during august!

chris

during august!

Post by chris » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:22 pm

hey tk!

we at 'forestx incorporated' are wondering what is the plan for august?

we are specifically wondering what, when, are there any gaps between shows, and can things sometimes happen in the gallery?

awesome!

Chris
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

stephengoodall

Re: during august!

Post by stephengoodall » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:38 pm

Hi Chris, the following is pasted from our application to be in the Edinburgh Art Festival (which we are!)
Our festival programme (a showcase on three 2-week exhibitions) has been planned specifically with the EAF in mind. It presents contemporary work that spans a number of mediums and genre and is chosen for its critical, conceptual and aesthetic qualities.

In the first of our three shows, the Hungarian – born, Oxford – based installation artist Katalin Hausel will take on the gallery space for two weeks and build an installation that will draw both on the process of making and the specifics of the gallery space. Katalin’s materially-intensive installations have been exhibited in Germany, US and Hungary. This is her first solo exhibition in U.K.
EXHIBITION DATES: 26 July – 7 August
Katalin will be in residence during the two-week exhibition and is available for interviews.

This is followed by a two-week exhibition by the French composer, theorist and visual artist Szajner, whose installation and sound piece [from this gleaming, words are born...] at the TotalKunst deals with contingencies and instabilities of ‘text’ and ‘reading’. The work is part of the artist’s ongoing micro-installations “Suspended Readings”. Szajner’s re-issued electronic music recordings will be also available during the exhibition.
EXHIBITION DATES: 8 -21 August
Szajner will not be available in person during this time.

22nd August – 5th September -Hitler’s flying saucers next to my mums’ house – the proof! iPod paintings of the internet conspiracy theory “photographic evidence” (and a few obvious fakes) for the project “Considering Silesia” by Anglo-German painter Mik Godley.

26th August Art Late- Artist Discussion with Michael Bowdidge and Mik Godley Plus live performance from Marie-Louise Plum
Marie Louise Plum- The interactive live-art installation consists of two artists and members of the public joined in masked conversation. Masked and robed, the artists sit on chairs conversing, and beckon to passing public to sit and join in the conversation. The purpose is to encourage unprepared, improvised discussion and stimulate imagination. We might also investigate props. Discussion will always base around lucid states, memories, imagination, surrealism and the future.

26th July - 7th August 2010 tk37 - Katalin Hausel

8 August - 21st August 2010 tk38 - Bernard Szajner

22nd August - 5th September 2010 tk39 - Mik Godley

so gaps are minimal, the next show will likely be installed the same day as the prior one is taken down although we are not exactly sure the specifics as of yet.

am i right in thinking you plan to do stuff from the 10th-20th or have the plans evolved beyond this? Did you have any specific plans in mind?

Stephen.
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.

chris

Post by chris » Thu May 06, 2010 10:41 am

hey!

nice one. I guess we are wondering if things like readings, and small performances can take place in there?

cheers,

Chris
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

simone

Post by simone » Tue May 11, 2010 5:25 pm

my feeling on this are that the gallery is not suitable for readings etc.
the shows are using most of the space and without the artists permission (some are sending their work) and not wanting things moved or damaged, then it best to not put anything else in the gallery and enjoy the exhibition!
I saw two shooting stars last night, i wished on them, but they were only satellites.
is it wrong to wish on space hardware?
(Billy Bragg)