left over monster bikes?

Forest is people. People is you. You is us.
Shannon

left over monster bikes?

Post by Shannon » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:56 pm

Got this email today after a random phone call in the cafe:

Hi Shannon,

Thank you for your help with this. Would be great to get this story shot with the bikes that are still left and some of the people that made them. I'd would like to take them out either in the city or around the surrounding countryside and get some shots of them being rode as well as some portraits of the people involved.

At the moment this is a personal project that I'd love to shoot. If you guys are up for it then I would also like to try and get it published as an editorial piece. In return for your time I would be very happy to provide you with some large (or small) photographic prints of the final images. I never make any money out of these shoots but do it more for the enjoyment really.

It would be great to find out if the bikes are still rideable and also to get some phone numbers for the people that made them to see if they'd be up for getting involved.

Here's a link to my website so you can see the style of work I shoot - http://calverphoto.com

Thank you!

Paul.

--

I thought all the monster bikes were long gone, but Julie says there's one in the back garden and one on the balconies? Any chance that either of these are still ridable? Anyone know who made them? The one I made was stolen yonks ago...

Martin

Re: left over monster bikes?

Post by Martin » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:37 pm

See my photos from the workshop - http://void.printf.net/~martin/photos/F ... sterBikes/

Chris, Steven, and maybe Gary are still around. Where's Bill these days?

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:57 pm

Yeah, I was there too - although only for one day, and Sean took mine for its spin. I was more wondering which bikes are still kicking around and if they still work? Anyway, I'll try to take a look tomorrow.

Bill is with baby these days...?

Martin

Post by Martin » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:11 pm

One of the tall bikes was living in that spot by the stairs, above the double doors in the lobby, until fairly recently. I expect anything that's left is up on the balconies.

nix

Post by nix » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:43 pm

no.

we have Three Monster Bikes, on the railings on the way to the garden.

thanks.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:56 pm

I still have mine in my house, would be up for another spin, she don't get out much

baloo

Post by baloo » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:48 pm

is it possible bikes could be moved to a place where they could be on show ie:out of the garden please?!?
It would be ace to keep em somewhere where dey werent jus goin rusty eh.
up and at it.

nix

Post by nix » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:02 pm

baloo wrote:is it possible bikes could be moved to a place where they could be on show ie:out of the garden please?!?
It would be ace to keep em somewhere where dey werent jus goin rusty eh.
that would be great.

but I can't think of anywhere.

they are defiantly rusty already and we would need a proper Monster Bikes Workshop to fix em up... we should do one in the spring!!!

baloo

Post by baloo » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:20 am

can we shift them for the 9th? just for that day? for the tree planting?...just to make it look nicer....xxx
up and at it.