Freeshop!

Forest is people. People is you. You is us.
Tove evs

Freeshop!

Post by Tove evs » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:12 pm

ok... so there is to much things in the freeshop again.
If someone wants to organize a big freeshop, maybe in the hall that would be perfect.

I have a feeling that the freeshop could work even better if we had a permanent freeshop somewhere in the forest.
I know that there has been one before, and that it went all messy but maybe there can be a way to keep the freeshop in a
good way?
anyway, ther is to much things, there is clothes and stuff on the floor outside the cupboard, and there is nice things as well.
Any ideas about what we should do with all of that is welcome.

Thanks,
Tove

Lynne

Re: Freeshop!

Post by Lynne » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:24 pm

So...we need to think about:

a) Do we still want the freeshop? and
b) Do we have the space to actually have a shop again?

If the answer to both of these questions is NO, then I think we need to think about whether we can still run a free shop, 'cause it's not working in it's present state!

I agree with Tove that it's too much for one person to co-ordinate......

We could also think about setting up a 'free shop team' who holds a freeshop every two weeks in the hall, binning all the useless shite?!

What'dya's think?

nix

Post by nix » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:02 pm

One idea is that the Freeshop Team (a great Idea by the way) run freeshop on a more regular basis, like a couple of hours every afternoon, and therefore there is a faster turnover of stock and less chance of it gettting to choaking point.

or, a lockble wee cupbord near the Old Hat Library, that is opend at the same time as the library.

...another idea is to abolish freeshop entirely. (this would be too sad)

when the freeshop stuff gets too much, the onlz option is to chuck out anything that is not brilliant, take what you can to the charity shop .. and just keep a few boxes of the best stuff.

I understand that more people need to ge on board to get this sorted... not just one person!

but it is possible to have a functioning freeshop in Forest!

Viva La Freeshop

Lynne

Post by Lynne » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:07 pm

What working group does the free shop come under?

We're having the BTS meeting tonight.....is this where we should talk about the freeshop?

Shop merchandise is on my BTS list!

???

nix

Post by nix » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:15 pm

I think Freeshop is Action WG.

but if we can have sencible discussion about it, at any meeting, that would be good.

Lynne

Post by Lynne » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:47 pm

Righto!

Will discuss at BTS tonight with view to putting on Action WG agenda.

ChaoticReality

Post by ChaoticReality » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:51 pm

Freeshop fell under the Action WG the last time I was last a meeting.
Mike

Dawnsio 'mlaen i'r gwres prynhawn a rwy'n addo erbyn yfori byddai wedi mynd, hwyl fawr i pawb, hwyl fawr i pawb...

scoutwinter

Post by scoutwinter » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:19 pm

ok I love the freeshop
but I'm not down with it being open next to & at the same time as old hat books, too much confusion about whether books & hats are freeshop etc
i would like to be part of freeshop team but can't help out for a while... sorry.

how about - on slow days, those days when you're trying to work out what to ask your lovely volunteers to help with, there is freeshop?

neil

Post by neil » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:55 pm

This was discussed at BTS meeting on Thurs. The plan is to establish a freeshop crew who will run the freeshop one a week (on Sundays?) on the cafe stage.

It was agreed that one of the major problems for the freeshop crew is the constant dumping of stuff by people which creates way too much work storing and sorting.

So, NEW RULE: no dumping of stuff except on the day of the freeshop taking place. This is a harsh one, but it has to be the way - all alternatives have been considered and they are simply too horrific!

Tove will choose which day is most suitable and make it known to everyone.

*** KMs & vollies need to know this and to inform people correctly. No more random dropping off of freeshop stuff!!! ***