FIXING/to do

mirja

FIXING/to do

Post by mirja » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:01 am

HI, thought that we can have another running maintenance topic going on for the little stuff.

i was pointed out yesterday in the cafe that the gallery locks could be fixed, as they attract a lot of wandering folks, they had spotted people marauding the cupboards. One needs screws and both new locks i think, so whoever makes it there first ... i might be able to nip in but unfortunately am not sure.

and, the shutters, they really work fine, was it simone who got them up? great thing, really well done, big difference!

mirja

Re: FIXING/to do

Post by mirja » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:09 am

ah, forgot, nix ( i think? sorry im crap with names) mentioned that the window pane that is broken will be replaced sometime next week or so (nice.) , so it will screw up the paint work inside the gallery windowsill. perhaps we can think of a tlc-day for the space? or half day, or a couple of hours?
and clear the cupboard, give the space on top of the gallery some attention ( what happened to the cloth up there?), check the paintwork, quick lick on the floor?
what say?

stephengoodall

Post by stephengoodall » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:08 pm

sounds good (yeah what did happen to the cloth?)

only thing is, Jessica is installed until the 31st and Rich and crew are installing that same day.

Thoughts?
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.

simone

Post by simone » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:03 pm

hmmmm
yes we need to do the DIY stuff in between shows in order to reduce collateral damage!
no idea what happened to the curtain, we need some new material which i could try and get next week from fabricland. maybe someone got rid of it to make us get a new one!! not me i promise
glad blinds are working, super duper
I saw two shooting stars last night, i wished on them, but they were only satellites.
is it wrong to wish on space hardware?
(Billy Bragg)

mirja

Post by mirja » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:37 am

cleared the left cupboard yesterday waiting for jessica.
i left the old wallpapering table still there mike if you want it.
its a surprisingly large space, easily could take some equipment.

simone

Post by simone » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:12 pm

well done mirja
i shall try and do the right hand one on thurs
I saw two shooting stars last night, i wished on them, but they were only satellites.
(Billy Bragg)

nix

Post by nix » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:58 am

mirja wrote:ah, forgot, nix ( i think? sorry im crap with names) mentioned that the window pane that is broken will be replaced sometime next week or so (nice.) ,
Errmmm... getting the window fixed is seems to be a possibility, but the quote is very heavy, (429+vat supply & fit for the pair), , and I have only just put it to the FWG. ...

so I will keep you posted with the developments.

simone

Post by simone » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:07 pm

i have booked the 28th feb as an action day as it will be between shows. i have seen some material for the storage space above gallery that can be put up then and i will do the other gallery cupboard then, i was going to do it today but they were putting up their show.
we could make a logos too if people fancy it
(Billy Bragg)

nix

Post by nix » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:25 pm

So, the glass going ahead.

It has been ordered.

I guess it would be best to get the glazier to do the work on the 28th in the morning, so as not to disturb the show.

I will ask if that's possible.

thanks.

N.

stephengoodall

Post by stephengoodall » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:41 pm

quality- thanks for the update

simone

Post by simone » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:35 pm

do we need to inform the artists that there will be things going on in the gallery that day? maybe they could take their things down in the morning?
i am going to put up the fabric this week if i can as i said to them i would get it done.
(Billy Bragg)

stephengoodall

Post by stephengoodall » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:04 pm

It seems that the Glazier can either come on the 27th or the 1st as the 28th is a Sunday- i've asked Mike when Heather can install and she cannot install any later than the 28th. I've contacted Rich from the current show and he thinks he might be able to take most of the stuff away on the 26th, allowing the glass to be fitted on the 27th and heather to install on the 28th. awaiting confirmation of this, so the glazier can be informed.

Personally i think this is the best way of doing it but it might limit what can be accomplished on the Sunday, though hopefully not too much- if a new pane of glass is being fitted it is quite likely that repainting will be necessary.

Cheers for sorting the fabric Simone.

simone

Post by simone » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:38 pm

hoorray
and then after all our hard work we can sit down with a cup of tea and make a logos
(Billy Bragg)

simone

Post by simone » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:18 am

so nix and i put up the material to storage area but it has since fallen down. it needs to be nailed up at the top and then we can access to the storage area. it needs someone who is good at heights and ladders? any takers?
also it would be good to get rid of the stuff up there. most has no owner i think but there is some cia night stuff that i will contact ryan about. maybe we could try and clear some of that too. i know nix has his eye on a few things. anyways we can look at it on the sunday and see what we think.
what time shall we meet? 12?
(Billy Bragg)

stephengoodall

Post by stephengoodall » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:14 pm

sunday 28th 12pm? sounds good. I can do ladders.

mirja

Post by mirja » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:50 pm

i should be able to be there as well, and do not mind ladders etc.

simone

Post by simone » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:31 pm

yeah

i shall endeavour to get a new padlock for cupboard too
(Billy Bragg)

mirja

Post by mirja » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:53 am

just remembered what it was i forgot yesterday... about the practical...
if we install a simple music system, do we have some equipment for this already, or
should we just get a (cheap) cdplayer and some decent (cheap) small speakers and drill little holes under the cupboards... ?
THe Szajner show at least will use ambient recorded sound.

nix

Post by nix » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:19 pm

don't buy speakers.

we have some (6?) mini speakers that would suit.

amp and cd player you will have to find, but I think yous have a DVD player that could function as CD player?

thanks?
N.