A personal query: 'organic' dentist?

Forest is people. People is you. You is us.
Susana

A personal query: 'organic' dentist?

Post by Susana » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:03 am

Does anyone know of a dentist who could remove metal fillings and replace them with some more 'organic' stuff? (and if possible one that doesn't require to rob a bank beforehand? By the way Why is dentistry so freaking expensive? Teeth are dead important!! Is there not a single dentist with a bit of conscience?... in the whole universe? ) :?
Susanita, la amiga tonta de Mafalda

thehemulen

Re: A personal query: 'organic' dentist?

Post by thehemulen » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:40 am

is metal not organic?
"If something is boring after two minutes, try it for four. If still boring, then eight. Then sixteen. Then thirty-two. Eventually one discovers that it is not boring at all." --John Cage.

swithun

Post by swithun » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:16 pm

I think the metal is there to stop the organic stuff getting in.

simone

Post by simone » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:30 pm

i think that white fillings are better for you, as they don't contain the metal....but they are more expensive, hence why they use the amalgam instead. i remember seeing a programme years ago about how the metal goes in to the body and into unborn babies too. not good
here is some more info, don't get too worried susanna though!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dental_amalgam_controversy
i know wikipedia is not the font of the best knowledge
I saw two shooting stars last night, i wished on them, but they were only satellites.
is it wrong to wish on space hardware?
(Billy Bragg)

amelia

Post by amelia » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:10 pm

yeah, you don't want those metal ones. I have only white ones now, as they've needed refilling etc they've been replaced gradually. Don't know what to do about the expense-same here in Australia, it is ridiculous.

I have a very good dentist. He's into 'preventive dentistry' and a lovely man. A guy I told about him described him as "a tiptoe through the tulips" and he hadn't been to a dentist for years, had hep c & needed a stack of fillings!

I find that many folk haven't been told of a lot of simple & thorough cleaning techniques either. It is scary how badly teeth are looked after when I chat to the dental people, and the posters they have in there :shock: :(