the Forest and Forest Records was and offered a free compilation CD (which Jane and Dan are sorting out). I have said that a collection from all the artists will be sent as well as, a brief description of the Forest, Forest Records and the artists. I also said that after each song used they please mention the forests' website.
there is nothing more on the artists except whats on the site. there is a bunch there, not to mention all of the music http://www.theforest.org.uk/music/
Jane runs the Shop, and we had made a bunch of copies, non of which i believe have sold out yet. and her and Dan are sorting out the compilation CD for you, that's about all the action that can be taken at this time.

well, other than a few things like:
-help out with setting up the paypal store (just copying and pasting code)
-help out with searching the internet for links and clips that could be referenced from our music pages
-then, add the content to our site music sections

are there any internet radio stations that accept MP3 uploads?

we should all have a wee meeting to discuss this?

Gandhi

meeting..yep, its needed

Post by Gandhi » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:39 pm

yes we deffo all need a meeting. I'll be in the forest at about 4 o'clock tomorow. Will you be about?
It's like God's vagina!

pogo

Post by pogo » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:46 pm

http://www.theforest.org.uk/events/review

this is sort of what i had in mind for event reviews. simple to post. i'll just keep putting events posters here and see if you or anyone can submit reveiws or update the information. it will be nice to have some stories and words surrounding all the photo coverage on the site.
thanks

the password is : review

just if you'd like to add in the Date of the event or a caption like on the fist one. or to delete reviews if you need to change something it one.