the black box by bootworks

ravanwin

the black box by bootworks

Post by ravanwin » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:36 am

Hey all ---

so, i was in london for the BAC / Forest Fringe thing and they had a show called Black Box that looked really amazing and was quite cool. You're meant to watch the show from inside the box where they create a kind of mimed silent film. However, just watching it from the outside is interesting which is why it might be good to have in the gallery for at least a little while during the Fringe.

Obviously, the visual arts takes precedence in the gallery and obviously August is a hectic period and important for promoting the work we do year round. But this should look really good from the outside and should garner some attention as the fringe teatre crowd are quite good at drawing press etc.

They're looking for time between 17 april and 23 april. Anything from 1 - 4 days, they say. Obviously, there can be art on the walls but it will have some distraction. Hopefully, the VA can work with Forest Fringe to make this happen as I was quite excited by what i saw in london and think it would be really good for us as a whole.
xxl,
r

stephengoodall

Re: the black box by bootworks

Post by stephengoodall » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:58 pm

sounds good...

It would be best to get a proposal from them- we plan to consider all the proposals we have at the meeting next month and decide on the festival programme then.

If you pm me a contact email then i can ask them to send us a short proposal and some images.
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.

martinmckenna

Re: the black box by bootworks

Post by martinmckenna » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:15 am

i have emailed andy for a proposal ,

martin
Heaven is a disaster

Lambchop , The Saturday option .