Swedish woodcarver from Berlin

arizoniandreamer

Swedish woodcarver from Berlin

Post by arizoniandreamer » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:51 pm

Hi there!

A girl posted this message to the FoH's e-mail. I thought maybe she could have an exhibition at the TK+volunteer in the café. What do you think? I'll also post you forward you her e-mail so you could get back to her!

'Dear Forest-people,

I am a woodcarver and run together with a friend, a small workshop in Berlin. www.schnitzophren.com
My English is not so good. I grew up in Switzerland and now live in Berlin for 5 years in an apartment with five people, workshop and store. In Switzerland, the teaching of English is not perfectly straight and I hate me not to be able to communicate properly. I believe that my English would be better pretty quickly if I need to talk I would like to catapult me to an English speaking country.
A friend of mine told me of you and I am writing now and hope for luck.
Maybe you can use my help in any areas of need. I'm craftsmen use and like for everything removed, repaired, or whatever needs a helping hand. (I'm not a carpenter, and can't build right furniture) My work here in Berlin, unfortunately, it allowed me not take away too long I think for two weeks would be great. And this is also possible even in winter, so February would be great.
Sorry, I don't know a lot about the forest Café, just the info on the homepage and the stories from my friend - but this sounds great.

To make a little picture of me: I am 26 years old, and as already said wood sculptor. In addition to our workshop we do a little shop in which we have different events. At the moment a bit sparse but that will come back. Small concerts, lectures, public kitchen, cinema. We are also much in our neighbourhood and organize small festivals,second-hand-markets .....

I would be delighted if I could help you and you speak a lot with me. Because I have very little money it would be great if I could get a little place to sleep. But of course everything only if you are interested in me and my help for you.
I would be very happy!

Best regards from Berlin

Simea'

xKata

Shannon

Re: Swedish woodcarver from Berlin

Post by Shannon » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:49 pm

Pretty unlikely that TK will be free in February. I think it books in a lot further in advance than that.

The work on the website looks great though. Maybe an installation piece for the front room, or even the main room?

Of course she would always be welcome volunteering in the kitchen.

The problem is the request for somewhere to sleep. Do the EVS want a guest for two weeks? Anyone else? My flat is full up.

gaia

Post by gaia » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:21 pm

Shannon wrote: The problem is the request for somewhere to sleep. Do the EVS want a guest for two weeks?
We won't have any spare rooms in February anyway :?

stephengoodall

Post by stephengoodall » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Shannon wrote:Pretty unlikely that TK will be free in February. I think it books in a lot further in advance than that.
This is correct, sadly.
First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.