Wall info

Gaz

Wall info

Post by Gaz » Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:56 am

Very very good work on the text on the gallery wall explaining it all.

I always thought something like this would be a good idea.

However one minor concern. There is no mention of the forest.
Someone entering for the first time could very easily get the impression that the gallery is seperate from the forest...this has been a constant issue over the years and the text as it is could continue the problem.
We discussed last weekend why the gallery is important to the forest.

Can the gallery people please consider adding something, perhaps at the beginning, along the lines of:

"Welcome to Total Kunst, the Forest's art gallery"
the more you think, the more you stink

bill

Post by bill » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:20 pm

thats fine but are we sure its actually necessary? its seems lpart of the cafe to me?

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:13 am

yes that's right you know.
but many people don't.
this issue comes up again and again.
also - the gallery is not part of the cafe, it is part of the forest.

alice

Post by alice » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:15 pm

Yeh i got the text done a while ago and was just trying to explain the gallery I guess. Its quite a faff to get another line done but i'll see if anyone at the working group meeting wants to do it. It does say about being run by a working group and directs people to the notice board in the cafe.

I think this issue is not an issue. If you feel strongly about it then i'll see what I can do but whenever we discuss this people talk like the situation is still the same as it used to be, with tensions etc. and it's not.

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:39 am

no, this is not about the tensions of the past...just about everyone understanding that the gallery is key part of the forest, especially now the forest is a charity and the gallery is a key part of that.

when new people come into the gallery and it makes no mention of the forest in its blurb what do you think people might think? they might ask is this part of the forest or something separate? we don't want people to be confused right?

the info at the moment makes no mention of the forest. i find this odd that's all. why not mention the forest? and why the resistance?

also it's not about me at all. this is pretty standard stuff which i hoped everyone really understood and shared...

alice

Post by alice » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:54 am

sorry we'll discuss getting it done at the next meeting. I was just touchy I guess because it was quite a lot of time and effort to get it done in the first place.

alice

Post by alice » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:39 pm

actually there wasn't anyone at the working group meeting who could take it on as there weren't many of us. I would but i'm leaving saturday. bill?