Loud Noises...

Action room, screen printing, darkroom, Bristo Hall, Cave, AV equipment
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ravanwin

Loud Noises...

Postby ravanwin » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:49 pm

Hi all,

I hate to start this debate again but, as an events organizer at the Forest, I feel that the cave can be quite a liability to our main function of providing a good performance space for artists.

Not only does the sound tend to bleed through the floor BUT often troops of bands will walk straight through other musicians performances making noise with all their gear.

I feel we should discuss ways to encourage mutual respect between the forest performers and the forest cave users.

Firstly, perhaps we have enough interest in the cave to make it so that loud rehershals stop at 7pm. Perhaps there should be a standing note to bands that they should reherse quieter unless absoloutly necessary. Perhaps really loud performers shouldn't be using the cave at all? These are just ideas and not a slight to any particular user of the cave. As a non-musician I'm not really sure what the need for playing loudly is but perhaps it is not always called for? Will better sound proofing help?

Secondly, the events and promotion people need some help. As the forest kit goes up and down along with leads, mics and mic stands and speakers etc. it is really important to make sure events can take place usptairs with minimal hassel. It would be excellent if cave users and moderators can help the events crew out by checking on the state of the performing equiptment on a regular basis. Right now the stage area looks a complete mess..... help, please.

that's all. Sorry if this seems like a whinge. It isn't, i just want to get people thinking about these issues as they have been adressed to me recently.
ryan

beev
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby beev » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:06 am

Andrew

Postby Andrew » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:28 am

meaninglessdream.net

swithun

Postby swithun » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:32 am

nospoons

noise

Postby nospoons » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:38 pm

ravanwin

Postby ravanwin » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:52 pm

TheCross

Postby TheCross » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:00 pm

Return to “Facilities”