Can someone clarify front of events book

Action room, screen printing, darkroom, Bristo Hall, Cave, AV equipment
lucky

Can someone clarify front of events book

Post by lucky » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:51 pm

Please reply to this topic in 'Sound' forum

ANy time anyone wants to book and event I always tell them, read the guidelines on the front of the events dairy and MAKE SURE YOU HAVE EVERYTHING YOU NEED WAY BEFOREHAND - DON'T ASSUME WE WILL HAVE EVERYTHING YOU NEED.

Then they do read the front of the book. If it comes to the night and they panic, it's their own fault and I warned them.

PLEASE put something on front of the events book about sound. Maybe someone would like to redo the guidelines in general and make sure the info is still relevant.

(skip to the end to miss out the rant)

When people come to do events and panic, I panic. And the Nachos are burning under the grill. No one's serving the customers. And I'm still trying to find a Night Manager. And this guy/chicks pissed off with me because I don't know the code for the Cave because there's not enough cymbal stands and seem unhelpful and I'm wondering if we're really being as clear as we can about what they have to do. Or I want to tell him/her that they are stupid and should know better.

Oh, wee rant. I'm going to post this up in Cave and Events too. I think we could maybe be a lot clearer about how much we are/ are not able to help people when doing events.

Maybe we don't need to, and they should just know better.

But the KM can't deal with it when thinking of so many other things.

Basically, I'm asking in a roundabout way if someone can make sure the front of the Events book is ultra clear, relevant and accurate.

Shears, Alex*
Bohnenflaschen!

nospoons

Post by nospoons » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:12 pm

whats its say on the front of the book?

think could be more intereraction between facilities and events, im hoping to come to the next events meeting, mayber someone from events should come to facilities

we're working on getting everything labaled for both cave and stage and providing no one moves or takes stuff offsite (you know who you are) then there should be no need for burnt natcho's are raised stress levels
censorship with a cunt

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:53 pm

i thought we were gonna scrap the events book and make everyone do it on the BB?
I personally think there should be a link on the home page for bands etc who want to do events. they click it...read through the information...then fill in a form stating which day and time. Then we will know that they must have read the information and are less likely to bug the Kitchen Staff...and if they do bug the kitchen peeps then we you can beat them up for being ignorant!!!...i do think some of you would enjoy that too much though! :D
It's like God's vagina!

chris

Post by chris » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:24 pm

we are not scrapping the events book yet... i still think thats a dangerous idea...
Maybe it could work? But it will be a kaleidoscopic blend of mysterious shadows and rainbow hued-dreams seen through compassionate tears.

lucky

Post by lucky » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:49 pm

Yeah, the events book is good. It's nice to still have something still working on paper!

If you wanna know what it says on the front, ask for it in the Kitchen.

Making people go onto the BB may take an even more amount of effort on whoever's present in the kitchen, having to explain the whole process. However, something could be fully explained on paper. It's a godsend to be able to say, "Read this," and get on with work.

I dunno.

Thanks for your responses on this!

A*
Bohnenflaschen!

beev

Post by beev » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:48 am

Event booking is supposed to go digital if possible. It's true that you can do things that make people read the stuff they need to know before they can go ahead & book. And they can get an automated email with essential info. And everything will be smoother and more efficient in other ways too because people will not be able to get away with not leaving contact details etc.

But someone has to actually go ahead and create the code for this thing!

beev

Post by beev » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:49 am

PS Why are we talking about this in the cave forum?

Gandhi

Post by Gandhi » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:48 am

We don't live by the rules in the Cave forum man!
It's like God's vagina!

nospoons

Post by nospoons » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:31 am

the cross thread thing could be my fault, posted the same msg on 3 bourds as seem to be relevent to all three, made sense at the time, no so sure now.

the booking book seems to be by for and away the easyest way to make a booking but if people were doing online it may make for easyer communcations should they want help with sound, equipment etc, although if it does go online then something moer straight forward than the cave booking sytem would be better
censorship with a cunt

lucky

Post by lucky » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:51 pm

Can someone do this front of the events book thing?

A*
Bohnenflaschen!