august programmme: information needed

Ida

august programmme: information needed

Post by Ida » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:56 am

hi,
we are just preparing a weekly programme with all the events happening in august. so I would like to have some infomations (descriptions, fotos, maybe contact information/websites ) of the artists exhibiting in august. thanks very much

michaelbowdidge

Re: august programmme: information needed

Post by michaelbowdidge » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:21 pm

Here it is Ida.... :)

TOTAL KUNST: FORTHCOMING EVENTS

3rd-4th August: Loesje text Writing Workshop: Subversive poster art and workshop.

5th-9th August: Mike Hinc - My Imaginary Friends: We are all on a journey and My Imaginary Friends are on the road again. They'll be making their debut appearance in Scotland at the Total Kunst Gallery. If you are in the area - be there then! They look forward to meeting you. Ah! The joys of post modern irony!! - Mike Hinc

20th-24th August: What They Could Do They Did: The fabulous London Collective hijack the gallery space for their own nefarious ends.

25th-27th August: Bang Carroty and the Cardboard Cod: Mr Sands is in the Foyer". Once upon a time, long long ago, two moustache-twirling, udder-pulling, shoulderpad-shaking mavericks, who went by the names of Bang Carroty and The Cardboard Cod, took the stag by the antlers, the cow by the udders and the West End by storm. Known for their curious couture and mesmerising motions, the troubling double act stickslapped, fishwhacked and carrotslung their way into the lemonlight, causing media mayhem and frenzy. Audiences travelled far and wide to see the infamous pair in their oversized and misshapen performance, and before long they became a farce to be reckoned with. And now, for one night only (and a couple of afternoons, don’t say they ain’t good to ya) our gruelling, duelling duo will gyrate, pulsate and levitate for your delight and entertainment.

28 August: John Maters & Mónica de Miguel Rubio: "Ceci n’est pas Adam et Eve."

29th August: MINIVIDFEST: A day of video art in the gallery space.

30th-31st August: Jean Pierre Lapeyre - Self Portrait as The Ladder and the Saw : "Jack the Hard Worker was born on earth but in a different universe to this one." A combination of video, painting and live performance.
I'll take your brain to another dimension...

michaelbowdidge

Post by michaelbowdidge » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:54 pm

Sorry Ida, my first post had a couple of omissions - the information below is correct now....

TOTAL KUNST: FORTHCOMING EVENTS

3rd-4th August: Loesje text Writing Workshop: Subversive poster art and workshop.

5th-9th August: Mike Hinc - My Imaginary Friends: We are all on a journey and My Imaginary Friends are on the road again. They'll be making their debut appearance in Scotland at the Total Kunst Gallery. If you are in the area - be there then! They look forward to meeting you. Ah! The joys of post modern irony!! - Mike Hinc

10th-19th August: Private Hire

20th-24th August: What They Could Do They Did: The fabulous London Collective hijack the gallery space for their own nefarious ends.

25th-27th August: Bang Carroty and the Cardboard Cod: Mr Sands is in the Foyer. Once upon a time, long long ago, two moustache-twirling, udder-pulling, shoulderpad-shaking mavericks, who went by the names of Bang Carroty and The Cardboard Cod, took the stag by the antlers, the cow by the udders and the West End by storm. Known for their curious couture and mesmerising motions, the troubling double act stickslapped, fishwhacked and carrotslung their way into the lemonlight, causing media mayhem and frenzy. Audiences travelled far and wide to see the infamous pair in their oversized and misshapen performance, and before long they became a farce to be reckoned with. And now, for one night only (and a couple of afternoons, don’t say they ain’t good to ya) our gruelling, duelling duo will gyrate, pulsate and levitate for your delight and entertainment.

28 August: John Maters & Mónica de Miguel Rubio: Ceci n’est pas Adam et Eve.

29th August: MINIVIDFEST: A day of video art in the gallery space.

30th-31st August: Jean Pierre Lapeyre - Self Portrait as The Ladder and the Saw : "Jack the Hard Worker was born on earth but in a different universe to this one." A combination of video, painting and live performance.

There are a couple of other events listed here that are taking place in either the hall or the cafe:

http://www.embassygallery.co.uk/www.emb ... orest.html
but the main programme on this page needs changing (*sigh*) so please use the copy that I've supplied above.

Finally there's also this : Sarah Foque: installation in the Cafe from 11th August until the 17th.

James

Post by James » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:59 am

thanks. if you have any images we would appreciate those to. (send to ida or carlos not me)

michaelbowdidge

Post by michaelbowdidge » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:31 am

There are some images obn the Annuale link above - probabaly easiest to just greab them for there if that's ok... I'm away now for a week or so...