Freshers Party @ Forest - In the Hall?

James

Freshers Party @ Forest - In the Hall?

Post by James » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:11 pm

We thought we were kinda hijacking the other artists personal party (has anyone asked them?) and besides its a bit small in there. Lets do this properly and use the Hall.

In middle of floor, lots of paper stuck down - pass out pens and paper. Bring things like eggboxes and other cardboard.
giant paper sculptere?

Cushions, tables, chairs around edge of paper ...

two parts of evening,
early, surf music from helen, paper on floor
later, possibly more dancey stuff, danny to possibly organise hiphop or something? however if we cant get something really good, maybe just drop it, concentrate on what we do best and just do art.

if poss, artwork and scultpures around edge of hall but not do important

need someone to operate bar in corner - BYOB, and maybe spend some tk budget on our own drink?

fresh fruit and veg and zesty wipes were discussed ..

lets push this to the week after we currently planned .. then we have more time to plan this and we wont be in competition with other fresher events .. Wednesday 3rd OCtober is free in the calendar.

James, Helen, Steve, Martin

stephengoodall

Post by stephengoodall » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:33 pm

yeah i think it is a better idea, if we are to havce a party specifically for freshers to have it seperate and at a time where it can be planned.

i think inviting loads of folk to join in the gallery closing party may well result in problems.

James

Post by James » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:18 am

I briefly mentioned this to Forest Working Group people last night during our team building "lets build swithuns Ikea wardrobe" session (oh, my, the swearing :-P ) and in general they seemed to think it was cool ... I even managed to stash all the cardboard in the forest for our use.

danny

nice

Post by danny » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:31 pm

Cool.
I bumped into a guy called Tony who says he can do some laid back funky beats and soulful stuff. I need to know what kind of time are we talking here and also, does anyone have a soundsystem we can use? I have a wee p.a. but something a bit bigger would probably be better.

bill

Post by bill » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:46 pm

i think we should tell folk about the gallery closing do. not as a freshers pasrty but throughout the peoples that we are seeing throughout the freshers week.

feel free to organise a cool event as well.

x

alice

Post by alice » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:19 am

Feel free to organise a party but don't worry about cramping the artists style by inviting people to their closing party. There's nothing more exciting than a closing party crammed with people and it doesn't happen all that often. Plus it will draw attention to the gallery specifically, which is what we really want to do. fresh fruit sounds nice though x

bill

Post by bill » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:25 pm

also i spoke to them and they are well cool with it

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:04 pm

It good that they have been asked , they where concerns about the work and it getting damaged , can we use the gold room too for it ? remove some of the seats for a night .it would be nice to have big closing party since the show seems to be quite popular ,

Shannon

Post by Shannon » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:38 pm

Take over the gold room - definitely.

There was a cool art society event in there last January where they covered the walls and floor with paper and had lots of art-making utensils. They even had a life model for part of it. Good stuff.

James

Post by James » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:18 am

Ok, I have talked to Ryan .... we should have the hall 8 to close, with a hour to set up.

Agreed we should tell the Freshers about the closing party to.

Nice one on the A2 paper from the free shop Danny, I saw that and thought it would be perfect for us and kicked myself for missing it ...

James

Post by James » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:16 pm

Ok, have breifly chatted to Helen and Salma about all this ...

how about this: paper in middle of hall, spotlight paper only, no lights in rest of hall, no tables and chairs? There was a show during august that did something like this and it was really nice.

Helens surf music at start ... AP me to get some kind of sound system

Danny .. the hip-hop/rap things sounds intresting but we really think this is the wrong place for it. To go from a quiet dark hall of drawing to suddenly ramping up lights and sounds and having to move the drawing before people start danced on it just doesnt feel like it would work. Its aimed at a different crowd entirely ... How about doing that as a seperate gig another time?

AP: Helen will do poster on Tuesday, James and Helen wil print in Forest office tuesday evening - it will be ready for ECA things.

This is the text me and salma have done .. Any corrections or suggestions, post here before tuesday (Sorry for short time ...)
Totally Kunst Art

Find out about our indepedent, free and expirimental art gallery on Wednesday 3rd October, 8pm onwards, with a evening of gentle surf music and the creation of a giant communal art piece. Whether you want to view work, submit work or take part in running the gallery yourself ... it's all taking place at The Forest Cafe, BYOB(ottle), BYOI(nspiration), BYO(reation), BYOC(ollobration), BN(o)C(ondensation)

Total Kunst Art Gallery @ The Forest Cafe, 3 Bristo Place (INSERT MAP)
AP: James to find logos and email them to Helen or post links here.

James

Post by James » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:03 am

James wrote:AP: James to find logos and email them to Helen or post links here.
Ok, apparently these are on the website somewhere - can someone who knows where post them here? Thanks!

note: Faith will take posters to Telford for us.

martinmckenna

Post by martinmckenna » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:44 am

i think what you are looking for is here

http://theforest.org.uk/download

James

Post by James » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:43 pm

A flyer ... image files for printing are in a folder on the desktop of the blue computer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bill

Post by bill » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:09 pm

what is the fit people about?on first read that sound pretty full on.

you can rent my p.a for 20 bucks.

x

oh and james any luck on that lead?

bill

Post by bill » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:09 pm

or if there is no one in the cave use that.....i don't know the policy on this

helen

Post by helen » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:26 pm

If there's time to print them, this would make a better flier

With the one that Bill did printed on the back the students get all the information about the gallery they need.

I also thought if you're going to take photos of people being given fake degrees at the freshers fair, when they're developed you could give them out at the party. Or if you have fake degrees left over you could give them out as well/instead.

Does anybody know if Danny is still going to do music for this?

James

Post by James » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:34 am

lots of little things to do, like tape paper to floor, get bar stocked ..... if people could be there from 6 to help that would be great.